*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

1. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times with penalties on offense. I say that is coaching (Gus).

2. KJ looked good

3. Sean White looks good with a chance to get better with more PT

4. More explosive plays +++

5. Defense made adjustments at halftime and play better in the 2nd half

6. Gus' play calling is sometimes bizarre, a little too cute

We have 2 weeks to really work on improving, I think we will, as long as Sean is QB. WDE

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Kerryon disappeared because that's what Gus does when a player plays well in the first half

2)White played really really well with that garbage blocking

3)Duke and Ricardo getting 3 total targets is unacceptable

4)Gus and penalties are synonymous

5)Defense only allowed 3 points after the first quarter (or second I don't remember)

6)I've said if for 5 years: we under utilize the tight ends/ h-back in the passing game.

7)Gus' play calling in the red zone has been an issue since Cam left.

8)Scoreboard was cool and so was the sound system

9)pissed I traveled 10 hours but it could have been worse

10)took too long on our drives and it hurt us

11)defensive line wasn't trying to get to the qb. They were containing him from burning us with his feet.

If you think defense was remotely our problem you're insane. Any gus team should win when the other team only scores 17.

#1 astounds me every game. I'm guessing it's some sort of psy-op to throw opponents off? Or maybe we need to give the other guys a chance to look good?

#2 Sean White is a baller with heart.

#7 Plays from inside the turtle shell don't work. The man is outsmarting himself. The move to bring in JJ just says, "Coach Malzahn has had an aneurysm and doesn't know what day it is."

Good old Gimmicky Gus. Maybe he should dump the trick plays because the only player's he's tricking are his own. Sean White is nothing more than an over hyped Chris Todd. However, he was barely given the opportunity to throw the ball north-south. I counted one pass beyond 20 yards and 2 passes beyond 10 yards. I don't know how you expect to move the chains if your QB can't make simple forward passes. Words can't describe how poorly this team is coached. Defense played its @ss off and the offense couldn't even put a touchdown on the board, mostly due to killer penalties, turnovers and god-awful playcalling.

With that said, if this team is going to salvage its season, JJ is going to have to figure things out in a hurry because Sean White isn't much of a QB.

Are you okay in the head?

We need Western Byrum and Codey Parkey teach onside kicks

Might be nice but the rule has changed and it's almost impossible to recover one now....the ball has to bounce twice before the kicking team can block a returner.....has about done away with that weapon.....

Good old Gimmicky Gus. Maybe he should dump the trick plays because the only player's he's tricking are his own. Sean White is nothing more than an over hyped Chris Todd. However, he was barely given the opportunity to throw the ball north-south. I counted one pass beyond 20 yards and 2 passes beyond 10 yards. I don't know how you expect to move the chains if your QB can't make simple forward passes. Words can't describe how poorly this team is coached. Defense played its @ss off and the offense couldn't even put a touchdown on the board, mostly due to killer penalties, turnovers and god-awful playcalling.

With that said, if this team is going to salvage its season, JJ is going to have to figure things out in a hurry because Sean White isn't much of a QB.

Moo State is arguably the worst team in the SECw and Auburn couldn't score a TD at home.

Oh yes five straight top ten recruiting classes, one of the highest paid coaches staffs in the NCAA, with another SEC loss, this one at home, and a overtime win vs Jax St. Allot to be positive about.

This is the 4th game of the season. Why don't you jump off the cliff now? This team fought. You would have quit before kickoff. This site and most of our "fans" just suck. We we're inside the 20 enough to win the game easily. No matter what was called, one block, one play without someone moving, one cut outside instead of inside, and we win. And the coaches are genius, and you are happy. But just vent and dog people better than you, and trying harder. I am sick of this. You are Auburn or you are not. You guys won't go away, so I will. You will not miss me. I will not miss you. I miss the old site. I will not miss this one.

Well good for you. I have watched Auburn football for 50 years, and this looks strangely like the Doug Barfield days.

Moo State is arguably the worst team in the SECw and Auburn couldn't score a TD at home.

I would say they have us and Arky to thank for not being in the cellar in the West.

No. He's a troll and he lays it on pretty thick.

He needs to be gone, but mods refuse to do so.

If you think that's on Sean White you need to cool down and rematch the game another time. Penalties and poor blocking are the issues.

MSU is not the worst team in the West. They certainly aren't the worst defense in the West.

Clearly wasted and irate. Sean can't do a simple forward pass and JJ is better? Sean completed over 70 percent of his passes and the receivers could not get open nor could the Oline block any damn body. There should be a breathilizer to post on gameday. Also, I seem to remember Chris Todd breaking a bunch of records. That would be awful to have again. ABSOLUTELY RIDICOUS POST

In the years to come you will realize how ridiculous this statement was.

Gus is starting to look like JJ. HE looks like a deer in the headlights at times and it shows in some of his boneheaded moves at critical times.

Starting to wonder if he is the reason our players seem to play portions of every season with no confidence. Not a certainty, but something to ponder.

If MSU is the worst team in the West, then who are we?

We lost, but did improve, hope we can build on it a win some games going forward.

1) Kerryon disappeared because that's what Gus does when a player plays well in the first half

2)White played really really well with that garbage blocking

3)Duke and Ricardo getting 3 total targets is unacceptable

4)Gus and penalties are synonymous

5)Defense only allowed 3 points after the first quarter (or second I don't remember)

6)I've said if for 5 years: we under utilize the tight ends/ h-back in the passing game.

7)Gus' play calling in the red zone has been an issue since Cam left.

8)Scoreboard was cool and so was the sound system

9)pissed I traveled 10 hours but it could have been worse

10)took too long on our drives and it hurt us

11)defensive line wasn't trying to get to the qb. They were containing him from burning us with his feet.

If you think defense was remotely our problem you're insane. Any gus team should win when the other team only scores 17.

Totally agree.

Oh yes five straight top ten recruiting classes, one of the highest paid coaches staffs in the NCAA, with another SEC loss, this one at home, and a overtime win vs Jax St. Allot to be positive about.

This is the 4th game of the season. Why don't you jump off the cliff now? This team fought. You would have quit before kickoff. This site and most of our "fans" just suck. We we're inside the 20 enough to win the game easily. No matter what was called, one block, one play without someone moving, one cut outside instead of inside, and we win. And the coaches are genius, and you are happy. But just vent and dog people better than you, and trying harder. I am sick of this. You are Auburn or you are not. You guys won't go away, so I will. You will not miss me. I will not miss you. I miss the old site. I will not miss this one.

Well good for you. I have watched Auburn football for 50 years, and this looks strangely like the Doug Barfield days.

I'll take your word on it. I never saw those days. Night people

OL pass protection was abysmal. OL holding and false starts were also abysmal. People whined and complained about how awful our D is but they were a bright spot tonight. Sean played a helluva game for his first start, let's rally behind these guys and realize that this year will set us up for a big future.

Agreed. While theirs was excellent. To me, that was the biggest difference between the two teams.

White didn't have the time to throw downfield; Dak just had to wait for someone to get open.

Different defensive schemes....we rushed 4 most of the time.....MSU blitzed right and left and usually had more rushers than we had blockers....generally our OL was outnumbered by a couple players.....there is more to the issue that just the effort by the OL.....also have to consider that we split three or 4 players out beyond the blocking zone and ttheir LBs or CBs came in untouched.

And wouldn't call a screen play to help out QB out...

Archived