*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

Rebuilding...blah freakin blah! I was at the game and the only positive thing I seen was Sean White. Offensive line got manhandled. Any play there was a MSU receiver open by five yards. Play calling was terrible in the red zone. what happened to the HUNH? Why are our top 3 QB's pro style? When will it end? I am tired of seasons like this!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the rest of the season...

I'll take fighting and being in a game at the end and having a chance.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

If you don't see progress you're blind.

Why in Gus' third year and with all the highly rated recruiting classes we've brought in are we "rebuilding"?

I keep hearing about how well we have recruited, but I think that is being over sold. Since 2012, I think that we average about 1.5 "five stars" per class (a team like uat averages around five per class). Looking at our past classes, a lot of our "best" recruits are either injured or gone. I would say we've really recruited well at OL, and we've had a couple of good DEs now, but I think we've dropped to second and third choices a lot at DT (excluding Adams, who is a stud), LB, DB... and it seems like a couple of the QBs we really wanted but missed on are tearing it up at other schools, now. Frost was an athlete, not an LB, coming out of HS, and it looked like our one "stud" LB recruit, Williams, got hurt last night. It's hard to win if you take "really good but maybe not great" recruiting classes and have the best parts of those classes of the team or on the trainers table during games. JMHO.

Archived