2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

If LN comes, someone will leave. I like Woody but he will lose out to JS this year. Sean is a gamer but lacks some arm strength but I expect him to stay around. JF3 will have to move positions or leave to play. LN will Redshirt and and play 2 years after Woody. Woodys 4 years start now with JS taking the first 2. Then Woody for 2 and LN for 1 or 2 being beatin out of the starting role by JG should he come. Sean will be left out of the mix and will most likely leave as a grad transfer IMO.

I don't think Sean leaves. He's got too much Auburn in him IMO. But I would not blame him if he did as a grad transfer.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

So, if you could only have one or the other, which do you pick? Gatewood or NArcisse?

1 does not affect the other right now. Different classes.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

1 does not affect the other at this point. Different classes.

Understand their different classes and different years,BUT i just asked to see which the forum prefers (considering if we get one it may scare off the other or may not, don't know just asking for discussion purposes, E

42 minutes ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Understand their different classes and different years,BUT i just asked to see which the forum prefers (considering if we get one it may scare off the other or may not, don't know just asking for discussion purposes, E

Seems like an open invite for a thread derailment to me. Let's stay focused on LN's recruitment.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Just saying but LN coming to AU isn't a done deal...

+1 .... JMHO, I just don't see this happening... I could be wrong... 

5 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

LN decommitted from AU and now LSU. I wonder what has been the deal killer for him at both places?

Word is that Craig got in his head getting him to flip to LSU... now the lack of OC at LSU is making him nervous and Auburn is playing on that. If Coach O makes the splash hire he promised, LSU could still get him... If he drops the ball on that, however, I think AU lands him.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Word is that Craig got in his head getting him to flip to LSU... now the lack of OC at LSU is making him nervous and Auburn is playing on that. If Coach O makes the splash hire he promised, LSU could still get him... If he drops the ball on that, however, I think AU lands him.

There is more to it than that. Coach O would have to mend some fences..

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There is more to it than that. Coach O would have to mend some fences..

Oh really? I liked Lionhearts post because i was thinking the same as him. Would it have anything to do with Ogeron going after Kiffin and Tua?

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

Oh really? I liked Lionhearts post because i was thinking the same as him. Would it have anything to do with Ogeron going after Kiffin and Tua?

That didn't help but I don't think so.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks, Lion. I was wondering what the deal breaker was with LN committing and decommitting from two schools.:dunno:

3 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Thanks, Lion. I was wondering what the deal breaker was with LN committing and decommitting from two schools.:dunno:

Well he decommitted from AU because of the push to stay home and his relationship with then OC Cam Cameron.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Well he decommitted from AU because of the push to stay home and his relationship with then OC Cam Cameron.

So all of the "Craig in his ear" stuff was just sour grapes from Auburn folks?

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So all of the "Craig in his ear" stuff was just sour grapes from Auburn folks?

I never heard the Craig got in his ear thing from anyone on either side. I'm sure he helped but Cameron and in state pressure got him to flip to LSU. CDC has taken over his recruitment since Cameron was fired and as good as CDC he has not been able to keep LN committed.

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I never heard the Craig got in his ear thing from anyone on either side. I'm sure he helped but Cameron and in state pressure got him to flip to LSU. CDC has taken over his recruitment since Cameron was fired and as good as CDC he has not been able to keep LN committed.

That's was all the talk when he decommitted.  It was all "Craig is negative recruiting Auburn" and "Craig just stole him to get back at Gus".

Here is an article about LN's decommittment from LSU... link

LSU’s week got off to a rough start on the recruiting front Monday morning with four-star QB prospect Lowell Narcisse announcing his decommitment.

On Monday, Narcisse joined ESPN 104.5 Baton Rouge to discuss why he backed off his pledge to the Tigers. In short, it’s because he wants to know who will be his offensive coordinator.

“With LSU, there’s a lot of uncertainty there right now,” he said. “You don’t know who the offensive coordinator is. You don’t know who the quarterbacks coach is going to be, and it’s hard to go there and let someone coach you when you don’t know who that person is going to be.”

Narcisse’s recruitment is complicated by the fact that he wants to enroll in college in January. When asked if he would consider waiting until February, which would give LSU more time to have an offensive coordinator, Narcisse remained firm in his plans to make his decision for January at the Under Armour all-star game, Jan. 1 in Orlando.

Since Cam Cameron’s departure, Narcisse said running backs coach Jabbar Juluke and receivers coach Dameyune Craig have handled his recruitment. They however have been unable to tell him anything about the future coordinator.

“It’s hard to say because you never know who that guy is gonna be and what type of offense he runs and what type of guy he’s like,” Narcisse said. “They can’t really tell me nothing about who the guy is that’s going to be.”

Narcisse said that LSU remains a contender for his commitment, along with Auburn and Memphis.

The 2-minute interview can be heard here.

22 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's was all the talk when he decommitted.  It was all "Craig is negative recruiting Auburn" and "Craig just stole him to get back at Gus".

WDE may have said that I don't remember. Mist AU insiders were not saying that though.

22 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

Could this become an example of Lashlee beating out Craig for a QB recruit? :dunno: Crazy as it sounds, it could happen.

Circumstance have made it tough for CDC to keep LN to LSU. Not a straight up Lashlee win although he may be a better recruiter than some give him credit for.

1 minute ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

ESPN now reporting that LSU has hired Matt Canada as OC from Pitt

Canada's Panthers offense ranked #4 in this years S&P rankings and #14 in the Offensive FEI

LN could definitely pick LSU again but it's not a slam dunk by any means Coach O has a lot of work to do still. And correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Pitt's offense mostly pro style even though a lot was in shotgun? Does not look like the best fit for LN to me.

Archived