2016 4* RB Carlin Fils-Aime (Tennessee commit)

ellitor

Miller will be a good one. Even with KJ there Miller was often the best player on the field when MA was playing past couple of years

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Vols are #1. So if he goes to TN and Holyfield goes to UGA, who else are we looking at for the last RB spot of the 2016 class?

AU does not have to sign another RB this year.

^^^^ This. I thought we would, but I'm not worried that we won't.

Amazing that, with such a prolific rushing attack, we're having so much trouble getting a top end RB.

To be honest, Kareem Walker is the only guy out there this year that really impresses me so I guess it's a good year to go after another position of need (trying the whole "posibarner" angle).

This year or in general about getting a top flight running back? This years running back class is not a very good one. Miller is going to be a STUD btw.

Just this year. The past couple have been great. Put me in the "still not convinced but hoping he 100% proves me wrong" camp regarding Miller.

Posifail, negaboom. Just sayin'. Told someone the other day that you're a proto-Mikey (if we're lucky).

:poke:

He's a nerd, too.

Amazing that, with such a prolific rushing attack, we're having so much trouble getting a top end RB.

To be honest, Kareem Walker is the only guy out there this year that really impresses me so I guess it's a good year to go after another position of need (trying the whole "posibarner" angle).

This year or in general about getting a top flight running back? This years running back class is not a very good one. Miller is going to be a STUD btw.

Just this year. The past couple have been great. Put me in the "still not convinced but hoping he 100% proves me wrong" camp regarding Miller.

Posifail, negaboom. Just sayin'. Told someone the other day that you're a proto-Mikey (if we're lucky).

He's a nerd, too.

And he's got bad taste (Fabio Saban in a salmon blazer sends him six to twelve).

But he's still a good guy.

He's a nerd, too.

And he's got bad taste (Fabio Saban in a salmon blazer sends him six to twelve).

But he's still a good guy.

:Sing:

I mean, quite honestly we don't really need a RB in this class. Right now we've got Roc, Jovon, Barber, and Kerryon Johnson, only 1 of which is an upperclassman. Combine that with the stats on how RBs are getting drafted in the NFL, and then throw in the '17 4* we have committed, and I'd say we're pretty dad gum stacked at RB.

I mean, quite honestly we don't really need a RB in this class. Right now we've got Roc, Jovon, Barber, and Kerryon Johnson, only 1 of which is an upperclassman. Combine that with the stats on how RBs are getting drafted in the NFL, and then throw in the '17 4* we have committed, and I'd say we're pretty dad gum stacked at RB.

He would have done well the the jet sweep role at AU. Said it was a family decision. The 2 biggest reasons are UT has the major he wants and AU did not, it was either med school or law, I can't remember. The other thing was his family has a second home in NC ant UT was closer to this.

He would have done well the the jet sweep role at AU. Said it was a family decision. The 2 biggest reasons are UT has the major he wants and AU did not, it was either med school or law, I can't remember. The other thing was his family has a second home in NC ant UT was closer to this.

He also probably knew his role would be limited to more of a jet sweep player as opposed to a starting RB. Maybe at UT he has a chance to start?

Not sure why people are saying we're having trouble recruiting at running back, even for this year. We've got a good commit for this class, and I'm sure I don't have to mention the recruits we got the last two years. No matter who you are, you can't have a monopoly on a position (just ask Alabama, who mistakenly thought they were RBU. How's that been working out for em the last two years?) as it's been pointed out, we don't need a top talent this year, because we have at least three of them about to go through fall camp. Miller will be awesome. Next year we'll get two more backs, and if one isn't a five star, he'll be close. Bank on it

While AU has a strong group of RBs, I am a little concerned with how things have gone. We led big for Holyfield and then AU seemed to pull back to focus on bringing in a speed back. CFA became the prime target and AU had a big lead just to have UT move in. If his major is pre-med or pre-law, I can assure you that AU has programs. He made the choice because he saw UT football as better for him. That's fine but I for one think there is something fishy going on at UT because they have been very strong recruiting and I don't think it's just Butch Jones magnetic personality.

As for Holyfield, maybe we thing he is no longer needed because we have Malik. Fine but he appears to be going to UGA so I hope we didn't blow it by slow walking him. It sounds like we are also slow walking Stephen Davis and that really bothers me. He is by all accounts a terrfic highly rated athlete and a legacy who has been AU all the way. You just don't do that especially since he committed.

Not sure why people are saying we're having trouble recruiting at running back, even for this year. We've got a good commit for this class, and I'm sure I don't have to mention the recruits we got the last two years. No matter who you are, you can't have a monopoly on a position (just ask Alabama, who mistakenly thought they were RBU. How's that been working out for em the last two years?) as it's been pointed out, we don't need a top talent this year, because we have at least three of them about to go through fall camp. Miller will be awesome. Next year we'll get two more backs, and if one isn't a five star, he'll be close. Bank on it

You mean the same Alabama that signed two 5* running backs last year? Damien Harris is an absolute stud and was the #1 RB in the country. Bo Scarborough, also a complete stud, is one of the most athletic players in the country. Both composite 5*. This year they've got BJ Emmons, a 4* and the #3 RB in the country. I'd say Alabama has done as well, if not better, than anyone in the country over the past 2 years.

But do not fret, we've got the #1 fullback in the country committed to play RB (a 3*). I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't eventually end up at HB.

And you saying we don't need a RB this cycle because we've got 3 who are about to go through fall camp is absolutely laughable. You do realize our biggest rivals have a few pretty good RBs as well...right?

While AU has a strong group of RBs, I am a little concerned with how things have gone. We led big for Holyfield and then AU seemed to pull back to focus on bringing in a speed back. CFA became the prime target and AU had a big lead just to have UT move in. If his major is pre-med or pre-law, I can assure you that AU has programs. He made the choice because he saw UT football as better for him. That's fine but I for one think there is something fishy going on at UT because they have been very strong recruiting and I don't think it's just Butch Jones magnetic personality.

As for Holyfield, maybe we thing he is no longer needed because we have Malik. Fine but he appears to be going to UGA so I hope we didn't blow it by slow walking him. It sounds like we are also slow walking Stephen Davis and that really bothers me. He is by all accounts a terrfic highly rated athlete and a legacy who has been AU all the way. You just don't do that especially since he committed.

Maybe things have changed since I graduated, but if we have a law program (not sure we do) then it's nothing special, cause it's practically unknown. Our pre-med is decent, but maybe the Volunteers have a better one. Combine that with a comparison of running back rosters, and I could see why he'd choose them

You mean the same Alabama that signed two 5* running backs last year? Damien Harris is an absolute stud and was the #1 RB in the country. Bo Scarborough, also a complete stud, is one of the most athletic players in the country. Both composite 5*. This year they've got BJ Emmons, a 4* and the #3 RB in the country. I'd say Alabama has done as well, if not better, than anyone in the country over the past 2 years.

But do not fret, we've got the #1 fullback in the country committed to play RB (a 3*). I will be absolutely shocked if he doesn't eventually end up at HB.

And you saying we don't need a RB this cycle because we've got 3 who are about to go through fall camp is absolutely laughable. You do realize our biggest rivals have a few pretty good RBs as well...right?

Yeah...I'm kind of aware of what Bama has... *rolls eyes* We have a running back this cycle, so not sure what your point is. My point is we have three top-talent running backs on our roster, and maybe a fourth depending on who you ask, so there's no need to freak out if we don't get a 5 star this cycle. And as I said, I believe Miller will be a stud. As to my point on Alabama, it's no secret that until recently they got just about any back they wanted. It's also no secret that both Keryon (spelling?) and eventually Roc were top targets of theirs, and we got them, forcing them to look elsewhere. My broader point that you seem to have completely missed is that no one, not Bama, not us, is going to get the top guy every year, and there's no reason to panic if we take one three star this year. Make sense?

Tennessee is starting to get under my skin a little bit. They are killing it in recruiting.

Yeah...I'm kind of aware of what Bama has... *rolls eyes* We have a running back this cycle, so not sure what your point is. My point is we have three top-talent running backs on our roster, and maybe a fourth depending on who you ask, so there's no need to freak out if we don't get a 5 star this cycle. And as I said, I believe Miller will be a stud. As to my point on Alabama, it's no secret that until recently they got just about any back they wanted. It's also no secret that both Keryon (spelling?) and eventually Roc were top targets of theirs, and we got them, forcing them to look elsewhere. My broader point that you seem to have completely missed is that no one, not Bama, not us, is going to get the top guy every year, and there's no reason to panic if we take one three star this year. Make sense?

I get what you're saying and agree to a point. I haven't seen anyone freaking out because we don't have a 5* committed. I said it's strange that we aren't having more luck with RBs this cycle, considering the success of our rushing attack.

I agree that we beat out Alabama for Roc, but I think most would agree that had an awful lot to do with them slow-playing him for so long. Regardless of why we got him, I'm thrilled to have Roc and I think he can be great. Kerryon was not their top target at RB, Damien Harris was and they got him. He was our top RB target but FSU and I believe Alabama( correct me if I'm wrong) wanted him at safety. I still think he'd make a better safety than RB but I think he will make plays wherever we put him.

Saying that we just flat out beat them for their top targets is a little misleading and , I believe, flat out wrong.

The beautiful thing about Gus' offense is that we don't need the best RB in the country to have an effective rushing attack. As someone else pointed out, the past 2 years have proven that.

I get what you're saying and agree to a point. I haven't seen anyone freaking out because we don't have a 5* committed. I said it's strange that we aren't having more luck with RBs this cycle, considering the success of our rushing attack.

I agree that we beat out Alabama for Roc, but I think most would agree that had an awful lot to do with them slow-playing him for so long. Regardless of why we got him, I'm thrilled to have Roc and I think he can be great. Kerryon was not their top target at RB, Damien Harris was and they got him. He was our top RB target but FSU and I believe Alabama( correct me if I'm wrong) wanted him at safety. I still think he'd make a better safety than RB but I think he will make plays wherever we put him.

Saying that we just flat out beat them for their top targets is a little misleading and , I believe, flat out wrong.

The beautiful thing about Gus' offense is that we don't need the best RB in the country to have an effective rushing attack. As someone else pointed out, the past 2 years have proven that.

Yeah I forgot about them wanting him to play safety. And you're right, they screwed themselves on Roc, but I have a feeling that they thought they could slow play him and he would still jump at the chance to play for them. Probably won't make that mistake twice. I think you and I agree on the larger points, and probably the smaller ones too. We are good at the running back position and in Gus's hands, I don't see this position being a problem..or any on offense for that matter. It's good to be an Auburn tiger lol

Regarding Kerryon Johnson:

What offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee had to say: "He's more than a scat back. He's an every down playmaker. Kerryon is one of those guys that has (Darren) McFadden-like ability, when you look back at guys that Tim (Horton) and I and coach (Malzahn) have all coached, a guy that can really do it all. He's big enough, he's athletic enough to be an every down back, he can play receiver, he can probably take snaps at quarterback. Obviously Darren McFadden would've been a great safety as well. Don't get it wrong, Kerryon Johnson is playing on offense but he's one of those guys that has extreme versatility and we view him as a running back but he's also one of those guys that we think can be an explosive playmaker.

And that's...

giphy.gif

...no small potatoooooooes.

I'd say we have 4 legit RBs, 2 legit FB/HBs and somebody in this class who qualifies as one or more of those categories. So I think we are okay. What we don't really know is if our coaches agree. We don't know how much effort or desire they have invested in this RB class. Maybe they really did get the guy they really wanted, they really don't think they need another guy, have moved on to the next class, etc.

Maybe they'd rather fill that spot with another linebacker!

Regarding Kerryon Johnson:

What offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee had to say: "He's more than a scat back. He's an every down playmaker. Kerryon is one of those guys that has (Darren) McFadden-like ability, when you look back at guys that Tim (Horton) and I and coach (Malzahn) have all coached, a guy that can really do it all. He's big enough, he's athletic enough to be an every down back, he can play receiver, he can probably take snaps at quarterback. Obviously Darren McFadden would've been a great safety as well. Don't get it wrong, Kerryon Johnson is playing on offense but he's one of those guys that has extreme versatility and we view him as a running back but he's also one of those guys that we think can be an explosive playmaker.

And that's...

giphy.gif

...no small potatoooooooes.

I'd say we have 4 legit RBs, 2 legit FB/HBs and somebody in this class who qualifies as one or more of those categories. So I think we are okay. What we don't really know is if our coaches agree. We don't know how much effort or desire they have invested in this RB class. Maybe they really did get the guy they really wanted, they really don't think they need another guy, have moved on to the next class, etc.

Maybe they'd rather fill that spot with another linebacker!

I see what you did there...lol. Hey I'm fine with that. Bring on an extra linebacker!

I think Malik Miller will turn heads this year. I also believe he will move up the rankings by the end of the year. That guy has played fullback and running back in high school. He has also, in the last year, completely transformed his body and now looks like a real stud in the making. He should only get stronger and faster as he goes. He's an intelligent and determined young man who realized his body needed sculpting to help him reach his potential. This Fall we will all get to see what the new and improved Malik can do. I don't believe he's going to disappoint. I can't wait to watch him play for AU. Another in the long line of great AU running backs.

I agree that we don't have to have a Fournette or Chubb to run the ball effectively in our system, but Tre Mason was undeniably one of the best running backs in the nation. That is not just by consequence of our system either. He was our only bright spot under Loeffler. I still to this day believe we would have beat Clemson and possibly had at least a .500 season in 2012 if we would have let him carry us in that game.

Archived