ESPN College Football Final - New Lineup

RunInRed

ESPN will have a trio of new faces on its popular postgame college football studio show this season, according to several sources.

The network has settled on Adnan Virk to host the show, with Joey Galloway and Danny Kanell providing analysis. The three also will appear in-studio during halftime and after games. They will be featured on both ABC and ESPN.

Virk, Galloway and Kanell replace Rece Davis, Lou Holtz and Mark May, who had been with “College Football Final” since 2005.

Davis, who hosted “College Football Final” since 1999, is moving over to host ESPN’s popular college football pregame show, “College GameDay.” May, who has been with the show since 2001, is moving to another college-focused studio show with host John Saunders and former Texas coach Mack Brown. Holtz retired in April.

The moves are significant for ESPN, which has invested heavily in college football. ESPN pays the College Football Playoff $470 million per year for the rights to three CFP playoff games and four additional bowls.

The 36-year-old Virk has hosted shows such as “Baseball Tonight” and “Olbermann.” Galloway has been with ESPN as a college football analyst since 2012, and Kanell has done some Friday night college football games for the network.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2015/06/01/Media/ESPN-college-football.aspx

The show just went from bad to worse. Adnan Virk will be the only tolerable part of the show. Danny Kanell and Joey Galloway will get to vent their anti-SEC views every Saturday night/Sunday morning during football season.

I can't wait to see their weekly mock rankings that have an SEC team #5 or #6 and not making the playoffs because we all know the SEC's overrated right? :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Mark May had his moments but overall not bad. Danny Kannel is a colossal douche and we'll never be mentioned in a positive light on that show again. Kannel hates auburn and listening to him speak, its very easy to tell, just like jesse palmer.

i never had issues with May, but Holth, that's another story. I haven't seen Kannel enough to form an opinion. At least they didn't get Jesse Palmer.

I try not to watch ESPN talk shows. now i will try even more.

i have one of those radios that sync the auburn radio broadcast with the TV game and use that when possible to avoid the ESPNers

i have one of those radios that sync the auburn radio broadcast with the TV game and use that when possible to avoid the ESPNers

Tell me more about this device. This is quite intriguing to me.

Whatever else is on at that time, if the TV is even on, will get my selection. ESPN is like the cartoon network except for the games themselves, and some of them I even mute because the announcers are so weak.

meh, that's sad.. I only watch the games anyway, I don't care for the talk shows unless it is revealing rankings,bowl match ups...

I feel like most national analysis shows just bandwagon on the hot team of the week anyway. I doubt the show's content will change much, frankly...just different faces.

Archived