University of Oklahoma SAE

Texan4Auburn

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh so nothing to offer as usual? Gotcha. Me asking you if you disagree and who would do it if you do is weak? Ok. Lol. Btw that was one impressive post you made there....a real game changer.

Be careful Cole. Once the old men are on you, they'll never let up. They are lonely and need attention.

There isn't a poster on this board IMO with less integrity than PT. Couldn't be less worried about him. I argue with raptor constantly but at least he thinks he's right and had a position. PT argues and posts stuff to instigate, then two posts later he's a saint saying something like what a thing to say about a fellow Auburn tiger....posts everyday but says to you, why are you always posting on the site? Everyday throwing insults then posts, you seem angry I'm going to church have you? He won't debate you head up he'll come in on the heels of you debating someone else....this guy is the ultimate troll man.

Oh so nothing to offer as usual? Gotcha. Me asking you if you disagree and who would do it if you do is weak? Ok. Lol. Btw that was one impressive post you made there....a real game changer.

Be careful Cole. Once the old men are on you, they'll never let up. They are lonely and need attention.

There isn't a poster on this board IMO with less integrity than PT. Couldn't be less worried about him. I argue with raptor constantly but at least he thinks he's right and had a position. PT argues and posts stuff to instigate, then two posts later he's a saint saying something like what a thing to say about a fellow Auburn tiger....posts everyday but says to you, why are you always posting on the site? Everyday throwing insults then posts, you seem angry I'm going to church have you? He won't debate you head up he'll come in on the heels of you debating someone else....this guy is the ultimate troll man.

Couldnt agree more.

This incident, and frankly this thread, is one in a long list of reasons that I am starting to believe we are on the slippery slope to undoing decades of progress we have made in this country on race relations. It really makes me sad and also anxious to find ways to get involved at a community level. People need to stop victimizing those in the majority. Look, no one has ever said that there isn't a black person who has said something negative about a white person, but really folks... let's not make excuses where there is none. At the end of the day I am disgusted by some of the comments I have seen here-- I will leave it at that.

It is up to each of us individually to stop injustice when we see it. To call out racism when we see it and to love our neighbor.

This incident, and frankly this thread, is one in a long list of reasons that I am starting to believe we are on the slippery slope to undoing decades of progress we have made in this country on race relations. It really makes me sad and also anxious to find ways to get involved at a community level. People need to stop victimizing those in the majority. Look, no one has ever said that there isn't a black person who has said something negative about a white person, but really folks... let's not make excuses where there is none. At the end of the day I am disgusted by some of the comments I have seen here-- I will leave it at that.

It is up to each of us individually to stop injustice when we see it. To call out racism when we see it and to love our neighbor.

fireworks-web.jpg?cc11b6

channoc....I agree and I regret having participating in it. I just need to put some people on ignore so I don't keep getting sucked into it. I have been a big supporter of the black community in Huntsville, have many dear black friends, have given $10,000 to Alabama A&M, conducted a tutor program for kids, etc., so I get my dander up when someone accuses me of being racist.

channoc....I agree and I regret having participating in it. I just need to put some people on ignore so I don't keep getting sucked into it. I have been a big supporter of the black community in Huntsville, have many dear black friends, and have given $10,000 to Alabama A&M so I get my dander up when someone accuses me of being racist.

It's not easy for me either....and the older I get the more upset I get so maybe I should just continue educating the younger ones and step away from the table on this issue.

Lol. Channoc basically said what I've been saying....You agree. You got sucked in when I posted and YOU quoted me....Lol.

But once again if there was video of Kanye and a tour bus full of rappers yelling kill whitey, that video would definitely be posted here and not ONE of you would've posted hey but look at what these frat guys do.....not one of you

Call BS on that. People on here call out the KKK on a regular basis when they do something.

Look at the Ferguson incident. The first post refers to the entire group as animals and I point out that racism by part of the police and courts occurred and potentially contributed to the hostilities. You know where the racist emails occurred and the police were using the population as a revenue generator while excusing their own tickets.

And honestly, Kayne with a kill whitey video would not be viewed in the same light or as criticized in the same manner if a video of Eric Clapton came out on his tour bus that said kill blackee. Kayne would end up with a pass or a excuse and Clapton would be labeled, shunned, and his legacy destroyed in today's world.

I get what cool is saying. If whites did what Kayne does, and on such a public level, they would be crucified for it. Kayne is celebrated for it, given passes for it, and it furthers his career in a positive manner.

Lol. Channoc basically said what I've been saying....You agree. You got sucked in when I posted and YOU quoted me....Lol.

No...I just had to clear my head. I've been wronged before by a black person because I'm white so I have a little emotion tied to this that I still have to deal with from time to time. Laugh all you want.

No...I just had to clear my head. I've been wronged before by a black person because I'm white so I have a little emotion tied to this that I still have to deal with from time to time. Laugh all you want.

Wasn't talking to you bro. I swear you have no reason to be combative with me. I don't have any problem with you at all

But once again if there was video of Kanye and a tour bus full of rappers yelling kill whitey, that video would definitely be posted here and not ONE of you would've posted hey but look at what these frat guys do.....not one of you

Call BS on that. People on here call out the KKK on a regular basis when they do something.

Look at the Ferguson incident. The first post refers to the entire group as animals and I point out that racism by part of the police and courts occurred and potentially contributed to the hostilities. You know where the racist emails occurred and the police were using the population as a revenue generator while excusing their own tickets.

And honestly, Kayne with a kill whitey video would not be viewed in the same light or as criticized in the same manner if a video of Eric Clapton came out on his tour bus that said kill blackee. Kayne would end up with a pass or a excuse and Clapton would be labeled, shunned, and his legacy destroyed in today's world.

I get what cool is saying. If whites did what Kayne does, and on such a public level, they would be crucified for it. Kayne is celebrated for it, given passes for it, and it furthers his career in a positive manner.

What does Kanye do. Post it. And you all make your points and don't acknowledge mine at all. Start another thread and talk about it then but start talking about Kanye referring to this incident why? Black dude kill somebody how stupid do I look to say white people kill too...yeah that's true but it doesn't change the fact the black dude killed somebody and that's the issue we're addressing right now.

And if you call bs what poster you feel would bring up other things white people have done if kanye was on tape saying he hated white people Oklahoma. You talking about people calling out kkk has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said..

The reality is some races in this country were held back from 100s of years. It's going to take more than a few decades to undo that experience and undo some of the parts of our system that continue to keep us in "two Americas". But I can tell you that while I acknowledge there have been many miles of progress made in this area, I am slowly but surely seeing some of that work being undone by people's willingness to sit on the sidelines when there is injustice and try to paint it as a political issue. Injustice based on race should be an issue that all of us take up, and fight for regardless of our political persuasion or the political persuasion of the person being victimized.

To get back to the thread topic, the fact that we have a busload of college students, and not one person even attempting to stop, disrupt such a cheer bothers me on so many levels, and to even hear rumors (as suggested by DKW upthread) that other fraternities have a similar chant should be bone chilling to any clearheaded rational person.

The reality is some races in this country were held back from 100s of years. It's going to take more than a few decades to undo that experience and undo some of the parts of our system that continue to keep us in "two Americas". But I can tell you that while I acknowledge there have been many miles of progress made in this area, I am slowly but surely seeing some of that work being undone by people's willingness to sit on the sidelines when there is injustice and try to paint it as a political issue. Injustice based on race should be an issue that all of us take up, and fight for regardless of our political persuasion or the political persuasion of the person being victimized.

To get back to the thread topic, the fact that we have a busload of college students, and not one person even attempting to stop, disrupt such a cheer bothers me on so many levels, and to even hear rumors (as suggested by DKW upthread) that other fraternities have a similar chant should be bone chilling to any clearheaded rational person.

Uh oh

channoc....I agree and I regret having participating in it. I just need to put some people on ignore so I don't keep getting sucked into it. I have been a big supporter of the black community in Huntsville, have many dear black friends, have given $10,000 to Alabama A&M, conducted a tutor program for kids, etc., so I get my dander up when someone accuses me of being racist.

I think your experiences in mentoring and tutoring might be a welcome addition to this thread. Look, I really believe that we are all playing into the hands of the real white supremacists out there. Groups like the KKK, etc. want nothing more than these racist undertones to begin being popular again. It's subtle and nuanced, but these folks are driving the divide and some are playing right into their hands. Community work like what you have done-- helps to break down barriers, exactly opposite of what these folks want.

channoc....I agree but would add that IMHO some people who don't say on the sidelines should. No doubt in my mind that people like Sharpton, Jackson, etc.,have done a lot of damage to race relations in recent months. I hear a lot of black leaders and friends saying the same thing so it's not just white people.

Re. my experiences, I have noted that here a long while back and to cole in particular . But as you can see here he only hears what suits him.

channoc....I agree but would add that IMHO some people who don't say on the sidelines should. No doubt in my mind that people like Sharpton, Jackson, etc.,have done a lot of damage to race relations in recent months. I hear a lot of black leaders an friends saying the same thing.

Sure, but again understand that they are a minority opinion in black America. The other thing is, while their motivations may be completely selfish, they are not always wrong. Also, the more we drown out those types of discussions with ones that are real, and productive they will go away naturally. Let's give those guys nothing to talk about!

Wasn't talking to you bro. I swear you have no reason to be combative with me. I don't have any problem with you at all

My bad....these threads start crossing into a state of confusion. :blink:

channoc.....the problem is "those guys" don't need excuses, they create situations because stirring up hate is how they make their money.

channoc.....the problem is "those guys" don't need excuses, they create situations because stirring up hate is how they make their money.

Again, to focus on them is to fall right into the trap.

What does Kanye do. Post it. And you all make your points and don't acknowledge mine at all. Start another thread and talk about it then but start talking about Kanye referring to this incident why? Black dude kill somebody how stupid do I look to say white people kill too...yeah that's true but it doesn't change the fact the black dude killed somebody and that's the issue we're addressing right now.

And if you call bs what poster you feel would bring up other things white people have done if kanye was on tape saying he hated white people Oklahoma. You talking about people calling out kkk has absolutely nothing to do with anything I've said..

What does Kayne do? Well he goes on national TV and says the President hates all black people during a relief fund. If a white person is given a award for music then he states they were not deserving (and interferes with their moment) and the black artist should of won it lol (Taylor Swift, Beck). Do I really need to link those? They are well known incidents and easy to find.

Didn't address your point? You said all the people on this board... so you included me in that comment. To which I told you where in the recent Ferguson thread I pointed out white racist incidents contributing. So I addressed, challenged, and provided location of said evidence to your comment.

I addressed and acknowledged your point a long time ago. I stated I agreed 100% with you that the incident should of been about the two individuals and the fraternity. What you don't want to address is that the other side is just as guilty of piggy backing and playing the blame game to gain momentum. So when I mentioned the OU Unheard student they interviewed, and I mentioned the edited video of the housemom singing to Trinidad I was on topic. So as you said white dudes got caught making racist comments and lost their chapter and got booted from school, how stupid does it look to go out and make false videos and generalization claims about the entire university to piggy back momentum in a attempt to further your cause.

Then you even said earlier that no rap song involved lynching. Public Enemy did when they toured with U2. Lol and then your answer was well all artists make songs of controversy. You did the exact thing you are complaining about. Hey no rap songs involve lynching, yes they do.. Public Enemy tied lynching and killing whites into the Arizona song... well all artists make songs like that.

You made up the Kayne kill whitey video. I addressed by pointing out the way that I believe it would be viewed in my opinion.

And in case you want to ask it yes, I 100% without a doubt believe that Kayne West is a racist.

Like this conversation is so jumbled up and confused it's pointless now. You're micromanaging statements that I was being specific about. But ok, the frat boys are victims and this is kanye's fault. I don't agree with your view at all but I understand you're entitled to it

Archived