What's the Real Story?

Browning4AU

I feel like the coaches have lost this team. Maybe it started with Whitehead, maybe some other time. The defense has totally quit on the field. Duke has given half ass effort all three games so far. Reported that Robinson has had to be pulled back from GM. Decent players left the team prior to the season. Looks like the wheels are falling off - so, what gives? Anyone in the know that can give us the info? At this point, I refuse to believe everything has been anywhere close as Gus and Co. have made it out to be since the Spring. Beyond that, so many people in the media talked about how much talent is on the team compared to years past. So why aren't they clicking? What's different about practices than the games?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to say. Certainly on the surface it looks to me like we just have a team that doesn't care. We have no passing attack what so ever. Our D is, and I cant even believe I'm saying this, worse than ever. Completely incompetent football program it seems right now from top to bottom.

Coaches never had team to lose it.

When your punt team gets faked out three times by a fake fair catch.....well... The boys don't have it and don't want to play.

There are no excuses.

Our fans are soft and players are too. Lsu is rabid. We are tame. Look at this board. 90% of time if critical you get slammed.

Look at toilet water you better call it rose water or you get banned.

Coaches never had team to lose it.

When your punt team gets faked out three times by a fake fair catch.....well... The boys don't have it and don't want to play.

There are no excuses.

Our fans are soft and players are too. Lsu is rabid. We are tame. Look at this board. 90% of time if critical you get slammed.

Look at toilet water you better call it rose water or you get banned.

This. I've never seen punt coverage that ridiculous.

A lot of this seasons success was relying on Jeremy Johnson...

We knew the defense was gonna struggle. Jimmies and Joes just aren't there. And, my god the injuries! Staff new they were gonna have to out score everybody!

But, there is no excuse why Jeremy is playing so bad! We put all our eggs in the JJ basket! Gus put some major expectations on his shoulders... He had him going to media days, and just talked him up from the end of last season! Without taking a meaningful snap!

That's coaching... plain and simple!

Gus has a 3rd year quarterback with some MAJOR dificiencies! Gus and the 'waist of space' Rhett Lashlee have done a bunch of talking, and not enough developing!

No more excuses! They're out of 'em...

The rest of the SEC is beginning to see, they might be out of their league...?

Teams who are overmatched always look like they don't care.

There is something to this observation. All of these guys are competitive by nature or they would never have gotten this far. Something going on with the coaching, etc that is killing their motivation. JMO

I never expected WM to wave a wand and the D would be lights out. Obviously Lawson's injury hurts bc he is a special and makes the D so much better. But the O is shocking to me. The O line is stacked and the rbs & wars are above average. I worry about our QBs on the roster bc the offense is very tame without a running QB. Something seems off.

I'm going to try and be positive and look back to 2013 and recall that LSU loss and no would have ever said this team was going to be in the NATL champ game. Maybe history repeats!

The defensive backfield is young, very young. With Lawson we were middle of the road at DL. Without Lawson we are lower tier of the SEC at DL. LB are good not great. Defense is improved from last year but it isn't enough.

RL is a yes man at OC. He has been following Gus since he was a teenager. Our best WR gets 3 opportunities? He is gaining 8+ yards per catch.

What could it hurt to put White in for a series?

Gus' genius may well have been having a QB with 4.3 speed and being hard nosed. JJ, Gus and RL are the joke of the SEC. Thank goodness for the Rutgers coaching staff.

We don't have the horses on defense. Our recruiting has been poor there, especially on the interior defensive line. Right now, we are very young and inexperienced.

Offense. O line has not jelled. I see promise there. Jeremy Johnson is terrible right now. We need the offense to carry the defense right now. What concerns me more than anything is recruiting. We are not keeping up. If our best guys jump to the pros this year, we are toast next season.

My 6 yr old son asked me if he could be a bama fan because AU is not any good. I told him he should be for whoever he wants. I also told him AU would not be winning many if any games this season.

you missed a good teaching moment..support your team no matter what..to be an updyke fan is child abuse

The defensive backfield is young, very young. With Lawson we were middle of the road at DL. Without Lawson we are lower tier of the SEC at DL. LB are good not great. Defense is improved from last year but it isn't enough.

RL is a yes man at OC. He has been following Gus since he was a teenager. Our best WR gets 3 opportunities? He is gaining 8+ yards per catch.

What could it hurt to put White in for a series?

Gus' genius may well have been having a QB with 4.3 speed and being hard nosed. JJ, Gus and RL are the joke of the SEC. Thank goodness for the Rutgers coaching staff.

FIFY

My 6 yr old son asked me if he could be a bama fan because AU is not any good. I told him he should be for whoever he wants. I also told him AU would not be winning many if any games this season.

you missed a good teaching moment..support your team no matter what..to be an updyke fan is child abuse

Your wrong. You teach your kid that it is his/hers to choose. I am the biggest AU fan there is, but thats my decision. He can do what he wants. He gets all AU at home, but when he sees how bad the team is, he looks for a winner. Its only because he is smart, I am not.

Your wrong. You teach your kid that it is his/hers to choose. I am the biggest AU fan there is, but thats my decision. He can do what he wants. He gets all AU at home, but when he sees how bad the team is, he looks for a winner. Its only because he is smart, I am not.

So you are teaching him to be a bandwagon fan. Only cheer for something or someone when they are good is a horrible lesson to teach somebody. But that's just me. A true fan of anybody supports the program no matter the state of the program..

you're wrong a 6 year old doesn't know what's right or wrong unless you teach them. Way to cop out on parenting, He is going to have a very disappointing life chasing winners

Some fan you are DW! Bama sux! No true auburn fan would ever say what you said. Im as tough on the coaching staff as any person, but to be a bama fan, you should have been removed from the forum

Bad on you for obvious reasons. saban doesn't even like updyke U fans.

Archived