University of Oklahoma SAE

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just so we're clear here..

SAE's, who do not represent OU specifically, but are ( were ) allowed to operate on campus, had a private party, and were chanting, to each other inside a bus , a vulgar and offensive cheer.

SAE's get kicked off campus, and 2 students , so far, have been expelled.

Jameis Winston, Heisman trophy winner and QB of the Florida State Seminole FOOTBALL team, while in a PUBLIC setting, gets up on a table and yells out vulgar and offensive words, and ...

Nothing.

Yeah yeah, I know, the two things aren't EXACTLY the same, and therefore can't be treated the same. But when in life do two events mirror each other exactly ??? Almost never.

Point is, ... well, you get the point.

Raptor......exactly and no one has mentioned the two cops killed in NY a couple of months ago by a black guy.

No one has mentioned the increase in alien abductions either.

Raptor......exactly and no one has mentioned the two cops killed in NY a couple of months ago by a black guy.

Kinda forgot about that one, actually. But my comment was more directed towards free speech.

That's not what the whole Fox News thread is about?

Because those 2 cops , who did nothing wrong, what so ever, are dead, and alien abductions have so much in common... huh?

The very real family and friends of those cops have to deal w/ their murder, while big picture trolls here mock their loss w/ asinine comments of alien abductions.

Because those 2 cops , who did nothing wrong, what so ever, are dead, and alien abductions have so much in common... huh?

The very real family and friends of those cops have to deal w/ their murder, while big picture trolls here mock their loss w/ asinine comments of alien abductions.

Stop posturing. I was making fun of you and your little side kick for going completely off topic. You want to discuss the tragic deaths of those police officers then go dig that thread up and make a comment. This thread has nothing to do with it ..... or alien abductions.

As usual the almighty sailor decides what is off topic. If I'm a little sidekick you are a little petty officer.

Common sense decides what's off topic Sancho Panza...

And your super ego tells you that you are the only one who has common sense. Not bad for a petty officer.

Why are you making fun of Petty Officers? NCOs are the backbone of the Military.

And your super ego tells you that you are the only one who has common sense. Not bad for a petty officer.

Why are you making fun of Petty Officers? NCOs are the backbone of the Military.

Amen to that!

autigeremt... I meant no offense to Petty Officers. I sure agree with their value and I personally owe a lot to them. But I didn't capitalize "petty officer" referring to the rank. I was saying he is a petty officer in response to his reference o me as Pancho Sanchez.

Here is petty as I meant it:

https://www.google.c...hts=&gws_rd=ssl

Do you not agree that his posts are often quite "petty" for a Naval officer, even on a message board with fellow Auburn grads/fans?

Do you know his backgroud?

Shows a lack of character, self awareness and responsibility. I'm glad the national chapter shut them down.

I'd bet you that somewhere out there a black frat group has some things related to racism as well. It happens across the "race" spectrum but it is disgusting.

You'd bet that but you'd be wrong

No I'm not! I know black people who have told me so. If you think only white people are racist you need to reassess humanity.

I think you should reassess. Not all racism is necessarily the same. Racism born out of oppression is one thing. Racism born out of a sense of "superiority" is something altogether different. What they do share is hatred of a group and, hatred for ALL who they identify as part of that group.

I've heard others describe it that all of us are guilty of prejudice...we judge people and make assumptions about them because of superficial things like race, class, creed, sex and so on. So more specifically, we all - white, black, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, etc. - are guilty of racial prejudice in our hearts and minds. Racism on the other hand is prejudice combined with power. This understanding is part of why so many of these discussions get heated, especially when you hear a liberal say that "blacks cannot be racist." The average white person hears that and thinks they are saying that black people don't hold prejudicial attitudes about whites or other races. That they don't use words like honky or cracker or wetback or whatever. That they don't stereotype other races. But that is patently untrue. Of course many black people do such things. But what they generally cannot do is combine that prejudice with systemic power. Being 12% of the population, they can't control the levers of business or government or whatever in a sustained or comprehensive way like white people can.

You could make the same argument about 'class-ism." Of course poor people have prejudicial attitudes toward wealthy people, just as wealthy people have prejudice toward poor folks. But poor people do not have economic or political power like the rich do. They can't influence campaigns and politicians with money like the rich can. They don't control the gateways into employment like a rich business owner does. So you could say that while poor people are certainly prejudiced against others outside their economic class, they can't really be "classist" or commit "class-ism." That requires the combination of prejudice and power.

So when this subject starts being discussed by people on opposite sides, a lot of heat gets generated partly because the term "racism" is so loaded. The average white person doesn't think of that term in the academic sense I mention above. It is taken as the same meaning as prejudice. So then we have a situation of two groups really talking past one another because they don't agree on the terms they're using. The words are the same but the meanings are different in significant ways.

Maybe the solution is to allow "racism" to be synonymous with "racial prejudice" and come up with a new term to describe "prejudice combined with social/political/economic power." I don't know.

That's an interesting distinction you make. It makes a lot of sense.

autigeremt... I meant no offense to Petty Officers. I sure agree with their value and I personally owe a lot to them. But I didn't capitalize "petty officer" referring to the rank. I was saying he is a petty officer in response to his reference o me as Pancho Sanchez.

Do you not agree that his posts are often quite "petty" for a Naval officer, even on a message board with fellow Auburn grads/fans?

Just dont ask me for a selfie. That was creepy...

Just so we're clear here..

SAE's, who do not represent OU specifically, but are ( were ) allowed to operate on campus, had a private party, and were chanting, to each other inside a bus , a vulgar and offensive cheer.

SAE's get kicked off campus, and 2 students , so far, have been expelled.

Jameis Winston, Heisman trophy winner and QB of the Florida State Seminole FOOTBALL team, while in a PUBLIC setting, gets up on a table and yells out vulgar and offensive words, and ...

Nothing.

Yeah yeah, I know, the two things aren't EXACTLY the same, and therefore can't be treated the same. But when in life do two events mirror each other exactly ??? Almost never.

Point is, ... well, you get the point.

Yeah, none of the students expelled are 5 star QB's. ;D

But I did see where they had a football recruit bail over this. Considering Pres. Boren's reaction, I am not sure why. This could have happened anywhere IMO.

It's one of the reasons I dropped out of my fraternity. But that was 40 years ago.

Stop digging PT.

It was a really dumb thing to interject into this thread. I sounds like you are making excuses for racist behavior by bringing it up.

I think you may be the only person on planet Earth who I hold no respect for whatsoever.

Back to topic.

Appears the cook will make out nicely this year. SAE has raised 60k for him so far and the University of Oklahoma has offered him a position.

http://www.oudaily.com/news/former-sae-house-cook-offered-job-by-ou/article_b53c1f26-c806-11e4-8286-cfa072acc791.html

Archived