2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, ellitor said:

This weekend. It's the last contact weekend before EEs are in school in January.

Any chance we have an "in home" scheduled after his LSU OV?

I would prefer that we are the last ones in his ear before he makes his decision. 

6 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Any chance we have an "in home" scheduled after his LSU OV?

I would prefer that we are the last ones in his ear before he makes his decision. 

Well Gus's in home on Sunday is not going to be while LN is on LSU's campus so I'd say there's a good chance.

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Am I the only one here that is a little worried about going after another QB who looks to be as fragile as Sean White? 

There are definite durability concerns.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I was agreeing with you as I have stated his durability issues countless times. No need to get condascending with me

I'm not sure what a S &C program can do for 2 knees that have been severely injured.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure what a S &C program can do for 2 knees that have been severely injured.

Deshaun Watson came back from an ACL to be a Heisman finalist... 2 years in a row... Jason White won the Heisman with repaired ACLs in both knees... Sam Bradford is playing QB in the NFL after 2 consecutive ACL tears.  I could go on. 

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Deshaun Watson came back from an ACL to be a Heisman finalist... 2 years in a row... Jason White won the Heisman with repaired ACLs in both knees... Sam Bradford is playing QB in the NFL after 2 consecutive ACL tears.  I could go on. 

AU would be rolling the dice with LN. Kid has barely seen the field in 3 years. 

I would think there are more QBs who didn't play again (or significantly anyway) after two ACLs than who won Heismans.  But who knows? Always a risk even with a Pro-style QB. (which shouldn't even be in the conversation).  If Gus even recruited another Pro-style QB he would probably be run out of town.

6 minutes ago, autan said:

I would think there are more QBs who didn't play again (or significantly anyway) after two ACLs than who won Heismans.  But who knows? Always a risk even with a Pro-style QB. (which shouldn't even be in the conversation).  If Gus even recruited another Pro-style QB he would probably be run out of town.

I doubt there are very many who didn't play again.  An ACL is rarely a career ending injury.  There are certainly a lot more who just played and didn't win the Heisman or play in the NFL, but those are some great examples of how even 2 ACLs can be overcome.

fwiw. John Elway and Hines Ward had pretty good careers as very mobile players while completely doing WITHOUT an ACL. Accident prone is a harsh label for any QB IMO - tough sport.

37 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

fwiw. John Elway and Hines Ward had pretty good careers as very mobile players while completely doing WITHOUT an ACL. Accident prone is a harsh label for any QB IMO - tough sport.

I never knew or thought about that being a possibility. After looking it up there are several more. 

Didn't we take Peyton Barber after he didn't play his senior season coming off a knee injury. Or was it his junior year and didn't play much his senior year?

16 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Didn't we take Peyton Barber after he didn't play his senior season coming off a knee injury. Or was it his junior year and didn't play much his senior year?

Blew his knee out his Jr year and missed the entire Sr season.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Blew his knee out his Jr year and missed the entire Sr season.

I thought so. If the coaches are confident in JS signing I have no problem taking a chance on a guy. IF  both were to sign there's no question LN would redshirt.

5 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Also took DeShaun Davis under the exact same circumstances.

For those who wondered if Stidham would have an affect on LN...Keith from a few days ago

Lowell knew AU was recruiting Stidham when he set the visit.

And he currently is in a two-QB class.

No impact.

That was before the other QB decommitted but the theme of the post is still there.

Archived