Our military is decimated

aubfaninga

I don't think we did have control after the surge. Now it is obvious we left too soon but it is never going to be under control. That place needs a dictator that the extremists fear. Who has no rules to play by. We can't and won't be that heavy handed. In other words they need exactly what they had.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct that extremism always existed. But there were and still are more, many more of the fringe element that are on the fence. We pushed them off the wrong side of the fence. When people criticize Obama for coming off as weak this is what i think he is considering. The extremists are not going to be phased by anything said or done short of killing them. It simply does not matter how tough you act. Most peaceful people will remain peaceful. We don't need to push more over the edge unless there is cause to do so. Choose your battles wisely. Make certain there is something to be gained. I don't really trust anyone in the mideast. Not evev Israel.

You are correct that extremism always existed. But there were and still are more, many more of the fringe element that are on the fence. We pushed them off the wrong side of the fence. When people criticize Obama for coming off as weak this is what i think he is considering. The extremists are not going to be phased by anything said or done short of killing them. It simply does not matter how tough you act. Most peaceful people will remain peaceful. We don't need to push more over the edge unless there is cause to do so. Choose your battles wisely. Make certain there is something to be gained. I don't really trust anyone in the mideast. Not evev Israel.

Egypt and Jordan are two places that seem to work pretty well. Mubarak was reliable for us. You don't need a dictator. Now maybe a democracy in a muslim country isn't going to work but a brutal dicator isn't what we need. You can treat the ordinary citizens fairly without compromising the security of your country. I trust Israel as a whole. They are not without their faults but letting them just get wiped off the face of the earth isn't going to help our security any. If you're not going to do anything then don't go huffing and puffing and drawing lines in the sand only to refuse to back up the talk. That is the absolute worst thing you can do. Better yet don't talk just act.

Archived