University of Oklahoma SAE

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was umm interesting to say the least. If they feel that way fine, it's their right, but good for the national organization for stepping up and not allowing their organization to be used like that. Guess at least one person on that bus didn't feel that way. Wonder where all the members will go. Will another frat take any of them in? :dunno::slapfh:

Does this count as racist :-\

http://www.msn.com/e...?refvid=AA9xxSu

That will show my OU friends that took their shots at Auburn.

That, and a few other things.

I find it astounding that it seems to be in the form of a known SAE sing-a-long cheer. Is that something SAEs across the country know ? Was it specific to the OU chapter alone ? Or even something this class knew ?

Never heard such a cheer. Did they steal it from KA ?

I find it appalling in this day and age that college students would participate in such a chant.

But I also find it incredibly stupid in this age of cell phones and the internet that college students would tape this or expect that the incident wouldn't go public.

I find it appalling in this day and age that college students would participate in such a chant.

But I also find it incredibly stupid in this age of cell phones and the internet that college students would tape this or expect that the incident wouldn't go public.

It is stupid but I don't find it surprising that there are people that would do that. Racism in all forms is alive and well on college campuses all across the country. Certain forms of it, such as anti semitism, are even encouraged or at least not discouraged.

Does this count as racist :-\

http://www.msn.com/e...?refvid=AA9xxSu

That will show my OU friends that took their shots at Auburn.

That, and a few other things.

I find it astounding that it seems to be in the form of a known SAE sing-a-long cheer. Is that something SAEs across the country know ? Was it specific to the OU chapter alone ? Or even something this class knew ?

Never heard such a cheer. Did they steal it from KA ?

I wonder the same thing about the sing-a-long cheer. I use to live in Oklahoma and my sister is a Ok State grad. People in Oklahoma don't grow up with a identification with the Old South and the Confederacy. Now they can be racist for sure that is true. I just see this as being something not specific to the OU chapter. There is a heavy influx of individuals from Texas at OU also.

I also have never heard a cheer of such nature.

That was umm interesting to say the least. If they feel that way fine, it's their right, but good for the national organization for stepping up and not allowing their organization to be used like that. Guess at least one person on that bus didn't feel that way. Wonder where all the members will go. Will another frat take any of them in? :dunno::slapfh:

They go underground and still rush, have parties etc. Course that depends on how good their chapter is, which I do not know. if they have the ability to do that. Then they are sitting ready to come back if allowed. Course they would have to know if they will be allowed back for that.

I believe if the national chapter disassociates itself with the individuals then they would be free to rush another.

Shows a lack of character, self awareness and responsibility. I'm glad the national chapter shut them down.

I'd bet you that somewhere out there a black frat group has some things related to racism as well. It happens across the "race" spectrum but it is disgusting.

I wish the national organization would act just as swiftly when this kind of garbage happens at Auburn as well.

Shows a lack of character, self awareness and responsibility. I'm glad the national chapter shut them down.

I'd bet you that somewhere out there a black frat group has some things related to racism as well. It happens across the "race" spectrum but it is disgusting.

You'd bet that but you'd be wrong

I wish the national organization would act just as swiftly when this kind of garbage happens at Auburn as well.

Or that our President would act as fast and as decisively.

Sometimes the weeks and weeks and weeks of investigation just looks so corrupt.

They may not have a organized chant per se, but I've overheard the Greeks from Tuskegee discussing and commenting on Auburn's. Their hands are not clean.

There may be individuals who's hearts aren't right that are members of a chapter but you haven't or would you ever see a black frat with a song anywhere close to the hate you've seen in this video. The stupid thing about black frats is if they go overboard doing anything it's being done to the blacks...

But as usual when you catch someone red handed and racism can't be argued you hear statements such as I'd bet blacks do it too....

There may be individuals who's hearts aren't right that are members of a chapter but you haven't or would you ever see a black frat with a song anywhere close to the hate you've seen in this video. The stupid thing about black frats is if they go overboard doing anything it's being done to the blacks...

But as usual when you catch someone red handed and racism can't be argued you hear statements such as I'd bet blacks do it too....

Like to see that one backed up since you say we will never see that at any.

Mean to be truthful SAE at OU could have over 100 brothers and a handful of them (reportedly freshmen) got on the same bus, had their little song, and messed up. Apparently not everyone on the bus was in as someone took the video and leaked it to the organization at OU that took it nationwide.

The house cook is even calling it BS now, he is African-American and been there 14 years. Sucks for him cause he is now out of a job.

Noone is arguing it wasn't racist or is trying to justify it.

No I'm not! I know black people who have told me so. If you think only white people are racist you need to reassess humanity.

They do. There's no such thing as a clean race. We all have issues...it's how we address them and learn from them that makes us good people (or not).

People making a big fuss over this but this is nothing new, once again in these days and times everything is now being recorded. People have been knowing frats do things like this all over America. Even here at Auburn, you would just catch some pics every now and then and people would generally blow it off.

I guess you can't say wouldn't ever happen but you don't catch wind of it ever happening. My years here on earth and all the different colleges I've been to (grew up five minuets away from one) I haven't seen or heard of such

No I'm not! I know black people who have told me so. If you think only white people are racist you need to reassess humanity.

Didn't say that but black frats aren't on buses or rooms doing that, but even if they were why bring it up now? Share the blame of this particular frat being caught?

Didn't say that but black frats aren't on buses or rooms doing that, but even if they were why bring it up now? Share the blame of this particular frat being caught?

No, but you want it that way. If you can't see this issue honestly we will never agree. People of all colors do things considered racist so why act like it's just a white thing? Before you can understand you have to accept. That's all I'm saying. White people get all the attention because of history and media bias. Reality sheds a different light.

People making a big fuss over this but this is nothing new, once again in these days and times everything is now being recorded. People have been knowing frats do things like this all over America. Even here at Auburn, you would just catch some pics every now and then and people would generally blow it off.

I guess you can't say wouldn't ever happen but you don't catch wind of it ever happening. My years here on earth and all the different colleges I've been to (grew up five minuets away from one) I haven't seen or heard of such

I don't care who does it...it is disgraceful and needs to be dealt with. Sometimes you may not see it because it might be accepted. I have a close friend from Selma who went to Auburn and he is looked at like an Uncle Tom because he chose to go to the "white" school, and he's shared with me countless stories of reverse racism. We have to welcome the fight and defeat it as ONE.

And I'm trying to show you generally if there is the slightest shadow of a doubt people will go out of their way to say racism doesn't exist or of it does barely....then when something happens that can't be argued now say black people do it too when there is no documentation....You all want me to look at your side but I can't find too many who will look at mine.

Just on the first page of this forum...

Garner's death wasn't a big deal, it's only logical to assume Martin was going to break in somebody's house and he was out looking for trouble. KKK passed out fliers and they are stupid just ignore them (mention black panthers of course like those organization can be compared) and this but bring up black frats that supposedly does the same thing even though you haven't seen it

I think you should reassess. Not all racism is necessarily the same. Racism born out of oppression is one thing. Racism born out of a sense of "superiority" is something altogether different. What they do share is hatred of a group and, hatred for ALL who they identify as part of that group.

You will never hear me say that racism doesn't exist! It has for thousands of years. Unfortunately it's in our DNA, but that's no excuse because we have hearts and minds that should be in the right place.

I think you should reassess. Not all racism is necessarily the same. Racism born out of oppression is one thing. Racism born out of a sense of "superiority" is something altogether different. What they do share is hatred of a group and, hatred for ALL who they identify as part of that group.

Name me a race that doesn't possess each of the racist components you just posted? Honestly.

Archived