2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Blew his knee out his Jr year and missed the entire Sr season.

And don't we have three offensive lineman committed with knee injuries? And one from last year?

QB is a different ballgame, imo. although there's no excuse for not hitting receivers though. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the medical technology being at its best, why not give players with bad knees, a knee transplant and give the players a medical redshirt. With a year of physical therapy, the players could become a much better player than when they had their own knees.

I think you meant "replacement" instead of "transplant".  Otherwise, I want Emmitt Smith's knees, if he'll part with them.

8 hours ago, doc4aday said:

With the medical technology being at its best, why not give players with bad knees, a knee transplant and give the players a medical redshirt. With a year of physical therapy, the players could become a much better player than when they had their own knees.

It doesn't work that way.  Although it's remarkable what the surgeons can do.  They recommend that you don't run once you've had a replacement because it reduces the life of the newly replaced knee.    The surgeons also generally don't like to perform this procedure on patients under 50 years of age.  

On 12/6/2016 at 2:17 PM, JMassie11 said:

I thought so. If the coaches are confident in JS signing I have no problem taking a chance on a guy. IF  both were to sign there's no question LN would redshirt.

I like the chance. I hope we land him. Although taking the chance on TQ hasn't paid off so well... 

On 12/6/2016 at 7:49 PM, Mikey said:

Also took DeShaun Davis under the exact same circumstances.

This one turned out pretty well, however had he had issues with both knees? 

26 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I wonder if Stidham committing has Narcisse has made him have a change of heart about choosing Auburn?:dunno:

I wouldn't think so. Sure when knows he needs to get back to a legit 100%. That may take him a year or two. 

Don't beat me down too bad on this, but since JS has committed, and we already have SW and Barrett on campus, and JG committed, does the coaching staff really need to focus on another QB at this time? Or would the focus be better off on linemen, or any other shortage positions? 

1 minute ago, far_away_fan said:

Don't beat me down too bad on this, but since JS has committed, and we already have SW and Barrett on campus, and JG committed, does the coaching staff really need to focus on another QB at this time? Or would the focus be better off on linemen, or any other shortage positions? 

Definitely still have to look down the road.  If JS does what we think he is capable of, he will declare for the NFL Draft after only one year.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I wonder if Stidham committing has Narcisse has made him have a change of heart about choosing Auburn?:dunno:

He was never dead set on choosing AU and JS should not factor. LN was committed in a 2 QB class a long time for LSU.

4 minutes ago, far_away_fan said:

They want 4 able QBs on roster at all times. JF3 could transfer & it's debatable TQ will ever play a meaningful down at AU. That leaves the 3 you mentioned. Can't count on a 2018 kid who is not on roster.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

They want 4 able QBs on roster at all times. JF3 could transfer & it's debatable TQ will ever play a meaningful down at AU. That leaves the 3 you mentioned. Can't count on a 2018 kid who is not on roster.

Why do I keep seeing this posted?Is it his injury or is it talent?

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

Definitely still have to look down the road.  If JS does what we think he is capable of, he will declare for the NFL Draft after only one year.

Okay. let's not set expectations like that before he's even taken a snap. 

It's not even realistic. He wouldn't be jumping to the nfl even if he had stayed at Baylor

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Okay. let's not set expectations like that before he's even taken a snap. 

It's not even realistic. He wouldn't be jumping to the nfl even if he had stayed at Baylor

If he stayed at Baylor he would be playing his 3rd year of college ball next season. Definitely realistic. I don't think he will be 1 and done for AU though FWIW.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he stayed at Baylor he would be playing his 3rd year of college ball next season. Definitely realistic. I don't think he will be 1 and done for AU though FWIW.

Maybe, but he got hurt as well. The kid needs reps. It's a rare for a qb to make the jump these days unless the scouts are slobbering. Although every team needs one it seems.

It's all speculation, and just not in favour of speculation. 

4 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Maybe, but he got hurt as well. The kid needs reps. It's a rare for a qb to make the jump these days unless the scouts are slobbering. Although every team needs one it seems.

It's all speculation, and just not in favour of speculation. 

Yes he got hurt but he still played 10 games. That's good enough to get a season baseline.Regardless, including his year at Baylor I think he plays 3 football season before going pro.

4 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Auburn .. .

FWIW, here is a series of tweets from him:

1. Re-Tweeted Stidham's commitment tweet

Sounds to me like he made his decision a few nights ago, and that things are trending toward AU. 

If we get LN, what does that mean at the QB position? Queen and Franklin out I would think, which I would be alright with. What makes me nervous would be how does WB react to this. Obviously, LN would redshirt as WB did last year. Would WB be ok fighting it out with JS and SW in the spring or would he want to transfer so he could play sooner? Will be interesting to see what happens if indeed we get LN

24 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

If we get LN, what does that mean at the QB position? Queen and Franklin out I would think, which I would be alright with. What makes me nervous would be how does WB react to this. Obviously, LN would redshirt as WB did last year. Would WB be ok fighting it out with JS and SW in the spring or would he want to transfer so he could play sooner? Will be interesting to see what happens if indeed we get LN

Agree with this. Projected depth chart; Stidham, White, Barrett, Narcisse. With Narcisse taking a RS this year. With this depth, Gatewood RS's as well. At a minimum, JF3 moves to WR, but would not surprise me to see him leave. Queen will stay until he graduates but won't receive meaningful snaps. A like the comp at QB i the off season if its between JS/SW/WB, all 3 are gamers and will fight.

Archived