2016 5* LB Ben Davis (Bama signee)

RunInRed

Know this is off topic, but how does Ole Sis recruit as well as they do? I just feel like they should NOT be out recruiting us. Of course, I feel that way about anyone. EVERYONE should want to come to Auburn.

I think we should stat a support group for Doc & Kimi

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely there was more linebacker out there instead od just Ben Davis. Gus had to know DB was headed to uat all a long. There's no reason why we only signed 1 linebacker in this class.

Surely there was more linebacker out there instead od just Ben Davis. Gus had to know DB was headed to uat all a long. There's no reason why we only signed 1 linebacker in this class.

Overall it was an awful LB class. Keith Niebuhr's words FWIW

Looks like a couple guys went to Florida and Miss State from the state of Alabama...might have been useful to AU. Overall we did not do very well with our in-state recruiting.

I read that is this was not a good year for in-state recruits but I have to wonder if this is just what folks say when other schools come in and take some of the more highly rated players.

Looks like a couple guys went to Florida and Miss State from the state of Alabama...might have been useful to AU. Overall we did not do very well with our in-state recruiting.

Florida had a bad year of recruiting overall. There were 47 4*s or better in Florida this year. The Gators only landed 4 of them. We did not try to do very well in state this year. There were onlly 7 4*s or better in state. That's tied for the lowest number the past 16 years.

I read that is this was not a good year for in-state recruits but I have to wonder if this is just what folks say when other schools come in and take some of the more highly rated players.

It wasn't a good year in state as explained above. Of the 7 4*s in state AU & Bama landed 6. The 7th went to Florida because AU & Bama did not want or really even recruit him for that matter.

And don't just wonder, do your own research.

"If you can't get the girl you love, then love the girl you can get". LB recruiting this year fell to the point that we should have kept a couple of those in-state guys in-state. As low as our numbers are, they were worth a shot. MSU has beat us and Florida has strong LB play from guys we allegedly "didn't want".

Archived