G.O.P. Has Little New to Say About Baltimore

AUUSN

I'd like to slap some sense into the fool. Too many lazy people trying to talk game, but won't bring their a$$ out here and help. Yeah, I'm kinda pissed about it.

He's a writer. Seems odd that you're raging at him for doing his job. For all you know, he donates half his salary to charity.

Very unlikely. Wanna wager?

I wasn't saying he did, only that you need to consider that your oddball rage may be misplaced. He could be a wonderful human being, for all you know. It's like raging at me for having an opinion on human trafficking because I'm not out there putting a stop to it. Some of us have jobs, lives and families.

It's stupid.

Ben, I have a job, a wife, children, children's activities, etc. Doesn't stop me. If each of us considered time spent on this very forum and sacrificed only a part of that time a difference could certainly be realized in the lives of so many that we "say" we care about.

Oh, ffs. :rolleyes:

"Some" of us here are active in our church, communities and myriad other things.

Your silly little righteous indictination is petty. You don't even know the guy, and here you are calling him a fool and how you're going to slap some sense into him.

uh huh :-\

Yup.

"How dare he have an opinion while there are people out there that need our help!"

sigh

*snip*

sigh

Exactly. That's how I react when interacting with you at least once per month or so. These little tangents are frightfully common from you. :poke:

The Pubbies don't have to say anything about Baltimore. The results of 50 years of liberal rule by Democrats is there for all to see.

The previous 50 years of 'democrat' rule are there for all to see.

lynching-report.jpg?itok=X38fgyTp

What a phony you are! That picture, wherever it was taken, is much older than 50 years. Anybody with enough sense to look at the clothing would know that. But I do understand your game. Every time (which is often) you are made to look a fool you post some cartoon or photograph that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your efforts to distract attention from your mistakes always fail. Anyone with nominal intelligence would try another tactic.

Anybody else want to explain to Mikey? Oh crap, I'll do it. Ok Mikey, you said..The results of 50 years of liberal rule by Democrats is there for all to see.

Then I responded..The previous 50 years of 'democrat' rule are there for all to see.

That takes us back 100 years, so the fool would be? Yes, you mikey.

*snip*

sigh

Exactly. That's how I react when interacting with you at least once per month or so. These little tangents are frightfully common from you. :poke:

What you see as a tangent I see as passion. I am sitting here with two kids right now. You tell me, better yet tell them (they can read thanks to someone who really cared) how the author helped them? How did he help their friends?

What you see as a tangent I see as passion. I am sitting here with two kids right now. You tell me, better yet tell them (they can read thanks to someone who really cared) how the author helped them? How did he help their friends?

I see emotive nonsense. Look, there's no doubt that you do noble work and I respect that, but you have no right to jump the case of random people you know nothing about because they don't measure up to your standards.

Your oddball self-righteousness makes no sense at all in any context.

I've got to drive these kids home. Don't mistake political pandering with caring. Pretty simple message really. Good night.

I've got to drive these kids home. Don't mistake political pandering with caring. Pretty simple message really. Good night.

You're arguing in non-sequiturs now. Good night. Try not to be so judgemental

But I do understand your game. Every time (which is often) you are made to look a fool you post some cartoon or photograph that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your efforts to distract attention from your mistakes always fail. Anyone with nominal intelligence would try another tactic.

Hey Mikey, how about another cartoon?

look-at-him-and-laugh.jpg

But I do understand your game. Every time (which is often) you are made to look a fool you post some cartoon or photograph that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your efforts to distract attention from your mistakes always fail. Anyone with nominal intelligence would try another tactic.

Hey Mikey, how about another cartoon?

DC79B730-4E7A-4231-9CBE-BFCAECF5215F_zpsfjdek3me.jpg

FTFY

I'm out of the loop. Do you mind filling me in on what it is you do?

Thanks

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. What could they say that wasn't spun into racist remarks or viewed as pandering? Not sure if there's much to say on their side.

One man's pandering is another's bold attempt to broaden the base. Very much in the eye of the beholder, and the stakes are too high to rest on tired, safe platitudes, or worse, remain silent.

And it's not pandering if you actually believe what you say.

I don't know the author. He was merely a pawn. I use this as an opportunity to spark debate and hopefully allow some to see the problems in our inner cities. We literally have thousands that speak and write of the problems as they know them. Most knowledge comes from people just like them. I see a lot of talk, not much action. How nice would it be for them to write or speak to hope and opportunity in these communities?

The kids in these communities need role models. Successful role models that care and lead them to making proper choices. There are many obstacles for these kids, but they do have choices and they do have a chance. They need to be made aware of those possibilities. Many simply believe they are destined for failure as they witness it daily. Somebody has to make them aware of opportunity. More people offering hope is needed badly.

I'm out of the loop. Do you mind filling me in on what it is you do?

Thanks

Frankly, this isn't about me. I'm merely a passionate messenger trying to preach hope and opportunity.

The Pubbies don't have to say anything about Baltimore. The results of 50 years of liberal rule by Democrats is there for all to see.

The previous 50 years of 'democrat' rule are there for all to see.

lynching-report.jpg?itok=X38fgyTp

What a phony you are! That picture, wherever it was taken, is much older than 50 years. Anybody with enough sense to look at the clothing would know that. But I do understand your game. Every time (which is often) you are made to look a fool you post some cartoon or photograph that has nothing to do with the subject at hand. Your efforts to distract attention from your mistakes always fail. Anyone with nominal intelligence would try another tactic.

Every day.......

I dont blame republicans for letting Baltimore do all the talking for liberal policies. its there for all to see and seems to me not much else needs to be said except possibly point out that Baltimore's last republican mayor was in 1967. Baltimore's problems are all on the left who is always damned sure of their policy proposals but rarely, if ever, have a legitimate success story they can point to as supporting proof that their policies do work. The reason they dont is because they still think these problems can be bought off.

After 50 years of throwing money at poverty,sadly, poverty is more widespread now than it was when The Great Society legislation was passed to eradicate it. We have greater unemployment, lower labor force participation, more food stamp recipients, more welfare recipients and a near disintegration of black families. The illegitmate birth rate among non-hispanic blacks is at 72.2% nationally. The unemployment rate among young black men in Baltimore is a whopping 37%

http://www.nationalr...ths-roger-clegg

http://money.cnn.com...timore-economy/

Locking up and convicting these police officers wont even approach fixing Baltimore's problems. Baltimore has 35, 000 abandoned buildings. I understand now why the photographer with The Daily Mail said over the weekend that Baltimore looked like Iraq. Not much needs to be added to that!

It's going to be worse because the clowns that screwed it up are still there and will be. Businesses are going to think long and hard about making that investment there.

It's going to be worse because the clowns that screwed it up are still there and will be. Businesses are going to think long and hard about making that investment there.

I agree. I definitely see it getting worse....much worse.

I dont blame republicans for letting Baltimore do all the talking for liberal policies. its there for all to see and seems to me not much else needs to be said except possibly point out that Baltimore's last republican mayor was in 1967. Baltimore's problems are all on the left who is always damned sure of their policy proposals but rarely, if ever, have a legitimate success story they can point to as supporting proof that their policies do work. The reason they dont is because they still think these problems can be bought off.

After 50 years of throwing money at poverty,sadly, poverty is more widespread now than it was when The Great Society legislation was passed to eradicate it. We have greater unemployment, lower labor force participation, more food stamp recipients, more welfare recipients and a near disintegration of black families. The illegitmate birth rate among non-hispanic blacks is at 72.2% nationally. The unemployment rate among young black men in Baltimore is a whopping 37%

Locking up and convicting these police officers wont even approach fixing Baltimore's problems. Baltimore has 35, 000 abandoned buildings. I understand now why the photographer with The Daily Mail said over the weekend that Baltimore looked like Iraq. Not much needs to be added to that!

This is at best a of distortion of the truth, at worst a lie. Yes, there are more people in poverty. However, as a percentage of the total population, we have a much lower percentage of people living in poverty.

This is at best of distortion of the truth, at worst a lie. Yes, there are more people in poverty. However, as a percentage of the total population, we have a much lower percentage of people living in poverty.

Im sorry but, once again, you're mistaken. Seems if you're going to make that claim you would at least look it up. Currently poverty level is at 14.5%. In 1967 it was at 10.5%. Calling people liars seems to be the go to strategy when uncomfortable facts are posted

http://www.huffingto..._n_5828974.html

https://www.census.g...ions/p60-55.pdf

So, considering the population has grown for 50 million to over 300 million, poverty is up from 5.5 million people to roughly 45 million, an increase of 8 fold. Anyway you slice it, the Great Society legislation has not worked

I don't know the author. He was merely a pawn. I use this as an opportunity to spark debate and hopefully allow some to see the problems in our inner cities. We literally have thousands that speak and write of the problems as they know them. Most knowledge comes from people just like them. I see a lot of talk, not much action. How nice would it be for them to write or speak to hope and opportunity in these communities?

The kids in these communities need role models. Successful role models that care and lead them to making proper choices. There are many obstacles for these kids, but they do have choices and they do have a chance. They need to be made aware of those possibilities. Many simply believe they are destined for failure as they witness it daily. Somebody has to make them aware of opportunity. More people offering hope is needed badly.

A pawn that you called a "fool" and said you would "slap some sense into."

If you're trying to spark a debate, which is a fair one, there are far better ways to go about it.

This is at best of distortion of the truth, at worst a lie. Yes, there are more people in poverty. However, as a percentage of the total population, we have a much lower percentage of people living in poverty.

Im sorry but, once again, you're mistaken. Seems if you're going to make that claim you would at least look it up. Currently poverty level is at 14.5%. In 1967 it was at 10.5%. Calling people liars seems to be the go to strategy when uncomfortable facts are posted

http://www.huffingto..._n_5828974.html

https://www.census.g...ions/p60-55.pdf

So, considering the population has grown for 50 million to over 300 million, poverty is up from 5.5 million people to roughly 45 million, an increase of 8 fold. Anyway you slice it, the Great Society legislation has not worked

While I understand why you may believe you are correct, you are still wrong. You can not simply look at the census data. You have to be able to make a real comparison based on ALL of the facts and methods that go into the published data.

There are many benefits to the poor that are not used to determine the poverty rate. These programs did not exist before the 1960s. When you take these programs into account, the poor are much better off. These programs are particularly effective in raising the standard of living for the very old and, the very young.

If you're trying to spark a debate, which is a fair one, there are far better ways to go about it.

Fair enough. Caught me at a week moment.

Fair enough. Caught me at a week moment.

:grouphug:

Archived