Starbucks to encourage baristas to discuss race with customers

cooltigger21

LOL. They stopped the program. Ya think they stopped it because it was a resounding success? Making excuses for a stupid program will never make it a better idea. Besides, Starbucks fancies themselves such a socially conscious company, if it had been even moderately well received, I guarantee you, they'd still be doing it. I get it, you disagree. Thats what makes this country great.

Yes, they stopped it. And I imagine it didn't turn out to be as great as they hoped and it created a logistical nightmare. But that's not the same as "it hurt their business...A LOT."

You know Titan, you have an awfully itchy trigger finger when it comes to calling me out about lying or making s*** up. Seems to have gotten a bit personal with you but since you asked for a link, which you could have found on your own but, preferred to accuse me of making it up as you usually do...here it is

http://www.nytimes.c...-race.html?_r=0

"The initiative, which began last week, was mocked with such vehemence on social media that the company’s senior vice president for global communications deleted his Twitter account because, as he wrote on Medium, he felt “personally attacked in a cascade of negativity.”

I'd say that pretty much makes my point.

I asked for a link, you didn't provide one. You made the assertion, not me. It's not my job to go hunt down supporting articles to back up s*** you say.

I read at least 4 other articles on the matter. The main thing is, it just didn't really work. The conversations they imagined happening didn't really happen and it caused backups with the baristas during busy times when they tried. Your new link doesn't support your contention either. It merely says a Twitter mob got after one of the VPs.

Perhaps if you'd learn to qualify your assertions better, I wouldn't have to call you out.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had there Andy Warhol 15 minutes. Stupid press ploy. Over. Done. Yesterday's "news".......

The Law/Grace/Judging side trail has been split off and merged with our Law Grace Discussion thread. Those who wish to continue discussing Starbucks, feel free to carry on here.

I think the employees are probably relieved they don't have to go try to start a conversation on race. They just want to get through their shift without screwing up and getting yelled at by a customer and/or their boss and then go home or school or wherever.

Star barry....I mean Starbucks..has stopped this nonsense. They had to. People were so confused they were going to NAACP Headquarters to get COFFEE!!!

I swear, we could have a thread about breakfast pastries going on, and somehow, someway, one of you would figure out a way to make a dig at Obama in it.

I swear, we could have a thread about breakfast pastries going on, and somehow, someway, one of you would figure out a way to make a dig at Obama in it.

it is just too darn easy.......

Actually, some of them are way too tortured sounding to have been that easy. :)

Actually, some of them are way too tortured sounding to have been that easy. :)/>

Nope. Piece of cake. : - )

Archived