Charleston police officer shoots man in back

cooltigger21

Lol. See Mims. Told you that would do it.

I've posted video's of police taking it to whites, browns, and blacks on here.

If you want to make it about racism then you should go read the comments on the stories about that guy. People justifying his actions of running from the police and endangering others lives just cause of his race.

Race doesn't justify a officer over stepping their power and duties, and race also doesn't justify a person running from them either that is becoming popular.

Funny isn't it though. Mims mentions police executing people, the hot topic in America is police supposedly executing blacks, this thread is about a cop that executed a black, I post a recent event that is actually on topic of this thread and you are the one that goes off on some fluff about white posters on this board and future racism bs.

I'll tell it to you straight Cole. I don't care if you are black, white, yellow, or brown. Male or female. Old or Young. Christian, Muslim, Satan, or atheist. You pull the stunt that guy did, with his background, and ignore the cops directions when stopped. You deserve to get shot. If it was a white guy you wouldn't see me saying the only reason officer Gonzalez shot him is cause Gonzalez is Hispanic and he had his opportunity to take down a white guy.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I wasn't even talking about you. I didn't even read your entire post yet along watch the video but that's hilarious, I don't make any of this about racism, then you post to me saying if I want to make this about racism and go on a spill. You love that soap box I yell ya...

Lol. You white posters. Did any of you notice NOBODY was mentioning race? Especially when we started talking about the proposed bill....But I understand in order to lessen any effect of any future racism you have to become make believe victims that people call you racist everyday....Lol. But yeah keep making it about race because you'll definitely lose the argument on how some police are thinking they are the law as opposed to being policemen

Whites only use what has worked for others and at some point the response follows suit....isn't that the case here, cole? Didn't you once say only whites can be racist (or at the least there was an allusion to such thought)? Racism isn't exclusive to whites and police brutality isn't exclusive to blacks.

Dude you really don't ever have to post that again. And yes I originally said that and I also stated after listening to some feedback I changed that stance. I think I'm the only person on this board they may have listened and done so and not just be set in a way and just argue for the sake of arguing.

But I guess you probably missed that post right? And I don't even know what your first sentence mean, but you can get all off tangent if you want but when you come back fact is NOBODY was talking about race until you came in and did so....

Dude you really don't ever have to post that again. And yes I originally said that and I also stated after listening to some feedback I changed that stance. I think I'm the only person on this board they may have listened and done so and not just be set in a way and just argue for the sake of arguing.

But I guess you probably missed that post right? And I don't even know what your first sentence mean, but you can get all off tangent if you want but when you come back fact is NOBODY was talking about race until you came in and did so....

I did miss that post. Forgive my failure to notice an important moment in this forum. And race has been used to highlight this situation since it happened so forgive the connection.

But I didn't use it. I bring it up when it should be brought up. Do I feel like the cop would have shot a 50 something year old white man running off? Not really but nobody can really say. You guys want to label me as such simply because I'm not afraid to point out unfair stuff. In the grand scheme of things with EVERY SINGLE SITUATION ON EARTH yes you can always point out that this doesn't ALWAYS happen to just so and so. I understand that, what you don't understand is that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And like it or not as far as racism go it's far from a fifty/fifty ratio that you at times try to imply.

It hurts just as much if not more to come in on a horse and blindly shoot down racism in a particular situation with the black people can be racist too stuff as it does for somebody to make EVERY issue about race. Actually read what I say, don't put words in my mouth.

Just as you get upset if you're labeled racist, I do the same with getting the race baiter stuff when I have a view. And just like I have to swallow a pill and own how black people do stupid things you have to the same with what white people do as far as debating on a forum. Or of you don't want to hear it or don't care let's do that and neither have to talk about examples and we can look at the situation itself, I'm fine with that too

Lol. See Mims. Told you that would do it.

I've posted video's of police taking it to whites, browns, and blacks on here.

If you want to make it about racism then you should go read the comments on the stories about that guy. People justifying his actions of running from the police and endangering others lives just cause of his race.

Race doesn't justify a officer over stepping their power and duties, and race also doesn't justify a person running from them either that is becoming popular.

Funny isn't it though. Mims mentions police executing people, the hot topic in America is police supposedly executing blacks, this thread is about a cop that executed a black, I post a recent event that is actually on topic of this thread and you are the one that goes off on some fluff about white posters on this board and future racism bs.

I'll tell it to you straight Cole. I don't care if you are black, white, yellow, or brown. Male or female. Old or Young. Christian, Muslim, Satan, or atheist. You pull the stunt that guy did, with his background, and ignore the cops directions when stopped. You deserve to get shot. If it was a white guy you wouldn't see me saying the only reason officer Gonzalez shot him is cause Gonzalez is Hispanic and he had his opportunity to take down a white guy.

No the story was a policeman executing a civilian. Lol at at what you said though it's about police executing blacks so you wait a week or two for a story to post where the black guy is justified for whatever happens? If you was just posting stories as they happened nationally why did you skip over the story of the black woman tased to death or the black man shot in his back face down in hand cuffs? If we follow a sequential order that is...But once again I was talking policemen and civilians not white cops and blacks, even the videos I posted had some black cops in them. Race started being talked about in some posts before your soap box rant, you must have missed it because you didn't feel the need to chastise them for it, go figure....

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Annnnnd he gets off. I called it, I was blasted for it....But I called it

" Slager said that while he tried to subdue Scott, the driver had grabbed the Taser during a struggle over the device." 

So, there was a struggle, huh? Guess I hadn't heard that part. 

the fight was far from over, noting that Slager faces federal charges as well as a retrial.

So, not " off " , as in walking away scott free, as some might suggest. 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

" Slager said that while he tried to subdue Scott, the driver had grabbed the Taser during a struggle over the device." 

So, there was a struggle, huh? Guess I hadn't heard that part. 

the fight was far from over, noting that Slager faces federal charges as well as a retrial.

So, not " off " , as in walking away scott free, as some might suggest. 

LMAO, of course he said it was a struggle but in typical fashion you believe him right?

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

LMAO, of course he said it was a struggle but in typical fashion you believe him right?

Please correct me here. I didn't follow the trial.  In the video, it shows the suspect / victim , dropping an object ( taser ) as he was running from the officer. The officer shoots the suspect / victim, then picks up the taser, and places it near the body. Is this correct or not ? 

I had heard that the cop planted a gun on / near the suspect / victim , so was this taser in fact the " gun " which some assumed ? 

If indeed the suspect / victim did drop the taser, how did he get it in the first place , if not from some close , direct physical contact w/ the officer ? 

Just asking the questions here. 

* ETA -  

Santana told NBC Nightly News anchor Lester Holt:

They were down on the floor before I started recording. I remember the police had control of the situation. He had control of Scott. And Scott was trying just to get away from the Taser.

So, there was a struggle ? It wasn't merely a case of stop, get out of the car, run away, get shot in the back ? 

1. Don't fight w/ a cop. 

2. Don't shoot a person in the back who poses no threat. 

Cole is right.  This cop got away with murder.

He may not be completely out of the woods, but at least one juror was somehow willing to see that as a justified shooting.  

Like it or not, that implies a lot about our society.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Cole is right.  This cop got away with murder.

He may not be completely out of the woods, but at least one juror was somehow willing to see that as a justified shooting.  

Eh, it was a mistrial. Mistrials happen all the time. There's a lot to say about our society on this topic, there is no doubt, but I don't know what this says. It might just say one juror didn't think the prosecution proved their case. Or, it might say one juror is a racist, but I don't know that it says anything about our society, necessarily. Do we know how many jurors caused the deadlock?

5 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

It was 11-1. Jury nullification of the worst sort. 

More like juror nullification. Seems like an outlier to me. Still a high chance of conviction, even if it should have happened here. 

37 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Eh, it was a mistrial. Mistrials happen all the time. There's a lot to say about our society on this topic, there is no doubt, but I don't know what this says. It might just say one juror didn't think the prosecution proved their case. Or, it might say one juror is a racist, but I don't know that it says anything about our society, necessarily. Do we know how many jurors caused the deadlock?

Actually, what it says is that it is extremely difficult to convict a cop of anything, much less murder. 

Racism undoubtedly played a role, but the bigger issue involves the public's willingness to give the police the benefit of doubt, even when there should be none.  Had Walter Scott been a white man the cop may have still have avoided conviction, but the fact he was black pretty much clinched it.

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Actually, what it says is that it is extremely difficult to convict a cop of anything, much less murder. 

Racism undoubtedly played a role, but the bigger issue involves the public's willingness give the police the benefit of doubt, even if there is none.  Had Walter Scott been a white man the cop may have still gotten off but the fact he was black pretty much clinched it.t's always been hard to convict police officers in this country. 

It's always been difficult to convict police officers of anything in this country. This tells us nothing different. And, Walter Scott isn't "off" by any means. This wasn't a not-guilty verdict. It wasn't jury nullification. It will be retried. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Says a lot about 1 juror

Just now, AURaptor said:

Says a lot about 1 juror

Well, he's right that it's hard to convict police officers. So, it does imply something, and that's the word he used. I just don't think its revealing of anything we didn't already know, which to his credit, he didn't say. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

It was 11-1. Jury nullification of the worst sort. 

Unlike homers take on society (it really says something ONE juror) this is a slam dunk case and needs to be retried.

Unfortunately this is one jurors OJ moment. Hope the former "cop" gets time.

Archived