Big Cat Weekend (May 30th) thread

ellitor

It has now been confirmed by Auburn sources that instate 5*'s Davis, Davidson, and Mack plan to go to LSU this weekend instead of BCW. My mind is blown on how our staff let this happen...

It's not something the staff can "let happen" or not. Recruiting is sales and the best car salesman in the world can't stop a potential buyer from going to check out a competing make and model.

I don't like it, I'd prefer that every one of them was in love with AU, committed last year and will never take another visit. That's not real life.

Big Cat Weekend is nationally recognized as Auburn biggest recruiting weekend. These kids in the state have heard about this for years. This should be something that in-state kids (if they are at ALL interested in Auburn) look forward to & plan for every year. It should be a HUGE event. To not get the 3 biggest recruits in the state to come to this event is incredibly alarming. What's even more alarming is when Auburn fans blow this off. This should be our Friday Night Lights. This should be a Who's Who of recruiting weekends. I would somewhat understand if Alabama had something planned the same weekend, but LSU?!?

I seem to remember us having a weekend not called Big Cat Weekend a long time after. This was in the last cycle where we had plenty of high profile guys come to Auburn on some random weekend. Byron Cowart was there along with a plethora of other guys. Big Cat Weekend is a big deal of course but that doesn't mean we can't have another weekend where top talent comes in. I believe we have a very good chance with Davis.

That wasn't some random weekend. That was a weekend about three weeks before NSD and all were on an OV. The coaches really rolled out the red carpet for that one particular visit. Also, I would be shocked if we pulled in Davis. He is a bammer legacy and all signs are pointing to Bama.

Thanks for the correction man! There's a good chance of Davis coming to Auburn. You can believe what you want. But that's what I've heard.

I'm sure you have great info!!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, BCW is a total bust, right? Can we all start crying? Time to fire Gus and Boom?

:hanged:

I'm hoping no sarcasm indicator is needed.

Lswho, ugaw, and uat are our biggest thorns in recruiting. I see nothing happening with the turds, but a bad season by either lswho or ugaw or both is entirely possible. I know that we don't like to think that our coaches would negatively recruit against those schools if there is any inkling that the masses and ptb's are not happy with the coaching staffs, but reality is reality. If either school or both has a bad year, the fan base is going to be upset and how far that leads we can only guess. With all that being said, AU may not be in that bad a spot come December.

agreed. But let's try to keep the IF so and so has a bad season out of bounds because we all know how that goes

Just trying to douse the "Debbie-downers" here. Still a long time to go till nsd and a lot of things can happen.

Lswho, ugaw, and uat are our biggest thorns in recruiting. I see nothing happening with the turds, but a bad season by either lswho or ugaw or both is entirely possible. I know that we don't like to think that our coaches would negatively recruit against those schools if there is any inkling that the masses and ptb's are not happy with the coaching staffs, but reality is reality. If either school or both has a bad year, the fan base is going to be upset and how far that leads we can only guess. With all that being said, AU may not be in that bad a spot come December.

agreed. But let's try to keep the IF so and so has a bad season out of bounds because we all know how that goes

Typocally you're correct but Florida going down again last year worked out great for us. With that said, I wouldn't count on the same thing happening at LSU.

Typocally you're correct but Florida going down again last year worked out great for us. With that said, I wouldn't count on the same thing happening at LSU.

maybe it will happen to bama.

Ahh crap

maybe it will happen to bama.

Ahh crap

It will happen.....one year haha.

Changing coaches may have a bearing on some recruits, but some disappointing seasons certainly won't. Look at bammer through the Shula years...Look at UGA any of several recent years. They continued to recruit as well as always. Either or both of them could go 5-7 and the effect on their '16 class would be negligible.

We need to do a good job at AU and forget what does or doesn't happen elsewhere. Barring a wholesale change in coaching staffs we need not look at others for help, it won't be coming.

Take this with a grain of salt (since the article comes from Bleacher Report), but the latest article says that Julian Rochester will be in attendance at BCW. Please, don't dog me for citing to a bleacher report article - I know how bad they are. It was simply worthy of a mention - nothing else.

Added Marlon Davidson as a maybe. Overnight visits for Nate Craig, Mecole Hardman, Derrick Brown, Tre Lamar. Garett Bolles will be on a OV from May 29-May 31. Added 2017 5* DE Malik Herring per David Marshall & 3* LB Donta Evans. OP

Link

Davis & Wilson definitely heading to LSU.

Supposedly, Marlon might not go.

We might not know if he'll end up at Auburn this weekend until Friday and Saturday.

Let you know if I hear anything more.

David ??arshall

?@dee_hooper35

Me and bro going to be in Auburn Saturday @HerringMalik ???? #WarEagle

Hearing good things about Bolles

ditto.

e I had no idea...............

:bigblush::timeout: :timeout:

lol

I'm a little late to the party but just for fun, I pulled up Elijah Holyfield and 247 has him 100% CB to Auburn.

Any talk about that?

I'm a little late to the party but just for fun, I pulled up Elijah Holyfield and 247 has him 100% CB to Auburn.

Any talk about that?

Someone just asked a question on the AUF Big Cat Weekend thread. Does that count?

:poke:

For a while it looked like he was really leaning our way. I think he still is. But we need to be a bit worried if UGA starts to make him a priority. Personally, I hope he goes ahead and pulls the trigger for the good guys very soon.

Any talk about that?

No. Crystal ball picks mean nothing other than from the reporters of the teams heavily in the mix for a recruit. Britt is spot on. I will only add that at the moment EH is planning to commit in the Fall.

ditto.

Maybe taken off on Davidson

What does that mean?

ditto.

What does that mean?

It means he was listed this way: 5* DE Marlon Davidson (maybe)

Now he is listed this way: 5* DE Marlon Davidson

Added 4* #1 Juco CB JaMarcus King per Scout & AUC.

ditto.

What does that mean?

Added 4* #1 Juco CB JaMarcus King per Scout & AUC. http://www.aufamily....d/#entry2264063

I still don't understand why Bolles has anything to do Davidson lol.

ditto.

What does that mean?

Added 4* #1 Juco CB JaMarcus King per Scout & AUC. http://www.aufamily....d/#entry2264063

He doesn't silly guy. Read the post again. I skipped a line to show a change of subject. I did that so I would not have to make a seperate post. I'm trying to slow down on making new posts if I had just made the most recent immediate post. No such luck. I've had to make 2 more posts so far.

ditto.

What does that mean?

He doesn't silly guy. Read the post again. I skipped a line to show a change of subject. I did that so I would not have to make a seperate post. I'm trying to slow down on making new posts if I had just made the most recent immediate post. No such luck. I've had to make 2 more posts so far.

Lol. Even the "maybe taken off on Davidson" was too vague for me. As far as the line breaks, I guess I am about as slow as you are. Unless your sarcasm detector was fine-tuned during your 4-5 month hiatus. :cheers:

ditto.

What does that mean?

Lol. Even the "maybe taken off on Davidson" was too vague for me. As far as the line breaks, I guess I am about as slow as you are. Unless your sarcasm detector was fine-tuned during your 4-5 month hiatus. :cheers:

Both of you are numnuts

Adding

3* QB/ATH Jay Jones

4* WR Sam Bruce (maybe)

4* WR Devin Duvernay

4* WR Kyle Davis

4* WR Nico Collins (2017)

4* OT Clark Yarbrough (maybe)

4* LB Daniel Bituli

3* LB Elysee Mbem-Bosse

5* LB Markail Benton (2017)

4* LB Will Ignont (2017)