Providence F Tyler Harris

RunInRed

Really nice pick up. Glad he chose Auburn. Looks like he can really help us and likely even step into the starting rotation eventually.

Great pick up and shows recruits that AU is a respectable school to look at.

I watched his highlights. I realize highlights only show the good things. He is tall and lefthanded (lefthanded is a big advantage). He can run, he plays the passing lanes, very good driving the ball and getting to basket and finishing. He can shoot the three and mid range jumpers, he can rebound and he can protect the rim. Good ball handling skills for a big. Did not see a lot of passing but again a highlight film is trying to show him scoringg.

He is a big pickup as he really addresses Auburns needs. With him Spencer, Bowers and hopefully and improved Reed we will be much bebetter next year inside both offensively and defensively. Bowers can play small forward and will be a matchup nightmare down low when a small forward is forced to cover him.

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

I watched his highlights. I realize highlights only show the good things. He is tall and lefthanded (lefthanded is a big advantage). He can run, he plays the passing lanes, very good driving the ball and getting to basket and finishing. He can shoot the three and mid range jumpers, he can rebound and he can protect the rim. Good ball handling skills for a big. Did not see a lot of passing but again a highlight film is trying to show him scoringg.

He is a big pickup as he really addresses Auburns needs. With him Spencer, Bowers and hopefully and improved Reed we will be much bebetter next year inside both offensively and defensively. Bowers can play small forward and will be a matchup nightmare down low when a small forward is forced to cover him.

War Eagle and welcome to Auburn.

I'm with you all the way until you said playing Bowers at the 3. He's a 4-man exclusively IMO. He doesn't have the lateral quickness, coordination, ball handling skill, or jump shot to play the 3. If we are putting Reed at the 5, Bowers will have to be 4, and Harris would play the 3 (in big lineups) IMO because he can stretch the floor a bit, according to his highlights. That would give a 7 footer and 2 6'8 guys on the court and that in itself would be a huge improvement from last year. I think Harris will split time between the 3 and 4 spots based on who else is in the game.

He could guard a 3. That is probably what's going to make him most important

Perhaps he can help Cinmeon with his coast to coast dribble!! Harris does that pretty well for a guy his size.

What green does for the warriors is what CBP wants CB to do for us. When you have someone who can do it, very hard to defend.

What green does for the warriors is what CBP wants CB to do for us. When you have someone who can do it, very hard to defend.

not a basketball guy ... could you expand on this ...

Green is actually undersized to be a power forward but he's tough. He defends guys bigger than him. Most important he gets rebounds and takes off starting fast breaks. By doing so golden state runs lots of fast breaks where they have an advantage with numbers. Also it leaves the guards Thompson and curry to hurry up and reach their spots before defenses has time to set up and match up with them. Then you also have your traditional big guy coming down trailing the play which leads to a couple of easy buckets. Lastly you have a big opening for your guys to get offensive rebounds because once again people didn't get to match and set up and aren't able to get a body on their man.

Green is actually undersized to be a power forward but he's tough. He defends guys bigger than him. Most important he gets rebounds and takes off starting fast breaks. By doing so golden state runs lots of fast breaks where they have an advantage with numbers. Also it leaves the guards Thompson and curry to hurry up and reach their spots before defenses has time to set up and match up with them. Then you also have your traditional big guy coming down trailing the play which leads to a couple of easy buckets. Lastly you have a big opening for your guys to get offensive rebounds because once again people didn't get to match and set up and aren't able to get a body on their man.

The difference being that when Bowers takes off dribbling to start fast breaks everybody is thinking "Oh sh**".~~~"A man's got to know his limitations." Clint Eastwood in some movie or other.

Right. And CBP being the coach that he is, I would doubT he would even have the thought to let him do it if he didn't see the potential in him to do so. He even tried to explain it before the season because he knew the fans would be complaining, but apparently the risk is greater than the reward.

I don't think CB is anywhere as close to good as Green, but Green wasn't the best ball handler before he was drafted either

Archived