2015 Spring Practice - Day 4

RunInRed

Justin Thornton still looks like a wideout.

Maurice Swain and Dontavious Russell look like legit DTs. Who knows if they can play, but they look the part.

• Linebackers coach Lance Thompsonworked with the defensive line in some read drills. Defensive line coach Rodney Garner was there, too, helping out. Thompson was very hands on with the group.
  • Auburn's first team defensive line, from left to right: Raashed Kennion, Montravius Adams, Dontavius Russell and Carl Lawson. Second-team defensive line:Justin Thornton, Maurice Swain,Devaroe Lawrence and Andrew Williams
  • Nick Ruffin and Markell Boston worked at safety and Josh Holsey moved around and worked some nickel.
  • Kamryn Melton and Stephen Roberts worked cornerback.
  • Backup offensive guard Jordan Diamond worked to the side near the end of the period as he continues to battle injury.

http://www.al.com/au..._jason_s_1.html

Interesting that Thompson is working with the D-line. Would assume it's in a support role for the linebackers as far as the whole front 7 working together.

That D-line 2 deep has 6 players rated 4 stars or higher when they signed with Auburn - likely to be 7 of 8 when Cowart comes to campus. Good to see Thornton out there at the end/Buck position same as Kennion. It definitely fits his undersized body like Meta said about Kennion. Really promising to see Russell as a penciled in starter right now (subject to change obviously).

Figured that Ruffin would be a big time player in the secondary. I thought he was gonna be a corner but as physical as he is, he could work out well at safety too. Also interested to see if Melton can actually break into the playing rotation this year for the first time.

Poor Jordan Diamond can't catch a break.

Oh yeah, and Pettway will start barring injury or some other issue. He was recruited to play H-back. I figure he'll be like an Eric Smith 2.0, which is fun remembering Smith's production in 2009 at H-back.

While I didn't see a lot of Jovon Robinson. I saw enough to dispel my fears of his being overweight. It looks like he used winter to get into playing shape.

• Linebackers coach Lance Thompsonworked with the defensive line in some read drills. Defensive line coach Rodney Garner was there, too, helping out. Thompson was very hands on with the group.
  • Auburn's first team defensive line, from left to right: Raashed Kennion, Montravius Adams, Dontavius Russell and Carl Lawson. Second-team defensive line:Justin Thornton, Maurice Swain,Devaroe Lawrence and Andrew Williams
  • Nick Ruffin and Markell Boston worked at safety and Josh Holsey moved around and worked some nickel.
  • Backup offensive guard Jordan Diamond worked to the side near the end of the period as he continues to battle injury.

Interesting that Thompson is working with the D-line. Would assume it's in a support role for the linebackers as far as the whole front 7 working together.

That D-line 2 deep has 6 players rated 4 stars or higher when they signed with Auburn - likely to be 7 of 8 when Cowart comes to campus. Good to see Thornton out there at the end/Buck position same as Kennion. It definitely fits his undersized body like Meta said about Kennion. Really promising to see Russell as a penciled in starter right now (subject to change obviously).

Figured that Ruffin would be a big time player in the secondary. I thought he was gonna be a corner but as physical as he is, he could work out well at safety too. Also interested to see if Melton can actually break into the playing rotation this year for the first time.

Poor Jordan Diamond can't catch a break.

Agreed. With everything.

Melton...wait isn't he a defensive end.

;)

Interesting that Thompson is working with the D-line. :jossun:

Would assume it's in a support role for the linebackers as far as the whole front 7 working together. mmk, but true, it is not outside the realm of possibility that the support role for the LBs could be the real reason we are having someone assist in DL coaching. :gofig:

Psst, Muschamp is doing a WHOLE LOT of LB coaching right now.

wde

While I didn't see a lot of Jovon Robinson. I saw enough to dispel my fears of his being overweight. It looks like he used winter to get into playing shape.

he lost and #27 found it.

he lost and #27 found it.

CC is definitely "cultivating some mass"

I knew a guy at auburn who was in great shape but his body type was that his stomach almost looked distended. I really think it is camera angle or body type.. He seems like a go getter and showin up in January - my guess is he has worked very hard. Guess I could be wrong

Really impressed with Dontavius Russell. He fell off my radar because of the redshirt season. Looking forward to watching him play.

I knew a guy at auburn who was in great shape but his body type was that his stomach almost looked distended. I really think it is camera angle or body type.. He seems like a go getter and showin up in January - my guess is he has worked very hard. Guess I could be wrong

Completely agree. I wouldn't worry too much about CC yall, especially from a couple pictures taken in March.

maybe a camera angle.

Maurice Swain and Dontavious Russell look like legit DTs. Who knows if they can play, but they look the part.

Thornton is up to around 245lbs. Kid has a huge frame.

Thornton is up to around 245lbs. Kid has a huge frame.

Makes my pick look a little better

What

Who put CC on the Mike Davis/Duke Williams workout plan?!

:rimshot:/>

What we're seeing is CC's bulking phase

You're actually right. He got to school and the coaches are packing mass on him as quickly as possible. Can't imagine the calories he's taking in daily. You can tell that he's doing a lot of lifting and not just eating. I just had to throw in the Duke joke.

And to be clear, Duke is absolutely not bulking. He's fatting. There's a difference.

Oh yeah, and Pettway will start barring injury or some other issue. He was recruited to play H-back. I figure he'll be like an Eric Smith 2.0, which is fun remembering Smith's production in 2009 at H-back.

Sure hope so. That role wasn't adequately filled last season. Got spoiled by Prosch steamrolling LBs, and catching wheel routes in '13.

Who put CC on the Mike Davis/Duke Williams workout plan?!

:rimshot:/>

What we're seeing is CC's bulking phase

You're actually right. He got to school and the coaches are packing mass on him as quickly as possible. Can't imagine the calories he's taking in daily. You can tell that he's doing a lot of lifting and not just eating. I just had to throw in the Duke joke.

And to be clear, Duke is absolutely not bulking. He's fatting. There's a difference.

(Smacks forehead)

Archived