*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

I don't think we are putting the ball in pur playmakers hands. Our offense should never be shut out of the endzone ever. Dam what is going on?

A few of the "play makers" are giving 1/2 ass effort.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks...

O-line play. Not giving SW enough time...not getting to the second level. 2 in a row to Miss. St. I am not a big "moral victory...we are getting better" guy...so hard for me to say what the issue is above and beyond the O-line. RB's getting good yards per carry...but WR not getting open is an issue too. Hate to have the defense make that improvement...and then see the O falter again. I will always bleed O&B...I just have to shake my head. Our "talent" should be compensating on O better than it does. War Damn, everyone...War Damn!

OL pass protection was abysmal. OL holding and false starts were also abysmal. People whined and complained about how awful our D is but they were a bright spot tonight. Sean played a helluva game for his first start, let's rally behind these guys and realize that this year will set us up for a big future.

Agreed. While theirs was excellent. To me, that was the biggest difference between the two teams.

White didn't have the time to throw downfield; Dak just had to wait for someone to get open.

Is Gus responsible for holding? What about a bad snap?.....oooh maybe a missed FG? Still no? Some of you are complete idiots on here. Still terrible effort by a few starters then you factor in a few mental mistakes and the rest is history. On a positive note white is a leader that this team needs. If the o line could actually provide some time to pass block maybe we could see some deep passes. They did however do a good job on run blocking. Another positive note no team in this conference is unbeatable so we should see continued improvement.

The O line is all four and give star guys! Every team in the country offered them and they choose AU!

So what happened? I'm sorry, no,excuses here! We should not, repeat not, be this bad!!

AGAIN....pay attention this time ok? Did Gus hold, miss a FG, not pick up the blitz, kick the ball out of bounds and so on? NO end of story. This team was in position to win today and imo should have won 28-17.

Who is the coach, leader, who is in charge?

I was disappointed in the O play calling tonight.

The D played a rough first half and an outstanding second half. We should never lose a game when we only give up 17 points.

White played a solid game.....for what little experience he has. Our running backs are very solid. It's mind boggling we couldn't stick one in for a TD tonight.

U F is starting two true freshman and playing three true freshmen on their O line and they beat U T today. On paper our O line is more experienced and better, so what is the problem!?

They won by a foot on a field goal. We lost by a couple of missed opportunities.

Again, we got some bad bounces and took some lumps but...

They. Did. Not. Stop. Fighting.

I really don't get how anyone can be less than encouraged.

You've given up on this team. Fine. Stop wearing your orange and blue.

I don't think they've given up on themselves - quite the contrary.

We've found some leaders.

I'm stoked about that.

For the rest of the season...

I'll take fighting and being in a game at the end and having a chance.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

If you don't see progress you're blind.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

I disagree britt, look at teams like Alabama and lsu. We recruit on par with them and they don't experience this the way we do. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Our guys look weak and slow-(especially on D) other than a few guys

I'm not saying we're performing up to our potential. But the fact is, it IS a rebuilding year -- this despite our excellent recruiting. I think we are now on the right track on D. But look at how many freshmen we're playing. I think there's a reason for that.

7 seasons and only 2 weren't considered young/rebuilding. With our recruiting I'm tired of that excuse. I personally think it's to try to not bash players or coaching staff which is fine. I'm saying we look slow and weak. Our oline has had time to be in the weight room and that performance was just sad. Our WR's aren't getting open, our LB's are still out of position way too much, and our secondary has given 10 yard cushions for 7 years now. I personally think we have a culture problem but that's just me. We don't know how to play with expectations, we don't know how to reload, and we don't know how to dominate and play with grit and it's frustrating. Other than guys like Sean, Peyton, and KJ I am very disappointed with this team

I agree there seems to be a culture problem. With guys like Tre Mason around, it wasn't as evident. I think Carl is the equivalent on D. The younger kids don't seem as affected by the bad culture, though. At least, it looks like the D is coming around.

Is Gus responsible for holding? What about a bad snap?.....oooh maybe a missed FG? Still no? Some of you are complete idiots on here. Still terrible effort by a few starters then you factor in a few mental mistakes and the rest is history. On a positive note white is a leader that this team needs. If the o line could actually provide some time to pass block maybe we could see some deep passes. They did however do a good job on run blocking. Another positive note no team in this conference is unbeatable so we should see continued improvement.

The O line is all four and give star guys! Every team in the country offered them and they choose AU!

So what happened? I'm sorry, no,excuses here! We should not, repeat not, be this bad!!

AGAIN....pay attention this time ok? Did Gus hold, miss a FG, not pick up the blitz, kick the ball out of bounds and so on? NO end of story. This team was in position to win today and imo should have won 28-17.

Your right....I forgot.....coach is playing every position as well. My bad.

Really thought the level of stupid had deminished on here but I am wrong

OL pass protection was abysmal. OL holding and false starts were also abysmal. People whined and complained about how awful our D is but they were a bright spot tonight. Sean played a helluva game for his first start, let's rally behind these guys and realize that this year will set us up for a big future.

Agreed. While theirs was excellent. To me, that was the biggest difference between the two teams.

White didn't have the time to throw downfield; Dak just had to wait for someone to get open.

Different defensive schemes....we rushed 4 most of the time.....MSU blitzed right and left and usually had more rushers than we had blockers....generally our OL was outnumbered by a couple players.....there is more to the issue that just the effort by the OL.....also have to consider that we split three or 4 players out beyond the blocking zone and ttheir LBs or CBs came in untouched.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

I disagree britt, look at teams like Alabama and lsu. We recruit on par with them and they don't experience this the way we do. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Our guys look weak and slow-(especially on D) other than a few guys

I'm not saying we're performing up to our potential. But the fact is, it IS a rebuilding year -- this despite our excellent recruiting. I think we are now on the right track on D. But look at how many freshmen we're playing. I think there's a reason for that.

7 seasons and only 2 weren't considered young/rebuilding. With our recruiting I'm tired of that excuse. I personally think it's to try to not bash players or coaching staff which is fine. I'm saying we look slow and weak. Our oline has had time to be in the weight room and that performance was just sad. Our WR's aren't getting open, our LB's are still out of position way too much, and our secondary has given 10 yard cushions for 7 years now. I personally think we have a culture problem but that's just me. We don't know how to play with expectations, we don't know how to reload, and we don't know how to dominate and play with grit and it's frustrating. Other than guys like Sean, Peyton, and KJ I am very disappointed with this team

I agree there seems to be a culture problem. With guys like Tre Mason around, it wasn't as evident. I think Carl is the equivalent on D. The younger kids don't seem as affected by the bad culture, though. At least, it looks like the D is coming around.

I agree with that Britt, u know I wasn't trying to brash with you. Just voicing my frustration lol

Winning masks a lot of deficiencies. Idk about 2013 but we had a lot in 2010 that were masked by cam and company. 2013 I just think we had a hungry group.

Obviously you know little to nothing about leadership, so why bother explaining it?

The stars don't always mean what we want them to mean. I agree that we shouldn't be this bad. But I also think we need to face the fact that we are and strive to get better.

Watch the replay and you may find our backs whiffed almost every time MSU blitzed. Slow developing and play action plays against blitzes is poor coaching. Going to see a bunch of it until/unless we can make them pay occasionally. The worst part of all this to me is why we are "Changing the culture" between 3rd and 4th game instead of the off-season like all successful programs. Except for conditioning, what was accomplished in Spring and Fall camps? What a waste!

I think no matter how much it sucks losing, and there is plenty of blame to share, any outlook that doesn't see today's game as a MAJOR improvement over last week is a fan I personally don't want to hang with...or know...or talk to.

Proud of the effort, and yes I realize that there's no awards for participation or moral victories. Accountability for losses and disappointment with results is expected. The true Auburn Man or Woman doesn't lose sight of the fight in the team.

Obviously you know little to nothing about leadership, so why bother explaining it?

Please go ahead and explain to me how a "better leader" is gonna make out guy make a FG or not whiff on a block or throw that 1 int or keep that guy from holding. Go ahead I'll be waiting. What I can tell you is the difference in leadership is what we saw at qb tonight.

War damn.

I agree with that Britt, u know I wasn't trying to brash with you. Just voicing my frustration lol

Winning masks a lot of deficiencies. Idk about 2013 but we had a lot in 2010 that were masked by cam and company. 2013 I just think we had a hungry group.

Oh, I know.

:cheers:

Oh yes, our last five Top Ten recruiting classes and millionaire coaches looked slightly better than the complete embarrassment of last week so we should be happy. Now I get it!

I was impressed with the Sean and the defense. What I am totally unimpressed with is the lack of courage and fight that Gus showed as a coach. Now if we were 3 and 0 and playing great my opinion would be different, but what the hell do u have to lose fgoing for it on 4th down in the first half inside the ten?? Even before that there was a 4th and 2 near midfield we punted on already down 14. Then, he calls for a field goal when the team and the crowd desperately wanted to go for it and a reason to cheer!!! So what does gus do? He takes the guy out that led th all the way down the field and puts in JJ!! So not only squandering a chance for Sean to build confidence but allows Miss St to substitute and then cll a timeout. THEN puts sean back in the game in the shotgun!!! What the heck is that?? Then Gus calls for a FG again when everyone on the offense and in attendance wants to go for it after the miss st turnover! You DO NOT WIN games doing that. Look how many times Miss St went for it on 4th!! They played to win. Gus failed this team today IMO.

Different defensive schemes....we rushed 4 most of the time.....MSU blitzed right and left and usually had more rushers than we had blockers....generally our OL was outnumbered by a couple players.....there is more to the issue that just the effort by the OL.....also have to consider that we split three or 4 players out beyond the blocking zone and ttheir LBs or CBs came in untouched.

Well we should have at least adjusted for it. With a virgin QB I should think we would have expected blitzes.

Sean played pretty well considering the pressure they put on him.

The stars don't always mean what we want them to mean. I agree that we shouldn't be this bad. But I also think we need to face the fact that we are and strive to get better.

Watch the replay and you may find our backs whiffed almost every time MSU blitzed. Slow developing and play action plays against blitzes is poor coaching. Going to see a bunch of it until/unless we can make them pay occasionally. The worst part of all this to me is why we are "Changing the culture" between 3rd and 4th game instead of the off-season like all successful programs. Except for conditioning, what was accomplished in Spring and Fall camps? What a waste!

I agree with you, essentially. Have already noted the whiffs from even our good blocking backs. 64 pointed out a lot of the reasons, above.

Bad play calls against the D we were facing were there, for sure.

And I'm sympathetic to the claim that the culture change should have taken place over the offseason, too.

It's easier to see whether one agrees or not when someone articulates their complaints as clearly as you did.

Well we should have at least adjusted for it. With a virgin QB I should think we would have expected blitzes.

Sean played pretty well considering the pressure they put on him.

Why use the word virgin? Lol, wonder if they'll ask Sean that at a press conference like they did Tebow.

I hate losing but...

1. We found our QB in Sean White

2. We have a full stable of RBs

3. Muschamp still has that defensive magic

4. The youth movement on D is correct

^agree. There was a spark on offense and the defense played with passion. I liked seeing Sean's frustration after a bad play or when he got sacked, it shows he cares and I feel this will build trust with his teammates.

Agree on all points. Play calling and non-existent play makers still baffle me. Duke, Melvin Ray, Ricardo Louis all need more targets. Where was Jovon? Where was Kerryon in the 2nd half. The wheel route was missing. The jet sweep was missing. The WR Bubble Screen, that I don't like, was gone also. Not one TE/HBack splitting the seam. WDE!!

Archived