Civilian 'Guard' Fires Gun While 'Protecting' Military Recruiting Center In Ohio

homersapien

This is exactly why USN and I don't like everybody armed on the bases. Because even though this one was only a civilian guard, there are always some people on base that doesn't need to carry.

Like I said, one negligent discharge and the place turns into a circus.

Volunteer guard, meaning untrained. Accidental discharges happen and more so with the untrained.

If the military recruiters carry weapons they will be NCOs and will be trained in firearm safety.

Volunteer guard, meaning untrained. Accidental discharges happen and more so with the untrained.

If the military recruiters carry weapons they will be NCOs and will be trained in firearm safety.

NCO's mess up all the time. Saw a staff sgt drive off with his M4 on top of the mrap he was commanding. I see more accountability problems arising than anything.

NCO's mess up all the time. Saw a staff sgt drive off with his M4 on top of the mrap he was commanding. I see more accountability problems arising than anything.

police officers and security guards also have accidental discharges and lose weapons. My fear is that the Moslem nuts here will escalate and copy what the suicide bombers do elsewhere.

This is exactly why USN and I don't like everybody armed on the bases. Because even though this one was only a civilian guard, there are always some people on base that doesn't need to carry.

Like I said, one negligent discharge and the place turns into a circus.

Likewise for the mass open or closed carry freaks, or 2nd Amendment nuts lugging their AR-15's or AK's into restaurants or malls just to make a statement.

I'm not against the 2nd Amendment, I'm a fan of freedom. But sadly the right to bear arms does not guarantee the sense or responsibility to bear arms. There is always the danger of accidental or negligent discharge, or careless horseplay, and far too many get excited about owning/bearing a gun without necessarily having the proper training or sense to do so safely. Any day now I expect to read about a firefight in a crowded place between armed 'cowboy' vigilantes more concerned about playing Rambo than discerning who's actually firing or who the good/bad guys are in a situation. And how many domestic arguments or family/friend squabbles have ended up as murders simply because a gun was convenient in the heat of anger?

I once knew an acquaintance (from Alabama) who got arrested on Bourbon Street and convicted for a handgun he secretly carried into a bar in violation of Louisiana law. He got drunk, got into a shoving match with another patron, and his pistol fell to the floor in the struggle. Fortunately it didn't discharge. But his macho attitude cost him a night in jail, a large fine, considerable lawyer fees, and a firearm conviction on his record, all for carrying a gun where it wasn't necessary and didn't belong.

" I thought it was empty and must have missed it."

Gee, ya think?

Moron.

Fine conservitive MEN tryin to protect hour troops and hour border aint no morons. Your a moron libtard.

perry.jpg

This here is what REAL men look likes you sissy libtard moron.

Archived