Be strategic in rioting

cooltigger21

Like in the other post.... they do need more strategy.

hitting up low/medium income areas isn't gonna change much.

Capture and execute government leaders, execute any other city official caught on sight. Burn all government buildings to the ground.

If you're gonna do it, at least do it right.

Is this what you're recommending? I guarantee you that's the quickest way to put an end to all this BS but the end would be anything but what was desired.

Taking the reasoning and everything out of the equation. Just imagining if something was going on that pissed me off about my country enough to riot, this is the way I would go about.

They are rioting at the wrong people, and in the wrong way is what I'm trying to say.

You guys talk as if the rioters are organized and purposeful. They aren't.

Like someone else has already alluded to, some of them are acting our of mindless rage and frustration, others are deliberately taking advantage of an opportunity to steal.

But that doesn't mean the rage and frustration isn't justified.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear we have people with different agendas around the country. To me this whole issue can be mitigated in a quick and efficient manner, but true leaders need to rise up and take control of the situation and do so in an entirely transparent fashion.

There's no doubt that The BPD (like a lot of departments small and large) have some issues that need addressing. The overaggressive nature of policing has GOT TO STOP!m Without a doubt!

On the flip side, there's no doubt that a group of people (made up of all races but predominately black in this case) who want to take advantage of this situation and use it to fuel acts of violence and chaos. No question.

So, what's the fix? First, the DOJ (yes, I said the current DOJ) needs to step in and get aggressive with the police departments across the country. Use the power of the purse if need be to get their attention.

Secondly, get the Governors and Mayors involved and do it immediately. The President, Congress, and anyone else with the power of their position needs to weigh in as ONE!

Will it happen? I doubt it. A lot of the people I listed above are so corrupt they are fine with watching this from the sidelines. They are protected, so to hell with the rest of us.

Capture and execute government leaders, execute any other city official caught on sight. Burn all government buildings to the ground.

Is this what you're recommending? I guarantee you that's the quickest way to put an end to all this BS but the end would be anything but what was desired.

Taking the reasoning and everything out of the equation. Just imagining if something was going on that pissed me off about my country enough to riot, this is the way I would go about.

They are rioting at the wrong people, and in the wrong way is what I'm trying to say.

You guys talk as if the rioters are organized and purposeful. They aren't.

Like someone else has already alluded to, some of them are acting our of mindless rage and frustration, others are deliberately taking advantage of an opportunity to steal.

But that doesn't mean the rage and frustration isn't justified.

Agreed, but the topic is strategy in rioting.

So I figured I'd post some. If you kill or incarcerate those in power, then the only news getting out will be the rioters or the bystanders, both of which help your cause more than the mayor or police chief speaking out.

There's A LOT going n that pisses me off in a big way right now but I am not even entertaining killing anyone over it. Resorting to primevil violence is not a solution and will never precipitate social justice. Trying to remedy wrongs with other wrongs is a losing proposal

But then, you are not a member of a minority who has experienced ongoing, biased application of physical abuse from the police.

It's been my observation that white people are content to just buy weapons and stock up on ammunition on the basis of fear or anticipation of persecution by the state. Many blacks would say they are currently experiencing it.

Race baiting has been pointed out , by other blacks, since shortly after the civil war. Sharpton & Jessie have made millions off of the baiting industry. It's actually a thing .

Have to do better than that. Racism is really a thing, it's been pointed out and documented. But if I quote a post where someone is questioning whether you're a racist or not and say that of course if you're a conservative you're not racist you'd take offense to that and feel I was directing it at you

Of course racism exists. Last I checked men are flawed and always will be flawed. I think what people get damned tired of is the efforts of many to assert that racism is institutionalized in this culture. You know, the white privilege crowd. In my view that argument falls on deaf ears when you realize we elected a black President not once but twice and that was because of white votes not in spite of not getting them. Aside from that single example there are countless success stories in every corner of the country of black people using the advantages offered them and successfully rising to very high positions in the private sector and the public sector.

Not all black people are going to be successful but neither are all white people. Its what they do with the opportunities they get that matters. It is a fact, however, that black unemployment is about double what it was in previous administrations. The thing about progressive policy proposals, they always talk about taking down the top 1% but they dont really mean it. The disparity in income and opportunity has grown significantly during the Obama presidency.

There's A LOT going n that pisses me off in a big way right now but I am not even entertaining killing anyone over it. Resorting to primevil violence is not a solution and will never precipitate social justice. Trying to remedy wrongs with other wrongs is a losing proposal

But then, you are not a member of a minority who has experienced ongoing, biased application of physical abuse from the police.

It's been my observation that white people are content to just buy weapons and stock up on ammunition on the basis of fear or anticipation of persecution by the state. Many blacks would say they are currently experiencing it.

it is my observation that you think it's a part of protest to destroy and lute in America because you see an injustice against your "people" and the "other" people are just happy and content with what is going on. I hope I'm dead wrong because you seem to be implying that acts of violence justify the actions we are seeing across the country.

And you know what....it may be the only way to get some resolution because I've read and seen so much spilling over from the black community in these cities to tell me that we may be in for some very bad days ahead.

For me there's no justification as to what is transpiring. I guess my white skin tone made me that way???? :dead:

That could be because I obey the law and the frequency of my interacting with law enforcement is kept to a bare minimum. I have not been arrested 20 times and believe it or not that IS something that can be controlled to a significant degree.

it is my observation that you think it's a part of protest to destroy and lute in America because you see an injustice against your "people" and the "other" people are just happy and content with what is going on. I hope I'm dead wrong because you seem to be implying that acts of violence justify the actions we are seeing across the country.

And you know what....it may be the only way to get some resolution because I've read and seen so much spilling over from the black community in these cities to tell me that we may be in for some very bad days ahead.

For me there's no justification as to what is transpiring. I guess my white skin tone made me that way???? :dead:

Relax. You are dead wrong. ;)

Empathizing with people doesn't necessarily mean agreeing with them.

That could be because I obey the law and the frequency of my interacting with law enforcement is kept to a bare minimum. I have not been arrested 20 times and believe it or not that IS something that can be controlled to a significant degree.

Most black people obey the law also. Yet they are still more likely to be stopped for whatever reason. I suspect one would have to be black to fully appreciate that.

I am relaxed, homer...that is why I stated it the way I did. I don't see empathy for looting and violence as a way to stop violence. It only encourages more of it. Now, if there's a unified revolution then I might have some empathy. Maybe that is what they are looking for?

I am relaxed, homer...that is why I stated it the way I did. I don't see empathy for looting and violence as a way to stop violence. It only encourages more of it. Now, if there's a unified revolution then I might have some empathy. Maybe that is what they are looking for?

You mischaracterize my point.

There is a big difference between empathizing with personal rage and frustration and empathizing with the resulting behavior (looting and violence).

Most black people obey the law also. Yet they are still more likely to be stopped for whatever reason. I suspect one would have to be black to fully appreciate that.

Getting stopped is not big deal. ive been stopped quite a few times and "carded" in my life. BTW, Im old enough to be this Gray characters grandfather but when I am stopped I do as the officer asks and provide the info they're asking for and guess what? They say thank you and I leave. Next!

Race baiting has been pointed out , by other blacks, since shortly after the civil war. Sharpton & Jessie have made millions off of the baiting industry. It's actually a thing .

Have to do better than that. Racism is really a thing, it's been pointed out and documented. But if I quote a post where someone is questioning whether you're a racist or not and say that of course if you're a conservative you're not racist you'd take offense to that and feel I was directing it at you

Another straw man argument. No one claimed racism wasn't a real thing.

As for the racial grieviance industry...

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Booker T Washington, 1911.

( I was off by a few years, my bad )

Getting stopped is not big deal. ive been stopped quite a few times and "carded" in my life. BTW, Im old enough to be this Gray characters grandfather but when I am stopped I do as the officer asks and provide the info they're asking for and guess what? They say thank you and I leave. Next!

Certainly not for an old white guy.

Old white guy , middle age Asian guy, young black guy... Sorry, it's only an issue if you choose to run, you're carrying drugs or an illegal firearm , or are already wanted by the law.

Seriously, how are we still talkin about this ?

Not for anyone who obeys the law and simply responds to law ebforcement with a modicum of respect

an old white guy can also make it harder than it has to be.

There is another class of coloured people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs — partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs.

Smh you missed the entire point

You've both missed the point. We are supposed to be discussing strategies to overthrow local government.

You've both missed the point. We are supposed to be discussing strategies to overthrow local government.

Before you overthrow local govt I hope you have an idea of what you;re going to replace it with. Our system even with all its warts is far and away the best in the world.

I made the point I wanted to make. You're ignoring it.

No you're slow. Point is you quoted that to agree with him but every time he says that he's wrong so by cosigning you are too. I used race as an example of a label. It could have been any negative label.

cole, you're reading only what you want to read, and refusing to even try to understand what anyone else is saying.

And I'm no t' cosigning' any damn thing. I'm making my own comments. Please, read them as I post them.

cole, you're reading only what you want to read, and refusing to even try to understand what anyone else is saying.

I really want you to think about this statement and see if it may apply to you...let's say I had said this to you first, what would your reply be?

And I'm no t' cosigning' any damn thing. I'm making my own comments. Please, read them as I post them.

Lol at the edited part of your comment. This was my entire reason of making the example I did earlier to show you how many would take it. Instead you debated my hypothetical example and told me I'm not listening.....

Archived