*** Auburn vs. Miss. St. Postgame Thread ***

looney

For the rest of the season...

I'll take fighting and being in a game at the end and having a chance.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

If you don't see progress you're blind.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

Yes, please make no mistake:

I'm not making excuses.

I've just accepted that this year's team isn't going to be world beaters and we need to grow.

We did that tonight, albeit in a loss.

Don't be that "bench everyone" fan.

Coaches played underclassmen tonight - like most of you were calling for, I might add - and there were growing pains.

Deal with it in your own way, but don't go overboard.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one word comes to mind when discussing Auburn football for me...EMBARRASSMENT. Sorry, flame away, but that's the only description I can come up with.

Yes, I'm still a fan.

Yes, I'll be wearing O&B next weekend.

Yes, I love Auburn.

BUT...YES, I'm also honest.

I'm not sure if I saw progress, or just less regression. I admire your optimism, but this is a bad football team.

1. We have zero downfield passing game. Difficult to explain this. I've seen pee wee teams that had more vertical game than we do.

2. O and D line are both terrible. Thought the running game looked ok, but in pass coverage we struggle. D line plays chest bumps. Pitiful performance.

3. I thought White looked good. Not much he can do with no time to throw.

4. Play calling is a hodge podge of crap.

5. If I was a WR no way I would sign with us right now.

6. Very concerned about coaching right now. Talk about talent all you want, but we signed the same players that are recruited by many other teams in the SEC. It's not a talent issue. If MSU is out talenting us, guess what...its STILL a coaching issue.

We're in a rebuilding year and we didn't know it. Fine. Let's stay behind these guys and not make stupid comments on message boards. Really disappointed in lot of y'all after flipping through the game thread.

War damn.

I see progress with white especially, but I'm tired of the young/rebuilding excuse. We recruit well enough to reload, other teams do it so why not us? We just look so much weaker and slower than so many other programs it's not even funny.

I agree with looney. It's not really an excuse. It's just the way it is. And most of us had way too high expectations.

I disagree britt, look at teams like Alabama and lsu. We recruit on par with them and they don't experience this the way we do. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Our guys look weak and slow-(especially on D) other than a few guys

I saw the effort. But where was Ricardo Louis all game? He is the only deep threat we have. Gus needs to give his team a chance to win. He's clearly not. Will the real Gus Malzahn please stand up? Also our season is over. The only thing we play for now is bragging rights

Muschamp did what he had to do. Took a TON of young guys and held state to 17. We had 4 75+ yard drives and only scored 9. Gotta score in the red zone. Oh well. I was pleasantly surprised with Sean White. He looked like Aaron Murray to me. Very efficient and can run enough to survive. It was mostly his fault in the red zone but I can't blame him considering the situation he was thrown into. He may be OK. Hopefully we stick with him a little while anyway.

I can definitely see the Aaron Murray comparison. Hope the Offensive line starts playing up to the talent that's there

The team got a lot better. They showed fight. Kentucky and SJSU coming up. We're clearly not a good team but I'm feeling better than I was.

Agree...we lost 25+ players from last year and some folks including some coaches just got waaay too optimistic about JJ ...and thus too optimistic about what the team would accomplish this year.

Might be wrong but I think some folks here are underestimating MSU.....we will know more in a few weeks I guess.

The team got a lot better. They showed fight. Kentucky and SJSU coming up. We're clearly not a good team but I'm feeling better than I was.

True we're not good, but if we dont trick ourselves (you don't need reverses when your O is working) and killing ourselves (penalties, TO issue may be fixed with White) we can still get a bowl. UK Arky and freebies with SJ and Idaho are out there. Granted, UK is looking better than us.

We have some promise on O when we don't screw up and D might be showing up. Good game against Miss st tonight and UL and Jack st only had 20s in points. We just need to play our game. K.I.S.S Keep it simple stupid

I hate losing but...

1. We found our QB in Sean White

2. We have a full stable of RBs

3. Muschamp still has that defensive magic

4. The youth movement on D is correct

^agree. There was a spark on offense and the defense played with passion. I liked seeing Sean's frustration after a bad play or when he got sacked, it shows he cares and I feel this will build trust with his teammates.

The team as a whole improved. The Oline went in the damn tank and got worse and worse and worse. They should all watch the next game from the sideline. 2 games into the SEC and nothing left to play for. Another year like this and Gus won't be here.

I was glad to see the D respond this game instead of fold. We can atleast hope for the PapaJohns bowl. Any hopes higher than that are delusional. This is not a rebuilding year. Talent wise we should be, and we're for a reason...top 10. No excuse for the Oline play tonight. I'd run those guys til they look like linebackers. Everyone on the team answered the call tonight except for that group and this loss is solely on them. No play calling can overcome a line that won't even give the QB time to do a play fake. If we had last years Oline, we win this game. These guys don't hold a candle to JSUs Oline, let alone any other SEC line.

Oh yes five straight top ten recruiting classes, one of the highest paid coaches staffs in the NCAA, with another SEC loss, this one at home, and a overtime win vs Jax St. Allot to be positive about.

Why is this a rebuilding year? Sure, the D is going to go through some changes. Everybody knew that. But AU has been recruiting pretty well. There is no reason that one or two players being out on either offense or defense should have such a disastrous effect on this team. What gives?

We were not far off from winning the game if you think of the 14 points left off from 2 red zone trips. 23-17. Even if the first pass was intercepted on opening drive, an extra 7 points would have put a lot more pressure on MSU earlier. Defense played well second half. Kudos to Carlson bouncing back with the long FG at the end. I am more frustrated than upset on this game. We can still have a fun season. SW will take us places with the heart and composure he showed. My one point of criticism is on receivers that do not help a QB by dropping passes, especially the one deep pass across the middle when we desperately needed to open it up. Ray played great.

Only one word comes to mind when discussing Auburn football for me...EMBARRASSMENT. Sorry, flame away, but that's the only description I can come up with.

Yes, I'm still a fan.

Yes, I'll be wearing O&B next weekend.

Yes, I love Auburn.

BUT...YES, I'm also honest.

You're gonna wait until next weekend to wear O&B?

<_<

Why is this a rebuilding year? Sure, the D is going to go through some changes. Everybody knew that. But AU has been recruiting pretty well. There is no reason that one or two players being out on either offense or defense should have such a disastrous effect on this team. What gives?

This. The problem is the HC who is supposed to be an O genius.

wde

War damn.

I disagree britt, look at teams like Alabama and lsu. We recruit on par with them and they don't experience this the way we do. There's absolutely no excuse for it. Our guys look weak and slow-(especially on D) other than a few guys

I'm not saying we're performing up to our potential. But the fact is, it IS a rebuilding year -- this despite our excellent recruiting. I think we are now on the right track on D. But look at how many freshmen we're playing. I think there's a reason for that.

Improvement?Auburn just lost to Miss St again, what do you think a real opponent will do to this team? The updykes and leghumpers can name thier scores.

Yeah, UGA and Bama should kill us

Maybe Gus should let Sean lead us to the goal line, then pull him and put JJ in, then after. Moo St time-out, put Sean back in.... Yeah, that's it, why didn't Gus do that?

Is Gus responsible for holding? What about a bad snap?.....oooh maybe a missed FG? Still no? Some of you are complete idiots on here. Still terrible effort by a few starters then you factor in a few mental mistakes and the rest is history. On a positive note white is a leader that this team needs. If the o line could actually provide some time to pass block maybe we could see some deep passes. They did however do a good job on run blocking. Another positive note no team in this conference is unbeatable so we should see continued improvement.

Archived