Big Cat Weekend (May 30th) thread

ellitor

Kyle Davis, nations #1 reciever staying the night.

So KD is listed better than Craig?

Composite, no, on 247 only, yes, Kdavis is the #1 receiver in the country. Craig is composite best reciever in the country. But Kyle Davis is a monster.

Which would mean rankings wise right now Craig is #1 since the composite is a balance of the 4 sites. 247 only rankings is the only one where KD is currently #1.

just the thought of getting both makes my brain explode. I'll take one though.

War Eagle Coach Craig..... War eagle

This^^

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marlon Davidson quote ...

“You know, when I was younger, this was my dream school — just a favorite place for me to be at,” Davidson said. “And with my brother being here, it just really excited me to come here and know I have a home here.”

Composite, no, on 247 only, yes, Kdavis is the #1 receiver in the country. Craig is composite best reciever in the country. But Kyle Davis is a monster.

Kyle Davis is #1 on ESPN as well.

Kyle Davis is #1 on ESPN as well.

I usually try to stray away from ESPN, but yes true.

This guy is not at BCW nor is he high on our list of CBs but I want him on our team when they start building brick walls on football fields.

http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/watch-cb-recruit-nigel-knott-flips-off-wall-catches-ball-defies-gravity

Is it just me or do these high School kids get bigger every year? Geez!

Na. Boom's just recruiting the bigger ones more than we did in the past.

3* LB Donta Evans

...got a few coaches with the video selfie prank, which I didn't know was a thing until I read this:

Donta Evans is a consensus 3-star linebacker from Lawrenceville, GA who has offers from the likes of Louisville, Missouri, Iowa. He also has offers from Vanderbilt and Wake Forest, so he’s a smart guy, right? Well, pranking the head coach and your potential defensive coordinator with the classic “let’s get a selfie, but really it’s a video” joke doesn’t seem that smart.

Totally hilarious, though.

http://www.warblogle.com/2015/05/30/football/recruit-gets-malzahn-and-muschamp-with-video-selfie-prank-at-big-cat-weekend/

I like it when the recruits are having this much fun on campus. Also, FWIW he calls CLT "one of the coolest coaches I know".

Is it just me or do these high School kids get bigger every year? Geez!

Na. Boom's just recruiting the bigger ones more than we did in the past.

:)

Nugget from JC Shurburrt:

Auburn just completed its annual “Big Cat Weekend”, which is essentially a multi-day elite junior day where top prospects take an extended unofficial visit to campus. Summer recruiting events such as this rarely yield a bevy of verbal commitments (they used to, but in today’s climate, top prospects and their parents/advisors tend to want to mandate their own public decision event), but the Tigers did get two. That’s not to say this events aren’t of high value. On the contrary. These events lay significant groundwork and can essentially put a program in the driver’s seat for months and ultimately yield what I call an “unconscious commitment” from a top prospect. That’s when he knows he’s coming to a school, but doesn’t really tell anyone or even admit it to himself. Auburn is one of the best programs in the country at utilizing this type of event to do just that.

It's after his June power rankings for 2015, which have Auburn #1.

;D

image.jpg

I can't stop thinking about how I could totally smoke these guys in cornhole. I can't stop thinking about it because it's probably the only thing I could ever beat them at.

image.jpg

I can't stop thinking about how I could totally smoke these guys in cornhole. I can't stop thinking about it because it's probably the only thing I could ever beat them at.

That is funny considering I was thinking how embarrassed I am that Auburn could not spend a little more money to get a better cornhole set! At least get regulation boards!!! :Sing:

image.jpg

That is funny considering I was thinking how embarrassed I am that Auburn could not spend a little more money to get a better cornhole set! At least get regulation boards!!! :Sing:

LOL excellent point

image.jpg

Is that because you're old enough to drink?

I thought I was pretty good until recently, when I watched a few minutes of the finals of a corn hole tournament at a BBQ festival in Huntsville. These guys were making two out of three in the hole, like clockwork. Blew my mind. Not sure if you are on that level McLoofus, but if you are, you are a man not to be quarreled with.

Now bocci ball on the beach, that's more of my specialty.

image.jpg

Is that because you're old enough to drink?

Well, now that you mention it...

I thought I was pretty good until recently, when I watched a few minutes of the finals of a corn hole tournament at a BBQ festival in Huntsville. These guys were making two out of three in the hole, like clockwork. Blew my mind. Not sure if you are on that level McLoofus, but if you are, you are a man not to be quarreled with.

I would say that my best game is those guys' regular game. I hit 8 consecutive bags in a tournament awhile back, that was probably my best day. My wife and I crushed a couple younger dudes at a beer festival the other day. I'm sure some day I'll roll up all cocky on some Iowa farm boys and go home a severely humbled man, but I've at least been able to hang with everybody I've met so far.

Now bocci ball on the beach, that's more of my specialty.

My enthusiasm for bocci far exceeds my aptitude. I would gladly accept the beating I'm confident you'd deliver.

Archived