Bowers

tomcat

Curious to me the suspension of Bowers has not rated its on tag line....dont want my imagination to run as to why. I am interested as to why on the fourth game of the SEC tournament he was suspended. While I hate to pander in rumors, good, then don't do it. It's against the rules here to post rumors

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Curious to me the suspension of Bowers has not rated its on tag line....dont want my imagination to run as to why. I am interested as to why on the fourth game of the SEC tournament he was suspended. While I hate to pander in rumors, no rumors allowed here anyway...post edited..

Bump.

I read on a Facebook page on Auburn sports that he sold his tournament tickets.

now this makes sense. where did you see that?

Dumb rule. Should be able to do what you want with tickets (as long as your not selling a ticket to a booster for $5000). Selling at face value should be allowed just as anyone else with tickets to any event in the entire world can do.

Dumb rule. Should be able to do what you want with tickets (as long as your not selling a ticket to a booster for $5000). Selling at face value should be allowed just as anyone else with tickets to any event in the entire world can do.

True...but it's been a rule forever....everyone knows it's a rule....not a smart move by Bowers.

True...but it's been a rule forever....everyone knows it's a rule....not a smart move by Bowers.

Certainly one reason why the enforcement team should have a class or workshop with ALL athletes going over the rules of what is and isn't a violation.

He's been suspended one game by Auburn. The only other thing that might be needed is to donate the money he got to charity. If this was all he did, it pales in comparison to what other college players have done selling school property and signing autographs.

Yeah but believe me that these guys have been told the rules and retold. Auburn didn't hire ex NCAA officials and other compliance officers to sit on their thumbs. If true, Bowers made a selfish decision and could potentially put a black eye on the weekend. I know these guys are young but please don't give any reason for the NCAA to rout around. Im confident we don't have anything to hide but come on! This is the first time in a long time to build something significant and we don't need dumb decisions like this.

God Bless Auburn!

It's a Facebook group called Hardcover Auburn Fans.

Bowers and Granger cost their team today. With no players to match up inside with UK, we had less of a chance to push them. No excuse for either one.

Bowers and Granger cost their team today. With no players to match up inside with UK, we had less of a chance to push them. No excuse for either one.

We probably wouldn't have won if we had them.

We probably wouldn't have won if we had them.

Probably not, but you can't do stupid stuff and hang your teammates out like that. Got to be smarter.

Lots of rules need revamping. The way I see it, if these kids need money and they want to sell something, as long as it's not drugs, and they aren't raiding the equipment closet, why not?

Rules are rules We follow these rules no matter what to not distract from our Programs progress. Whether we think they are viable or not does not matter at this point. I know I'm not a teenager anymore and am guilty myself of falling to less temptation. My problem is that we are not acknowledging the seriousness of this issue. We need to proceed cautiously if the Program is truly going to change our culture. We need to look toward how this is handled so future AU Men can learn how to make decisions based on a sound foundation. Don't get me wrong, I believe in second chances (Otis Mounds) but this should never happen at Auburn with the resources we have in our compliance department. These guys have been told what is allowed. Seriously, once you put on Orange and Blue there should never be a question of being shady and that has to be instilled NOW!

God Bless Auburn

"Stupid rule" doesn't matter. It IS a rule that all of our athletes are well aware of. If we'd have played Bowers and won, chances are we'd have had to forfeit the win anyway. Bowers knew better.

He didn't look to remorseful sitting on the bench. That raises a question.......if he was suspended for breaking an NCAA rule, why was he on the bench. I thought suspended meant you sit in the stands if anywhere. Just asking.

He didn't look to remorseful sitting on the bench. That raises a question.......if he was suspended for breaking an NCAA rule, why was he on the bench. I thought suspended meant you sit in the stands if anywhere. Just asking.

Auburn suspended him because of the "potential" of a rules violation, not the NCAA. It was an AU decision and that's why he could sit on the bench.

If that's the case, that's too bad. That is something that happens at every school in every major program. Just a stupid rule that needs to go away.

No its not. The issue here is he apparently sold them for MORE than face value. That rule does NOT need to go away. When are we ever going to hold the players accountable? He knew already what the rule was concerning that.. These kids have it preached to them over and over and over again. He knew better

The only thing he did well in the tourney was give other guys some rest. Unfortunately, that is what we needed him the most for in the 4th game in 4 days. He claimed he was "in a slump" when in reality everyone figured out how to easily defeat him and he wasn't going to bother adapting his game because in his mind he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. He hung his team out to dry (as did Granger). The 2 of them along with Reed need some serious attitude adjustments. IMO there is no room on an AU Bball team for boneheads and they need to straighten up if they want to continue being part of it.

So what happens if he pays the difference in value back? Hypothetically, what happens if he doesn't pay it back?

Auburn suspended him because of the "potential" of a rules violation, not the NCAA. It was an AU decision and that's why he could sit on the bench.

That's the point IMO....self imposed by the coach....got word from someone about the ticket sale and did what had to be done. As opined above, likely did not affect the outcome of the game and some younger players got a chance to see what the real world is like...and got rewarded for their determination. IMO, CB has been a question mark for a good part of the season....but both him and Granger being gone at the same time was an issue....but UK was going to play today no matter who we had available...I'm pretty sure of that.

Archived