from what i can tell, petrino had better hope

tombigbeetiger

that he get gets the corndog job because he is quickly becoming "persona non gtata" at louisville.....the cardinal fans are becoming disillusioned with him and his interest in other jobs....i don't blame him,but i can understand how they feel...i also, am starting to wonder about his integrity......

He needs to either leave or stop jumping at every job that is thrown to him. LSU may be a good fit for him.

While Louisville is a good job, it is not a major football school. I would think any coach would leave Louisville for LSU. Petrino's predecessor left for the Michigan State job and I would consider the LSU job much more attractive than Michigan State.

After the 1993 season when Auburn went 11 - 0 and Louisville was starting another coach search, I heard Louisville fans claim on ESPN radio that Terry Bowden would be the next Louisville coach. :blink::blink::blink:

I couldn't imagine TB leaving AU for Louisville at that time, even though Bill Curry had only three years earlier left Bama for Kentucky. :)

Petrino has everything set up at Louisville. He has excellent position players and UL is moving to the big east next year which Louisville can easily win, which means a BCS berth. I don't really think he has anything to gain but money.

...i also, am starting to wonder about his integrity......

134387[/snapback]

Just starting? Does "Petrinogate" ring a bell?

He may be a fine individual, and I wouldn't want to falsely label (or libel) him. But the knife he tried to help put in CTT's back last year should have raised everyone's suspicions way back then.

If he ends up at LSU, that rivalry might become even more bitter than it already is...

i overlooked the jetgate because i think that he didn't really realize what was at stake....i don't know this,i'm only guessing and giving him the benfit of the doubt considering who was dealing with.....there is no telling what the merry band of thieves told the man before the visit....i never held that against him,although i might should have,looking at the last couple of days

Archived