You Gotta love Chris Matthews!

Tiger Al

In a speech to university students, MSNBC host Chris Matthews characterized President Bush as a shallow-thinking, unlearned man who when confronted by aides with the decision about going to war with Iraq was given something to think about for the first time in his life.

The Bush administration's rationale for the Iraq war was "nonsense" and totally dishonest, Matthews told a gathering of 200 students at Brown University this week, according to the Woonsocket Call newspaper in Rhode Island.

Finally, someone in the mainstream media willing to tell it like it is.

LINK

So, uh, Chris Matthews is "in the loop" on all inside information in the White House? I can spit out rhetoric and garage opinions also, but that does not make what I say a fact does it. So why does Mr. Matthews think his opinion counts for anything but crap. Geez, no liberal biased at all in his reports is there? :rolleyes: Mainstream media=liberal media (99% of the time anyway).

So why does Mr. Matthews think his opinion counts for anything but crap.

I guess it's the same reason Limbaugh, Boortz, Coulter, Hannity, Scarbourough, O'Reiley, Reagan, Savage, Hume and the rest of the media dittoheads use.

And where does this 'liberal media bias' myth come from?

I think it comes from the fact that the NY Times, Washington Post, LA Times, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, and PBS (just to name a few) have a liberal slant.

You don't get to act like it doesn't exist because of the rise of FoxNews and talk radio. The mainstream media does have a liberal bias. And that is what people are talking about.

Not to mention Matthews makes no bones about being a democrat and made the remark about his child becoming a good democrat on Jay Leno just about a year ago.

I'm not acting like it, as if I know it's there but deny it. I don't think it exists. Sure, there are left-leaning sources. I'd agree that NY Times has some, if not a lot, of liberal journalists. Fox and 95% of talk radio aside, the ultra-right viewpoint is not underrepresented by any stretch. NY Post, Washington Times, National Review, Seattle Times and Wall Street Journal represent pretty well, I'd say. But, how do you figure that the major TV networks are liberal?

MDM, of course he makes no bones about it. He used to work for Tip O'Neill and Jimmy Carter. But, 'Hardball' is a show that I think one could apply the slogan 'Fair and Balanced' to more easily than anything on Fox. I've seen him be very critical of Dems.

MDM, of course he makes no bones about it. He used to work for Tip O'Neill and Jimmy Carter. But, 'Hardball' is a show that I think one could apply the slogan 'Fair and Balanced' to more easily than anything on Fox. I've seen him be very critical of Dems.

You are quite delusional! To say Hardball is more "fair and balanced" than anything on Fox is like saying Kentucky has a more balanced offense than LSU.

:bs: :headshake: :roll:

You are quite delusional! To say Hardball is more "fair and balanced" than anything on Fox is like saying Kentucky has a more balanced offense than LSU.

Not only does UK have a more balanced offense, they have a better offense. They can beat you in the low post, from three-point land, at the free throw line and on defense, too! I'm glad you agree with me.

No bait. The views/opinions you have expressed are consistent w/ Dean. Merely an observation.

Not only does UK have a more balanced offense, they have a better offense. They can beat you in the low post, from three-point land, at the free throw line and on defense, too! I'm glad you agree with me.

Al, once again, I have to give you credit, that was a quick DEMOCRATIC switch to make your view seem correct. :D

Well, he didn't specify which sport!!! But, really, I think his show, which I must confess I don't watch religiously, maybe two nights a week or so, really is a pretty balanced show. Before I knew about his political background I couldn't tell whether his perspective was liberal or conservative. When I thought I had him figured out one way or another, he'd say the opposite. He is a Democrat but I think he is fair in the conduct and content of his show.

Before I knew about his political background I couldn't tell whether his perspective was liberal or conservative. When I thought I had him figured out one way or another, he'd say the opposite. He is a Democrat but I think he is fair in the conduct and content of his show.

That's how I feel about James Carville! :D

Before I knew about his political background I couldn't tell whether his perspective was liberal or conservative. When I thought I had him figured out one way or another, he'd say the opposite. He is a Democrat but I think he is fair in the conduct and content of his show.

That's how I feel about James Carville! :D

Come on...that earns more than just one 'smilie'!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Archived