University of Oklahoma SAE

Texan4Auburn

I don't get why so many people have a such "thing" about certain black personalities.

Heck, I never hear much about Jackson and Sharpton outside of this forum. I know they come up in the general news from time to time but I either gloss over it or skim through it. I don't obsess on it. I think their "role" in either promoting or opposing racism is greatly exaggerated. But they invariably mentioned on any "racism thread" on the forum. They seem to become totems.

As for Kahne West, I have never heard one of his songs. Of course I am aware that many rappers are big on F and the N words - not to mention black comedians - but so what? It's just pandering to their audience, just like drugs and sex in rock and roll. Young people are quick to glom onto the forbidden.

I certainly don't see is as some sort of window into black racism or something. If anything, it reflects a lack of self-esteem.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SAE story has zero to do w/ Kanye or NWA or any rap lyrics what so ever.

It's about a bunch of idiot frat boys singing a disturbing ,twisted song , laughing while doing it, and having it all caught on video.

I think the SAE national leadership had every right to strip the charter and OU had every right to kick them off campus, but I disagree w/ expelling any of the members. That's for the OU President and Board or who ever to figure out.

I'd think the individuals would have come to the conclusion that staying at that campus would be a poor choice, all on their own. No need to expel anyone.

The asshats who are stalking the kid's home, in Dallas or where ever, need to knock it the hell off and just let it go.

This incident, and frankly this thread, is one in a long list of reasons that I am starting to believe we are on the slippery slope to undoing decades of progress we have made in this country on race relations. It really makes me sad and also anxious to find ways to get involved at a community level. People need to stop victimizing those in the majority. Look, no one has ever said that there isn't a black person who has said something negative about a white person, but really folks... let's not make excuses where there is none. At the end of the day I am disgusted by some of the comments I have seen here-- I will leave it at that.

It is up to each of us individually to stop injustice when we see it. To call out racism when we see it and to love our neighbor.

Where on earth have you been? Are you living out of the country? Obviously j/k, but couldn't resist the opening.

I too am disgusted and embarrassed by some of the comments here. BTW, that would be from both sides of the aisle. If one opens their eyes they will see racism exists on both. It is a given and all don't have the intellect to see it or comprehend.

Those who benefit from creating discord and unrest along racial lines, like the current administration , have been playing at this game for a long time.

Few are paying attention. And those who are ? Get called 'racist', right on cue.

Like this conversation is so jumbled up and confused it's pointless now. You're micromanaging statements that I was being specific about. But ok, the frat boys are victims and this is kanye's fault. I don't agree with your view at all but I understand you're entitled to it

No. It is the fault of the individuals that did it. Theirs and theirs alone. I have never taken the blame off of them and redirected it and said the Morning Joe people that blamed music for their actions were idiots.

Damn, so sad I jumped into this so late.

1st of all, I don't condemn everyone in the video. Young people are stupid and follow whatever they think they should follow. (IE: CHANGE, YES WE CAN, RACIST CHANTS, ETC)

... and OH MY GOD.... is Kanye really the person that we are attributing to being the voice of dark skinned americans? Seriously?

Let's let Manson speak for all white people then, or Hitler..... or any number of others. I could go into crap leaders of other skin colors but then I would likely be banned from posting for being racist..... despite what people might believe there are stupid people of both genders and every ethinicity in this world... blaming an entire genre for the misdeeds of a few is an injustice to the whole.

Bottom line, this is beyond stupid. Some kids acted stupid... others joined in the tard-ness and all suffered for their actions. What else is there to talk abut?

But,..... I'm on a half bottle of Hennessey with no spell check, so who knows what I'm sayin... right?

Bottom line, this is beyond stupid. Some kids acted stupid... others joined in the tard-ness and all suffered for their actions. What else is there to talk abut?

But,..... I'm on a half bottle of Hennessey with no spell check, so who knows what I'm sayin... right?

I like you...:lmao:

It's about a bunch of idiot frat boys singing a disturbing ,twisted song , laughing while doing it, and having it all caught on video.

I think the SAE national leadership had every right to strip the charter and OU had every right to kick them off campus, but I disagree w/ expelling any of the members. That's for the OU President and Board or who ever to figure out.

I'd think the individuals would have come to the conclusion that staying at that campus would be a poor choice, all on their own. No need to expel anyone.

The asshats who are stalking the kid's home, in Dallas or where ever, need to knock it the hell off and just let it go.

Well Raptor I will disagree to this degree. People get all up in arms over a bunch of frat boys making a racist chant. At the same time they'll excuse or just ignore the rest of it.

Well Raptor I will disagree to this degree. People get all up in arms over a bunch of frat boys making a racist chant. At the same time they'll excuse or just ignore the rest of it.

I don't see how the two issues are remotely related. I think it's a petty cop out to try to interject rap music as some sort of contributing factor.

This had nothing to do w/ rap music. It sounds like a fraternity specific song. I can only speculate, but as the origins of this organization stem from T'loser, pre civil war, I'd bet this 'chant ' or what ever pre-dates any rap music. Probably back to the 50s - 60's, when integration was being pushed, if not before.

I could be completely wrong on this, I understand.

I like you... :lmao:

I'm pretty fond of myself as well :Sing:

I feel like we should have a seperate thread so Cole can defend his Kanye position.... dude is garbage. :dunno:

Yeah, that was pretty funny. :laugh:

Funny, I was thinking about responding he "needs to sober-up" before I got to the last line. :laugh:

Oh well, I just hope he's a fun drunk instead of a mean one. ;)

Those who benefit from creating discord and unrest along racial lines, like the current administration , have been playing at this game for a long time.

Few are paying attention. And those who are ? Get called 'racist', right on cue.

It's a matter of emphasis and proportion. I see the Sharpton's of the world as a sideshow.

You and a few others on the other hand seem obsessed with them. They are not that integral to the problem. You have inflated their influence and their significance. You need villains to attack, so you create them.

It's a matter of emphasis and proportion. I see the Sharpton's of the world as a sideshow.

You and a few others on the other hand seem obsessed with them. They are not that integral to the problem. You have inflated their influence and their significance. You need villains to attack, so you create them.

A " sideshow " doesn't get their own show on msnbc, and keep that show , despite dismal ratings and a cartoonish display of even the most basic on-air skills.

A " sideshow " isn't repeatedly welcomed into the White House and has the ear of the President unless they're viewed in high regard by that President.

In a just and sane world, no one would know the where abouts of Sharpton, and folks would have to think back to Tawana Brawley to even remember the last time they had heard of this clown.

Yeah should just let them say it...I wish the una guys would walk down the street to my old neighborhood and say it....then you'd really have some reverse racism to cry about

Funny, I was thinking about responding he "needs to sober-up" before I got to the last line. :laugh:

I'm more or less always content, but when I drink I'm always happy:)

I'm more or less always content, but when I drink I'm always happy:)

Great! :hellyeah:

Some people get mean. Which - since alcohol represses inhibitions - presumably means that's who they really are.

In a just and sane world, no one would know the where abouts of Sharpton, and folks would have to think back to Tawana Brawley to even remember the last time they had heard of this clown.

Then you are the only thing preventing me from living in a sane world because it it weren't for you, I'd never think of them.

Then you are the only thing preventing me from living in a sane world because it it weren't for you, I'd never think of them.

Sharpton has been a mainstay on msnbc. He's been a frequent visitor to Obama's White House. This President and msnbc have given this idiot clout and standing he does not deserve. He's a liar and a con artist, to the highest degree. That you'd otherwise not even be aware of him tells me how oblivious you are to the world in general.

Sharpton has been a mainstay on msnbc. He's been a frequent visitor to Obama's White House. This President and msnbc have given this idiot clout and standing he does not deserve. He's a liar and a con artist, to the highest degree. That you'd otherwise not even aware of him tells me how oblivious you are to the world in general.

Homie knows full well who and what Sharpton is. He just tries to dismiss him because to do otherwise would mean admitting Obama is cut out of the same cloth. That would burst that cocoon he has wrapped himself in.

Sharpton has been a mainstay on msnbc. He's been a frequent visitor to Obama's White House. This President and msnbc have given this idiot clout and standing he does not deserve. He's a liar and a con artist, to the highest degree. That you'd otherwise not even aware of him tells me how oblivious you are to the world in general.

Homie knows full well who and what Sharpton is. He just tries to dismiss him because to do otherwise would mean admitting Obama is cut out of the same cloth. That would burst that cocoon he has wrapped himself in.

Of course I know who he is. My point is that I really don't see or hear much of him.

I don't ever recall him being featured on PBS where is where I get my news. I am sure he has, but it was a long time ago. Perhaps the Twana Brawly thing.

You guys bring him up like's he's the spokesman for all black people. I don't think he is. He's your totem.

al and jesse set themselves up as THE spokesmen for all African Americans......and.......Welcome back!

Archived