*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

I thought the team played hard and with a few breaks could have won the game. Just couldn't overcome the red zone mistakes in the 1st half. We out gained them and controlled the time of possession. Didn't give up any big plays and all in all played solid. Still can't get off the field on 3rd down and got no pressure on the QB, but a better effort all around. I thought Sean White was a gamer, showed a lot of poise, never got rattled even when under a lot of pressure. It is a rebuilding year as one said, like it or not, but we could still surprise someone along the way. A minor bowl game is not totally out of the question for this team.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think auburn4ever is right. Obviously Gus is headed for a Gene Chizik season. Probably Jay Jacobs' fault. And why don't we have a 100,000 seat stadium??? Wake up sheeple!!!! This is why we are losing!!!

(Sarcasm)

Is Gus responsible for holding? What about a bad snap?.....oooh maybe a missed FG? Still no? Some of you are complete idiots on here. Still terrible effort by a few starters then you factor in a few mental mistakes and the rest is history. On a positive note white is a leader that this team needs. If the o line could actually provide some time to pass block maybe we could see some deep passes. They did however do a good job on run blocking. Another positive note no team in this conference is unbeatable so we should see continued improvement.

coaching is a factor in prepping them. Coaches are usually accountable to some degree. It comes with the territory for them

Major improvement regardless of the win or loss. This is something to build on. That OL needs to man the hell up if we're going to be a passing threat at all. Hope Tre and Roc are ok, we really really can't afford to lose Tre. For the fans on the ledge, please do us a favor and just go ahead and jump off. In my 35 yrs as an Auburn fan, I've never seen such spoiled crybaby attitudes than I'm seeing right now. You look like a bunch of bammers. Like stated before, if you didn't see some progress in the team tonight then you should probably just stop watching football. WDE

Is Gus responsible for holding? What about a bad snap?.....oooh maybe a missed FG? Still no? Some of you are complete idiots on here. Still terrible effort by a few starters then you factor in a few mental mistakes and the rest is history. On a positive note white is a leader that this team needs. If the o line could actually provide some time to pass block maybe we could see some deep passes. They did however do a good job on run blocking. Another positive note no team in this conference is unbeatable so we should see continued improvement.

The O line is all four and give star guys! Every team in the country offered them and they choose AU!

So what happened? I'm sorry, no,excuses here! We should not, repeat not, be this bad!!

I hate that Auburn has these type seasons and maybe we do have them more often than other programs in the SEC but people saying LSU and bama never do this must have short memories. Before Saban arrived at both those programs they were wandering through the wilderness of college football for a long while. bama basically was out of the national picture for about 12 years before saban got that ship righted. It happens, lets see what Gus does from here before we panic too much. At least we saw fight from this team tonight.

Why is this a rebuilding year? Sure, the D is going to go through some changes. Everybody knew that. But AU has been recruiting pretty well. There is no reason that one or two players being out on either offense or defense should have such a disastrous effect on this team. What gives?

No one is saying it should be a rebuilding year. I just think it is one.

And there is a reason that one or two players being out has such an effect. The ones who remain aren't as good as we thought they were. Gradually, they'll be replaced.

^^^^Spot on

My biggest complaints - the o-line and the substitutions. This staff has been here for 3 years, why can't we figure out the moronic substitution issues? And the o-line is sub par and is getting worse as the season progresses.

Other than that, one game at a time. The defense looked better and White is competent and is working well with the hand he's been dealt.

OL pass protection was abysmal. OL holding and false starts were also abysmal. People whined and complained about how awful our D is but they were a bright spot tonight. Sean played a helluva game for his first start, let's rally behind these guys and realize that this year will set us up for a big future.

Major improvement regardless of the win or loss. This is something to build on. That OL needs to man the hell up if we're going to be a passing threat at all. Hope Tre and Roc are ok, we really really can't afford to lose Tre. For the fans on the ledge, please do us a favor and just go ahead and jump off. In my 35 yrs as an Auburn fan, I've never seen such spoiled crybaby attitudes than I'm seeing right now. You look like a bunch of bammers. Like stated before, if you didn't see some progress in the team tonight then you should probably just stop watching football. WDE

Games like this bring out the worst in our fans....fortunately, most of them just spill their tears on the night of the game and then are gone....cant take most of them too seriously....majority are clueless IMO.

U F is starting two true freshman and playing three true freshmen on their O line and they beat U T today. On paper our O line is more experienced and better, so what is the problem!?

The O line is all four and give star guys! Every team in the country offered them and they choose AU!

So what happened? I'm sorry, no,excuses here! We should not, repeat not, be this bad!!

The stars don't always mean what we want them to mean. I agree that we shouldn't be this bad. But I also think we need to face the fact that we are and strive to get better.

I saw a lot of good things. The pass blocking was pretty shoddy. State seemed to know what play we were calling a lot. Defense is getting better. I thought Sean White showed great potential. We need to continue to develop it. Despite the worst TV announcers I have ever listened to, I thought White showed that he could run the ball effectively. And no one can complete a pass from the seat of their pants. Got to have better blocking. I thought Gus called a poor game. What the coaches do now is important because this team needs to grow and get better. War Eagle!

I'm incredibly depressed about the loss, but hopeful that we found a QB and we once again know our RBs can run.

Overall... feeling a LOT better than I have in recent weeks about this team.

Yep.

For the rest of the season...

I'll take fighting and being in a game at the end and having a chance.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

If you don't see progress you're blind.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

I disagree britt, look at teams like Alabama and lsu. We recruit on par with them and they don't experience this the way we do. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Our guys look weak and slow-(especially on D) other than a few guys

I'm not saying we're performing up to our potential. But the fact is, it IS a rebuilding year -- this despite our excellent recruiting. I think we are now on the right track on D. But look at how many freshmen we're playing. I think there's a reason for that.

7 seasons and only 2 weren't considered young/rebuilding. With our recruiting I'm tired of that excuse. I personally think it's to try to not bash players or coaching staff which is fine. I'm saying we look slow and weak. Our oline has had time to be in the weight room and that performance was just sad. Our WR's aren't getting open, our LB's are still out of position way too much, and our secondary has given 10 yard cushions for 7 years now. I personally think we have a culture problem but that's just me. We don't know how to play with expectations, we don't know how to reload, and we don't know how to dominate and play with grit and it's frustrating. Other than guys like Sean, Peyton, and KJ I am very disappointed with this team

AGAIN....pay attention this time ok? Did Gus hold, miss a FG, not pick up the blitz, kick the ball out of bounds and so on? NO end of story. This team was in position to win today and imo should have won 28-17.

Oh, wait. I see the problem. I've been using the word "rebuilding" in its literal sense.

Evidently rebuilding actually means:

My team is going to completely suck this season for no explicable reason and it's impolite to ask "why?".

OL pass protection was abysmal. OL holding and false starts were also abysmal. People whined and complained about how awful our D is but they were a bright spot tonight. Sean played a helluva game for his first start, let's rally behind these guys and realize that this year will set us up for a big future.

Even Peyton whiffed on a block. I'm not convinced it was all on the O-line; though I agree they played poorly. I think White needs to pull it down a little sooner.

Oh yes five straight top ten recruiting classes, one of the highest paid coaches staffs in the NCAA, with another SEC loss, this one at home, and a overtime win vs Jax St. Allot to be positive about.

This is the 4th game of the season. Why don't you jump off the cliff now? This team fought. You would have quit before kickoff. This site and most of our "fans" just suck. We we're inside the 20 enough to win the game easily. No matter what was called, one block, one play without someone moving, one cut outside instead of inside, and we win. And the coaches are genius, and you are happy. But just vent and dog people better than you, and trying harder. I am sick of this. You are Auburn or you are not. You guys won't go away, so I will. You will not miss me. I will not miss you. I miss the old site. I will not miss this one.

Well, Gus IS responsible for getting players ready to play to the point where mistakes like these are minimized, which they aren't....so. Yes I suppose. He's definitely responsible for the W-L record which at this point reads 0-2 in SEC with ZERO hope of making it to Atlanta before September is even over. We did get some kinks worked out today, but offseason coaching should have got those kinks out pre season and failed miserably in that aspect. The Oline has issues that won't likely be solved without doing what the D did today and benching half of them. It's also Gus's responsibility to make sure we play well enough that a few mistakes in a game aren't enough to cause a loss. So, Yes...it's Gus's responsibility.

Archived