"Probably doesn't need to be said in here how much I hate Auburn." - Bielema

AURex

not to mention ... he is recruiting the types of kids who like "blowhards". (having a hard time suppressing my inner beavis and butthead)

you know what I mean ... the rough around the edges 330 pound behemoth linemen and big RB/FB types ... plus the defensive equivalent. I think the guy is trying to create that culture and needs some yin to his yang.

Agree....Arky is NOT a game I'm looking forward to. Only bama, IMO is a bigger threat to end our perfect season.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't hate us any more than any other team. He's using it to gain momentum, publicity and relevance.

It's all good.....

Totally agree with all the "it's manufactured" sentiments. Gus's legacy may annoy him but ultimately what makes the sec great is true historic and geographic rivalries. And arky doesn't have one since the swc days.

Unfortunately for Cbb, auburn probably has at least 5 teams we care about more than arky. Same is probably true for rest of the sec teams. Guess Cbb has decided to go into stalking mode..

He doesn't hate us any more than any other team. He's using it to gain momentum, publicity and relevance.

It's all good.....

Totally agree with all the "it's manufactured" sentiments. Gus's legacy may annoy him but ultimately what makes the sec great is true historic and geographic rivalries. And arky doesn't have one since the swc days.

Unfortunately for Cbb, auburn probably has at least 5 teams we care about more than arky. Same is probably true for rest of the sec teams. Guess Cbb has decided to go into stalking mode..

Good thought....can't make any hay stalking bama....and AU is probably the next most well known team in the conference and arky has a pretty good record against us over the years.....so why not manufacture a rivalry to get the fan fired up. That's what makes college football fun IMO.

It's all good.....

Good thought....can't make any hay stalking bama....and AU is probably the next most well known team in the conference and arky has a pretty good record against us over the years.....so why not manufacture a rivalry to get the fan fired up. That's what makes college football fun IMO.

That was my thought, too, when he first fired this crap up a couple seasons ago.

It's all good.....

That was my thought, too, when he first fired this crap up a couple seasons ago.

Tamu, mizzou (in the east though), and to some degree lsu have open sec rivalry dance cards - wish he'd go pine after them.

Having flash backs of the drunk fat girl hitting on me back in the day. Don't think you ever could ever drink Cbb pretty.

He's really gonna hate us after we put a 50spot on the hog defense again

I'm still trying to figure out why several "experts" are so high on their defense. Not as in a Top 25 defense but it's been talked about a lot.

On the Auburn preview show on the SECN they predicted us to go 11-1 losing to Arkansas. Every analyst is picking us to lose that game. All of them basically saying Arkansas is way more physical than us on the lines of scrimmage. McElroy actually had us going 10-2 losing to Alabama as well.

I get they are physical but how we rotate on the OL should offset that. They're like their coach...they're all FAT! Be like the turds and keep fat guys on the field and see what happens. I think they'll be improved but hard for me to see them contending for the West. I predict the Arky game will be like last years game...close early and then we eventually wear them down in the 2nd half.

I'm not scared of arky at all. Don't buy the hype, they may not have a pass rusher and you know how that goes

I'm not buying it either...especially their defense.

I'm not scared of arky at all. Don't buy the hype, they may not have a pass rusher and you know how that goes

I don't know...they gave up a total of 24 points in their last 4 SEC games....about what we gave up in a half against bama.....but of course the reason for playing the game is to see what the teams have this year.

I don't know...they gave up a total of 24 points in their last 4 SEC games....about what we gave up in a half against bama.....but of course the reason for playing the game is to see what the teams have this year.

No Philon and Flowers this year. I think they have a decent defense but i just don't consider it top level.

No Philon and Flowers this year. I think they have a decent defense but i just don't consider it top level.

All true...but consider how many very good players that AU does not have this year....yet we are willing to overlook those losses and just assume that their replacements will be as good......if not better and we will have a powerhouse offense.

I'm just saying that they have a defensive oriented coach and it is very possible that he has replaced those losses....perhaps with better players? :dunno:

All true...but consider how many very good players that AU does not have this year....yet we are willing to overlook those losses and just assume that their replacements will be as good......if not better and we will have a powerhouse offense.

I'm just saying that they have a defensive oriented coach and it is very possible that he has replaced those losses....perhaps with better players? :dunno:/>

Flowers is their best defensive player they've had in the past decade. When Lawson leaves I won't just think the next man behind him can do what he does. And they DEFINITELY don't have a guy like philon on the roster. Now that can be good or bad I guess, they could be stronger against the run but they won't be better pass rushing. They certainly don't have another flowers though

I'm just saying that they have a defensive oriented coach and it is very possible that he has replaced those losses....perhaps with better players? :dunno:/>

Flowers is their best defensive player they've had in the past decade. When Lawson leaves I won't just think the next man behind him can do what he does. And they DEFINITELY don't have a guy like philon on the roster. Now that can be good or bad I guess, they could be stronger against the run but they won't be better pass rushing. They certainly don't have another flowers though

Not sure if i'd go that far, Jamaal Anderson was a top 10 pick.

For what it's worth, a lot of people thought the DL would step back after losing Chris Smith before last year too. The defense was terrible in 2013 with the same players before the new DC came along. We do return 8/10 on the two deep of the DL and basically the entire secondary. Linebacker is a concern though because outside of Brooks Ellis we are unproven there and really thin.

For what it's worth, a lot of people thought the DL would step back after losing Chris Smith before last year too. The defense was terrible in 2013 with the same players before the new DC came along. We do return 8/10 on the two deep of the DL and basically the entire secondary. Linebacker is a concern though because outside of Brooks Ellis we are unproven there and really thin.

Welcome. Post often.

Lol ok second best...And last year I remembered everybody saying the line will be fine as long as flowers was healthy, but we'll see. I tried to tell all the people here how losing Dee Ford was going to hurt but most didn't worry about it either. I'm more worried about a&m than arky any day

Welcome. Post often.

agree...good to get some perspective from the opposition that does not consist of trash talk.

TAMY will be a struggle of course......I've just been saying that just because BB comes across as a buffoon, is no reason to underestimate his coaching ability or his team. I bet Gus is taking him 100% seriously.

I would be happy never to lose to Arky while he is the coach there. Of course, I never want to lose any games. But I guess it doesn't need to be said in here (?) how much I would hate to lose to BB.

He's still an idiot. Anyone who pops in to a losing team and immediately starts running their mouth about other teams/coaches in the conference, has no respect for anyone already there. The guy could be the god of football and I still wouldn't respect him or his team. That pic of the dude from Bevis and Butt-Head was perfect and is what I think of every time I see him.

This latest statement is just another attempt by him to create animosity between the teams to make it a rivalry. Too bad it's only a rivalry to them. Arky is still bottom tier to us and will remain that way. Also an attempt to get publicity which he gets from it. Too bad he looks like an crossbreed moron doing it.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this topic up so that we don't forget how fun it's going to be when we whip thier tails this weekend. I hope this quote is hanging in the AU locker rooms this week!

Archived