LSU Coach?

Oysterman

LSU fans place high demands on a coach because they expect excellence and will accept nothing less. USC fans clearly will put up with anything, and though the poor misguided idiots want to win more than anything in the world, they're conditioned to losing.

By going to SC, Spurrier has an opportunity to do something that no one - NO ONE - has ever been able to accomplish ... finally making them a good, consistent team. That is a huge challenge, and I believe it was one of Spurrier's main motivations.

On the other hand, if he loses, he can say "Well, shoot ... we tried to do it ... nobody else ever has been able to ...it's not us ... I guess it's just this dang old school ... not our fault ... must be them."

At LSU, he doesn't have that escape clause. Sure he'd have made more money at LSU, and he'd DAMN sure have a better chance of winning big quickly, but if he failed, he didn't have 100+ years of institutional mediocrity to fall back on as an excuse.

Just my two cents, but I'm pretty sure it was a big factor. Hell, he could have gone to a GOOD school anytime over the last couple of years. He picked USC BECAUSE they suck. It is a crazy world.

I think LSU needs to hire Mike Price. I think he would be right at home there and could go to NO every weekend

he's right across the river from juarez, mx now. juarez makes new orleans look like a sunday school camp. i bet UTEP never gives him the company card

I think LSU needs to hire Mike Price.  I think he would be right at home there and could go to NO every weekend. :D

134631[/snapback]

Conversely, Spurrior would be a terrible fit...it's hard to put world-class golf courses in bayou country! :D

Archived