SCOTUS halts birth control mandate on more groups.

cooltigger21

The administration has until Monday to brief the court on it's position. Now so far every time they've been challenged over this, they've lost. Anyone else would get the message but not this bunch. http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/239112-high-court-halts-birth-control-mandate-for-more-catholic-groups

The administration has until Monday to brief the court on it's position. Now so far every time they've been challenged over this, they've lost. Anyone else would get the message but not this bunch. http://thehill.com/p...catholic-groups

It's all about the fundamental change of the country.

The administration has until Monday to brief the court on it's position. Now so far every time they've been challenged over this, they've lost. Anyone else would get the message but not this bunch. http://thehill.com/p...catholic-groups

That's what people don't understand. The fact that they think this is something they want to do demonstrates his hostility to traditional institutions of this country.

That's what people don't understand. The fact that they think this is something they want to do demonstrates his hostility to traditional institutions of this country.

Bad enough that the voting public doesn't get it, but worse, the GOP, the establishment / leadership types, are still utterly oblivious to what is going on, even 6 years into Obama's reign.

Hell, I think the government should pay people to use birth control. It would undoubtedly be cheaper in the long run.

I would think everyone who absolutely opposes abortion and who would like to minimize people on the public dole would agree. :dunno:

But that's just me.

Hell, I think the government should pay people to use birth control. It would undoubtedly be cheaper in the long run.

I would think everyone who absolutely opposes abortion and who would like to minimize people on the public dole would agree. :dunno:/>

But that's just me.

This.

If we can't promote a nation of free thinking, personally responsible citizens, who don't always have their hand out to the govt, then really, what the hell is the point ?

I believe that those who are in favor of abortion should put money into a charity that pays for abortions for women instead of making everyone pay for it and for those anti abortion then they should pay money for taking care of the mother/child until it is born (medical, vitamins, nutrition, etc) and then support adoptions through another charity. That way all of this could free up the government from sticking their nose into these things. That way the pro-abortion people would be running the clinics and paying for them. Don't mix gov money in on that deal (aka Planned Parenthood). This will save us all the big headache in this argument. I don't believe that I should have to pay for abortions nor should I have to pay money for more women to have another kid while on welfare. Just my two cents....

88......I agree 100% with you. Why in hell should I pay for Sandra Fluke to have safe sex? Bill Clinton sure didn't give Monica a free condom.

Glad my wife doesn't work for a Catholic institution. We paid out of pocket for it for 6 months. Costs an arm and a leg without coverage.

Glad my wife doesn't work for a Catholic institution. We paid out of pocket for it for 6 months. Costs an arm and a leg without coverage.

That is because our politicians are corrupt along with our laws allowing lobbies to wine, dine & buy our legislators to create laws that are beneficial to them. The same pills that your wife buys costs pennies to make and are actually sold cheaper in other parts of the world. But due to the drug lobby who pay off our congressmen are allowed to charge exorbitant prices for common drugs. Now I am not saying that they shouldn't make money but not at the mark ups that they do.

That is because our politicians are corrupt along with our laws allowing lobbies to wine, dine & buy our legislators to create laws that are beneficial to them. The same pills that your wife buys costs pennies to make and are actually sold cheaper in other parts of the world. But due to the drug lobby who pay off our congressmen are allowed to charge exorbitant prices for common drugs. Now I am not saying that they shouldn't make money but not at the mark ups that they do.

I think it should be available OTC. Good luck pulling that off over here.

I believe that those who are in favor of abortion should put money into a charity that pays for abortions for women instead of making everyone pay for it and for those anti abortion then they should pay money for taking care of the mother/child until it is born (medical, vitamins, nutrition, etc) and then support adoptions through another charity. That way all of this could free up the government from sticking their nose into these things. That way the pro-abortion people would be running the clinics and paying for them. Don't mix gov money in on that deal (aka Planned Parenthood). This will save us all the big headache in this argument. I don't believe that I should have to pay for abortions nor should I have to pay money for more women to have another kid while on welfare. Just my two cents....

This

I would think everyone who absolutely opposes abortion and who would like to minimize people on the public dole would agree. :dunno:/>

But that's just me.

This.

I've no problem with contraception personally. I know some do. And others have issues with certain methods. They shouldn't be compelled to provide it. If the gov't deems it important enough to have, they can provide it.

Good news! We need as many unwanted children as possible. We should ban all forms of birth control other than abstinence. :-\

Because "not forcing religious organizations to pay for it" = "banning it." Got it.

Good news! We need as many unwanted children as possible. We should ban all forms of birth control other than abstinence. :-\/>

We have opened the border to alien children that other countries don't want.

They keep saying it's cheap even without drug insurance coverage. Is that generally true but not for all prescription?

They keep saying it's cheap even without drug insurance coverage. Is that generally true but not for all prescription?

It depends on which one you use. Many of them can be had for around $10 a month (oral). Walmart has the following oral contraceptives for $9 for a month's supply and $24 for 90 days ($8/month):

Levonorgestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol

Kurvelo

Norethindrone USP

Enskyce

Jencycla

Pirmella

Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec

Alendronate SOD

Clomiphene

But that's just me.

This.

I've no problem with contraception personally. I know some do. And others have issues with certain methods. They shouldn't be compelled to provide it. If the gov't deems it important enough to have, they can provide it.

That just means that we the people who are paying taxes are the ones paying for it! I am not down with that...let people pay for it themselves...

Have you not heard? Traditional institutions and morals are SO yesterday...

It depends on which one you use. Many of them can be had for around $10 a month (oral). Walmart has the following oral contraceptives for $9 for a month's supply and $24 for 90 days ($8/month):

Levonorgestrel/Ethinyl Estradiol

Kurvelo

Norethindrone USP

Enskyce

Jencycla

Pirmella

Sprintec

Tri-Sprintec

Alendronate SOD

Clomiphene

Oh no. Facts !!! : - )

You do know there is one sure fire way to not get pregnant.. Like that little tramp Sandra fluke that got a whole ruckus started a couple of years ago at Georgetown, she wanted the school to pay for her promiscuity.

That's a question for my wife. She did most all of the shopping for it.

Luckily she's sitting right here. Her answer is this particular pill, a combination of norethindrone and ethinyl estradiol, did not have the side effects of the others. She tried several before settling on it, and I do recall that the others were unpleasant for her.

My wife worked in home hospice during that time. We were covered, but the deductible was something like $2000 before they would pay for anything. Flipping ripoff. She works for BC/BS AL now and has absolutely awesome coverage. I picked up her first month's supply under this plan and it didn't cost us a dime. Cost was roughly $130 out of pocket. I was expecting to at least pay $50 or so today.

ETA: Its called Generess FE

Archived