2017 4* QB Lowell Narcisse (LSU recommit 12/19/16)

CameronCrazy

Good news is that both JS and LN are EEs, so both will be on campus early and working. We will have all QBs on depth chart in for Spring, Summer, and Fall training. That's YUGE!

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FASTCOMPANY said:

SW, JS, WB & LN?? How could we NOT be in the playoffs on a consistent basis for at least the next few years??!

And Joey Gatewood hopefully on the way in a year.

1 hour ago, roe4christ said:

If we get LN, what does that mean at the QB position? Queen and Franklin out I would think, which I would be alright with. What makes me nervous would be how does WB react to this. Obviously, LN would redshirt as WB did last year. Would WB be ok fighting it out with JS and SW in the spring or would he want to transfer so he could play sooner? Will be interesting to see what happens if indeed we get LN

I would submit that if a player isn't ok with fighting it out and earning his position over other talented players, it's probably better that he transfer anyways. Competition is good. 

So if LN has decommitted from LSU, and possibly decides to pick AU, and be an EE, then does that seem to indicate that WB may be odd man out? I assume LN is a much higher rated recruit that WB was and is a better DT QB too?

Looking ahead if all this happens, the spring could be a hot bed of rumors for our QBs. With EEs Stidham and LN, and current roster guys SW, TQ, and JF3...it seems quite a few transfers would be occurring...

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So if LN has decommitted from LSU, and possibly decides to pick AU, and be an EE, then does that seem to indicate that WB may be odd man out? I assume LN is a much higher rated recruit that WB was and is a better DT QB too? 

WB's final ranking was higher than LN's current ranking, but I think Narcisse has dropped because of injury. 

If LN comes, someone will leave. I like Woody but he will lose out to JS this year. Sean is a gamer but lacks some arm strength but I expect him to stay around. JF3 will have to move positions or leave to play. LN will Redshirt and and play 2 years after Woody. Woodys 4 years start now with JS taking the first 2. Then Woody for 2 and LN for 1 or 2 being beatin out of the starting role by JG should he come. Sean will be left out of the mix and will most likely leave as a grad transfer IMO.

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

Injury

Thanks,didn't know it was that serious.Is it a possible career ending injury?Only thing I remember seeing was he had the Tommy John surgery and I thought that went well and he would be back.

52 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Looking ahead if all this happens, the spring could be a hot bed of rumors for our QBs. With EEs Stidham and LN, and current roster guys SW, TQ, and JF3...it seems quite a few transfers would be occurring...

Not necessarily. JS could be 2 and done. SW could finish his career at AU as a backup. WB could be starter in his RS Junior season and play 2 years. LN could be starter his RS Junior season, same for JG. That's what typical depth at the position would look like. But he could leave if he feels like he could play somewhere else sooner.

3 hours ago, roe4christ said:

If we get LN, what does that mean at the QB position? Queen and Franklin out I would think, which I would be alright with. What makes me nervous would be how does WB react to this. Obviously, LN would redshirt as WB did last year. Would WB be ok fighting it out with JS and SW in the spring or would he want to transfer so he could play sooner? Will be interesting to see what happens if indeed we get LN

This is a good question. I would hope JF3 sees that he will never lead a top program at QB and accept getting on the field anyway he can...but i dunno... 

I do know this, under no circumstances do I want Woody to transfer. Hopefully we could sell him on hopefully playing his Jr and SR season. 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Woody was higher rated but as someone else said, this is likely due to LNs injuries. 

Now with that being said, who would be the better DT is fully up for debate. However these kids are totally different types of QBs. LN reminds me more of Nick Marshall whereas Woody reminds me more of Cam. I'm not talking about ability. I am talking about play type. LN has more moves and Woody has more power. 

I am not sure which is the better passer though. 

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

So, if you could only have one or the other, which do you pick? Gatewood or NArcisse?

Out of those,  Gatewood. But I'm more concerned about Woody. Jarrett Stidham committing to Auburn and a potential LN commitment worries me about Woody. Under no circumstances do I want to lose him. 

Which do you pick between LN or WB? 

4 hours ago, roe4christ said:

I don't know what Woody will do but he will still need a year of seasoning at least before he is truly ready to compete to be the QB. He is nowhere near a finished product. He spent quite a bit of 2016 out with an ankle injury and the time he was healthy he was a scout team QB.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Isn't LN a December grad? 

Yes but that game is still before January enrollment at every school.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Woody is higher rated overall. LN dropped to a 3* on Rivals because of how much time he missed the past 2 years due to his knee injuries.

I think there will only be 1 transfer from that group before next season.

Archived