SCOTUS halts birth control mandate on more groups.

cooltigger21

You do know there is one sure fire way to not get pregnant.. Like that little tramp Sandra fluke that got a whole ruckus started a couple of years ago at Georgetown, she wanted the school to pay for her promiscuity.

Is that you, Rush? :glare:

Hell, I think the government should pay people to use birth control. It would undoubtedly be cheaper in the long run.

I would think everyone who absolutely opposes abortion and who would like to minimize people on the public dole would agree. :dunno:/>

But that's just me.

This.

I've no problem with contraception personally. I know some do. And others have issues with certain methods. They shouldn't be compelled to provide it. If the gov't deems it important enough to have, they can provide it.

That just means that we the people who are paying taxes are the ones paying for it! I am not down with that...let people pay for it themselves...

But when they don't pay for it themselves, they have a child. They can't afford the child, thus we the people pay to raise the child.

We the people paying for birth control is the cheapest and the most ethical option.

Hell, I think the government should pay people to use birth control. It would undoubtedly be cheaper in the long run.

I would think everyone who absolutely opposes abortion and who would like to minimize people on the public dole would agree. :dunno:/>

But that's just me.

This.

I've no problem with contraception personally. I know some do. And others have issues with certain methods. They shouldn't be compelled to provide it. If the gov't deems it important enough to have, they can provide it.

That just means that we the people who are paying taxes are the ones paying for it! I am not down with that...let people pay for it themselves...

But when they don't pay for it themselves, they have a child. They can't afford the child, thus we the people pay to raise the child.

We the people paying for birth control is the cheapest and the most ethical option.

Again my take on it is this...if you feel that way and you support paying for it then there should be a charity set up that pays for birth control for people. Look the govt should do some things for us but there is something called personal responsibility that we don't teach anymore (almost anywhere). We need to get back to that in my opinion. Deadbeat dads are celebrated in some communities (like it is a sport to father many children with different women). They should be paying for those kids and not the rest of us. I didn't get to participate in the fun but I am stuck with the bill? We have gotten away from teaching responsibility in schools, families, etc...just look at the whole thing of everyone getting a participation trophy, extra credit because some parents complain that Little Johnny has this problem or that or some other nonsense...Our school systems are turning out a majority of kids that expect things given to them because they maybe showed up....I shouldn't have to subsidize people suffering the consequences of their actions by having to pay for abortions, condoms, birth control (in all forms) etc...We are at the point where we as a US cannot afford it nor can we afford opening up our borders to all of the illegals in this world. There are times when you have to just say no...and we fically have really passed that point if we want to keep our country strong...unfortunately we are sliding down hill at a pretty good clip because of all of these handouts to everyone with their paw out...and of course our elected officials handing away the farm off of our backs....We could do a lot more with sensible policies but we don't because of all of the money garnered in politics...just look at their wealth prior to taking office and after they get out...sorry for being long winded but it is starting to boil over.

But that's just me.

This.

Well, that's a separate argument...whether to make people pay for it themselves or decide that the gov't will. But for the gov't to say you don't have to pay for it but this third party does is a completely other deal...especially when that runs roughshod over their 1st Amendment rights.

But that's just me.

This.

Again my take on it is this...if you feel that way and you support paying for it then there should be a charity set up that pays for birth control for people. Look the govt should do some things for us but there is something called personal responsibility that we don't teach anymore (almost anywhere). We need to get back to that in my opinion. Deadbeat dads are celebrated in some communities (like it is a sport to father many children with different women). They should be paying for those kids and not the rest of us. I didn't get to participate in the fun but I am stuck with the bill? We have gotten away from teaching responsibility in schools, families, etc...just look at the whole thing of everyone getting a participation trophy, extra credit because some parents complain that Little Johnny has this problem or that or some other nonsense...Our school systems are turning out a majority of kids that expect things given to them because they maybe showed up....I shouldn't have to subsidize people suffering the consequences of their actions by having to pay for abortions, condoms, birth control (in all forms) etc...We are at the point where we as a US cannot afford it nor can we afford opening up our borders to all of the illegals in this world. There are times when you have to just say no...and we fically have really passed that point if we want to keep our country strong...unfortunately we are sliding down hill at a pretty good clip because of all of these handouts to everyone with their paw out...and of course our elected officials handing away the farm off of our backs....We could do a lot more with sensible policies but we don't because of all of the money garnered in politics...just look at their wealth prior to taking office and after they get out...sorry for being long winded but it is starting to boil over.

My vote for "Post of the Day". Well stated. Thanks!!

Glad my wife doesn't work for a Catholic institution. We paid out of pocket for it for 6 months. Costs an arm and a leg without coverage.

They keep saying it's cheap even without drug insurance coverage. Is that generally true but not for all prescription?

It depends on which one you use. Many of them can be had for around $10 a month (oral). Walmart has the following oral contraceptives for $9 for a month's supply and $24 for 90 days ($8/month):

Levonorgestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol

Kurvelo

Norethindrone USP

Enskyce

Jencycla

Pirmella

Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec

Alendronate SOD

Clomiphene

Oh no. Facts !!! : - )

Lets not get facts involved with this. Lets please just scream randomly made up incoherent points that are not part of reality.

I cant count the number of couples i know thaty have adopted children form overseas because there arent enough here to adopt anymore.

The "no one wants these kids" argument is only for those with an aversion to the truth.

As for Birth Control, just because some company doesnt want to pay for after the fact abortion meds doesnt mean that people dont OVERWHELMINGLY support birth control. Birth control, by and large is very very affordable. If you cant afford birth control, how in the hell can you afford an abortion?

But that's just me.

This.

My vote for "Post of the Day". Well stated. Thanks!!

I'll go along with that. It's not republicans vs democrats in Washington anymore. It's Washington vs the rest of the country.

You do know there is one sure fire way to not get pregnant.. Like that little tramp Sandra fluke that got a whole ruckus started a couple of years ago at Georgetown, she wanted the school to pay for her promiscuity.

That right there is all that done needs to be sayed. Women shoudnt be have no sexuall relations less they is wantin children. Birth control pills is for hoers.

But that's just me.

This.

Well, that's a separate argument...whether to make people pay for it themselves or decide that the gov't will. But for the gov't to say you don't have to pay for it but this third party does is a completely other deal...especially when that runs roughshod over their 1st Amendment rights.

To many, free birth control (paid for by your boss) is more important than the 1st amendment and they have the talking points memos to prove it!

Glad my wife doesn't work for a Catholic institution. We paid out of pocket for it for 6 months. Costs an arm and a leg without coverage.

They keep saying it's cheap even without drug insurance coverage. Is that generally true but not for all prescription?

It depends on which one you use. Many of them can be had for around $10 a month (oral). Walmart has the following oral contraceptives for $9 for a month's supply and $24 for 90 days ($8/month):

Kurvelo

Norethindrone USP

Enskyce

Jencycla

Pirmella

Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec

Alendronate SOD

Clomiphene

Lets not get facts involved with this. Lets please just scream randomly made up incoherent points that are not part of reality.

I cant count the number of couples i know thaty have adopted children form overseas because there arent enough here to adopt anymore.

The "no one wants these kids" argument is only for those with an aversion to the truth.

As for Birth Control, just because some company doesnt want to pay for after the fact abortion meds doesnt mean that people dont OVERWHELMINGLY support birth control. Birth control, by and large is very very affordable. If you cant afford birth control, how in the hell can you afford an abortion?

Truth and Facts do not apply. Libs will scream from the roof tops if you dare question the ability to Murder babies at will.......

Kurvelo

Norethindrone USP

Enskyce

Jencycla

Pirmella

Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec

Alendronate SOD

Clomiphene

I believe that truly defines the problem (and where the solution lies) when you consider how expensive and bureaucratic our adoption systems can be. I understand, that is not exactly your point. However, I think we can improve our methods of taking "unwanted" children and putting them in homes where they are very much loved, wanted, and appreciated. I think that is the practical solution. IMO, it certainly seems more practical than throwing money at politicians in order to achieve a political one.

But that's just me.

This.

In other words, screw common sense and practicality, I am standing on principle.

Even if if costs me a lot more and makes the original problem worse.

But that's just me.

This.

In other words, screw common sense and practicality, I am standing on principle.

You're right homer. The hell with personal responsibility. Just go out and have yourself a good ole time and we'll provide the food, the beer and the condoms or the birth control pills. If they're too damn lazy and cheap to go to Wally World and pay 9 dollars a month then I doubt they're even going to bother using it if the government provides it to them for free.

But that's just me.

This.

You're right homer. The hell with personal responsibility. Just go out and have yourself a good ole time and we'll provide the food, the beer and the condoms or the birth control pills. If they're too damn lazy and cheap to go to Wally World and pay 9 dollars a month then I doubt they're even going to bother using it if the government provides it to them for free.

Amen. Force people to be responsible an makem live with the consequinces. When the streets is full of homeless starvin childern they ill figure out what they done wrong and do better.

But that's just me.

This.

So you had rather take care of their babies?

Hell, we ought to have the Post Office deliver birth control and provide free beer to wash it down with.

Archived