University of Oklahoma SAE

Texan4Auburn

It's one of the reasons I dropped out of my fraternity. But that was 40 years ago.

Not sure I follow, what was one of the reasons you quit?

What fraternity?

I happen to be an SAE - Alabama Alpha Mu chapter (Auburn University).

By the way, this is not institutional. The only chant is a version of Hotty Totty.

The only thing that is institutional to SAE is immaturity and stupidity. I was/am verifiable proof.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's one of the reasons I dropped out of my fraternity. But that was 40 years ago.

What fraternity?

By the way, this is not institutional. The only chant is a version of Hotty Totty.

The only thing that is institutional to SAE is immaturity and stupidity. I was/am verifiable proof.

So what do you make of the University of Texas claims that SAE @ UTx does the same chant?

What fraternity?

So what do you make of the University of Texas claims that SAE @ UTx does the same chant?

I can speak to what I know. It is not institutional. Not in the handbook or otherwise. I can say with confidence that the state of Alabama is as (nah, more) racist as the states of Oklahoma or Texas and it didn't exist corporately here. You may, or may not, know that SAE was founded at the University of Alabama. I have no doubt, unfortunately, that SAE's all over the country have and continue to believe much the same as the clowns in that video. Those guys speak for themselves. Period.

What fraternity?

I quit because there were so many "brothers" with whom I had little in common, such as racist views. But I will say that racism was not expressed openly as a group like this was. It was more closely held and almost assumed.

I also felt the Greek system required too much of my time directed toward trivial pursuits. This was also a period of rapid cultural change and I related more to the emerging culture than the traditional one.

I'm not going to reveal the frat, but it was one of the more prominent ones.

I have not idea if this is even true to a part of the discussion but I've noticed some people on the left siding with the free speech aspect of this incident and some others have even defended the frat boys based on their rights to free speech. I also heard someone on CNN state that some have claimed that they were reciting a rap song.

What fraternity?

I can speak to what I know. It is not institutional. Not in the handbook or otherwise. I can say with confidence that the state of Alabama is as (nah, more) racist as the states of Oklahoma or Texas and it didn't exist corporately here. You may, or may not, know that SAE was founded at the University of Alabama. I have no doubt, unfortunately, that SAE's all over the country have and continue to believe much the same as the clowns in that video. Those guys speak for themselves. Period.

Thanks for sharing. When I was a student at AU I was a Veteran and I didn't know or care to know what was going on in the frat houses. All of my friends were grad students or walk of the mill college kids.

No rap song is about lynching.....

I didn't think so. It's why I asked.

But they are about assassinating white politicians:

Should also add that while they were on tour they mock lynched a white individual as part of their stage act during the above song. I saw it when they opened for U2.

Course I do know why they did it and didn't complain about it.

Should also add that while they were on tour they mock lynched a white individual as part of their stage act during the above song. I saw it when they opened for U2.

Don't see the point. We can find lyrics about anarchy, killing, stealing, cheating, going against police and gov't in ALL genres of music. But them trying to say that chant came from a rap song is funny. I'm glad they're doing it because it's just exposing how far racism can go and people still try to make it right

Don't see the point. We can find lyrics about anarchy, killing, stealing, cheating, going against police and gov't in ALL genres of music. But them trying to say that chant came from a rap song is funny. I'm glad they're doing it because it's just exposing how far racism can go and people still try to make it right

You said no rap song is about lynching. Lynching was included in the stage show for this particular song.

Noone ever said that the chant came from a rap song. Where are you getting that?

People are using a video where the housemom was singing along to Trinidad and editing it to only repeat particular lyrics... specifically one word.

You asked and complained earlier about people mentioning others in these situations. The point is that both sides do it. Just like the individuals editing that video, and just like the girl that took it from the fraternity all the way to I can't get in a group for my classes cause all the white students at OU are racist. That girl with her all of OU is racist bit, is the exact same reason individuals say there is blood on the other sides hand also.

Most of what you said I don't know about if you provide links I'd read about it. But there is no other side to this particular incident. That girl has nothing to do with these guys racism. These dudes did what they did and people want to mention black music, black frats, this random girl. None of that is tired up to them. Why not focus on the incident instead of everything else? And people did say that chant came from a rap song

As far as that stage show....it was used as symbolism as far as what has taken place and I guess if you searched hard you could find one or two things to tie in out of millions of rap songs but no there can't be any justification for that chant from rap music

Most of what you said I don't know about if you provide links I'd read about it. But there is no other side to this particular incident. That girl has nothing to do with these guys racism. These dudes did what they did and people want to mention black music, black frats, this random girl. None of that is tired up to them. Why not focus on the incident instead of everything else? And people did say that chant came from a rap song

As far as that stage show....it was used as symbolism as far as what has taken place and I guess if you searched hard you could find one or two things to tie in out of millions of rap songs but no there can't be any justification for that chant from rap music

And I am not relating the chant to rap music. The morning joe people (I just looked it up) are idiots if they say the chant came out of music.

Now if you want to blame the use of the word itself (not in a lynching manner) on current music, pop culture. Then yes I agree. Either stop using it or drop the double standard on it. You want this integrated view each other as equal and acceptance of all culture society then that word is going to need to be redefined and a line drawn on it's usage. Then that line needs to apply to all regardless of color.

Your right. There should be no other side to this except the individuals that caused the incident. I am in 100% agreement with you.That is who OU heard or whatever that group calls itself should be focusing on. Those individuals and that fraternity. But they are not, the group is causing another side now also by attempting to include others. Both sides are guilty of that game.

My only point in all of this is that if you have people like Kanye West and others that make rap mysic with lyrics that are just as disgusting as this chant and not only are they not challenged, they sell it and make millions off of it. They live lavish lifestyles and are looked up to and imitated by a lot of people. Kanye interrupts the grammy shows when the person winning an award is white and people just sort of roll their eyes and laugh it off and accept his lame excuses.

Post the lyrics. But you also have country and rock and roll that has been around longer that makes disgusting lyrics, just like you didn't mention them in this post they usually aren't brought up, it's no point bringing rap up now either since country and rock and roll have been around much longer. Those guys have been living lavish life styles much longer. And Kanye isn't really a good example because he made his money on his own as a producer b4 he started rapping. That means he made his money by helping people in ALL genres make theirs. Now people like Miley Cyrus, Trinidad James their talent could be questioned

But once again if there was video of Kanye and a tour bus full of rappers yelling kill whitey, that video would definitely be posted here and not ONE of you would've posted hey but look at what these frat guys do.....not one of you

I'm not often impressed with your posts but I am very impressed that you know what every one here would do about something. That is definitely talent.

Hey long as you don't open your mouth and say you would. But you disagree? Which poster do you think would have if so?

As far as being impressed with posts....I think I'd be upset if you said you were impressed by them to be honest.

Oh so nothing to offer as usual? Gotcha. Me asking you if you disagree and who would do it if you do is weak? Ok. Lol. Btw that was one impressive post you made there....a real game changer.

YOU made the original claim about what EVERYONE would do. But now you dodge backing that up by asking me questions.

well first of all cole it was posted here and we did comment on it and we did say we're disgusted by and we applauded the national organization for their action. We did applaud the OU administration for their actions too. I didn't know about the video until it was posted and it has been all over social media and regular media since then. Kanye puts out stuff just as bad as that and sells it, making millions off of it. He is lauded and adored by the left. He gets to marry Kim Kardshian and be on television. He's held up as someone to emulate. That is the point I've been trying to make.

What? Yes I make the claim, and if you disagree I'm asking you why and who? What am I dodging? I said it. It's right there, I'm not you I'm not going to edit and change it. I could be wrong but certainly don't think I'm wrong. Hell we all know you wouldn't make that post so that's one off the list....

Oh so nothing to offer as usual? Gotcha. Me asking you if you disagree and who would do it if you do is weak? Ok. Lol. Btw that was one impressive post you made there....a real game changer.

Be careful Cole. Once the old men are on you, they'll never let up. They are lonely and need attention.

well first of all cole it was posted here and we did comment on it and we did say we're disgusted by and we applauded the national organization for their action. We did applaud the OU administration for their actions too. I didn't know about the video until it was posted and it has been all over social media and regular media since then. Kanye puts out stuff just as bad as that and sells it, making millions off of it. He is lauded and adored by the left. He gets to marry Kim Kardshian and be on television. He's held up as someone to emulate. That is the point I've been trying to make.

And I'm saying one marrying Kim Kardashian isn't an perk. She got to marry him. And what is the stuff he putsout that is as bad as saying you'd llynch somebody?

And I didn't say anybody wouldn't post on this thread I said if it was the other way around nobody would be deflecting his situation to talk about what guys in a frat do.

Kanye has nothing to do with this, and like I said there are MANY artist who has controversial lyrics so you're just mentioning Kanye because some people who are left likes him?

Archived