Another mass shooting at a college campus

tgr4lfe

How they got their guns.

http://www.nytimes.c...their-guns.html

"Criminal histories and documented mental health problems did not prevent at least eight of the gunmen in 14 recent mass shootings from obtaining their weapons, after federal background checks led to approval of the purchases of the guns used."

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actor James Woods: 'Hate Crime Massacre of Christians Finally Silences Obama'

Who in hell cares about what James Woods tweets? :-\

Apparently someone does, as it made the news and was trending on Facebook.

Actor James Woods: 'Hate Crime Massacre of Christians Finally Silences Obama'

Actor James Woods, who often takes to Twitter to express political views, has been using the forum to comment on the yesterday's murders at Umpqua Community College in Oregon.

26 year-old gunman Chris Harper Mercer opened fire on the campus on Thursday, killing nine people and wounding seven. Mercer reportedly singled out Christians for death by asking the religion of potential victims before firing on them. Mercer was then shot and killed by law enforcement.

In a series of tweets on October 2, Woods argued that because the victims were Christian, both President Obama and the media would lose interest in the story.

"NY Times writes a front page story about a hate massacre targeting Christians without using the word 'Christians,'" Woods tweeted, linking to story in the New York Times. Then: "If it is determined that the Oregon shooter targeted Christians specifically, that's the last we will hear of it on MSM [mainstream media]."

Woods then tweeted about President Obama's potential reaction to the crime: "Now that it is recognized that the terrible Oregon tragedy was an assault on Christians, will the President still sing Amazing Grace there?" Finally Woods tweeted a picture of the president with the comment: "Hate crime massacre of Christians finally silences Obama. #LiberalLaryngitis."

Cleanup in aisle derp :rolleyes:

You disagree w/ James Wood's honest and accurate comments, and that somehow equates to " aisle derp " ?

Nonsensical.

You disagree w/ James Wood's honest and accurate comments, and that somehow equates to " aisle derp " ?

Nonsensical.

Woods is not a stupid individual, but he sure sounds like it sometimes.

Nonsensical.

Smarter than Obama.

Everything James Woods said was spot on and accurate. I don't see how anyone can call that sounding stupid.

Nonsensical.

Smarter than Obama.

James Woods said was spot on and accurate. I don't see how anyone can call that sounding stupid.

According to your twisted worldview.

So you are saying that the NYT did report the killer targeting Christians? Did they also state his preference for the Left Hand Path?

http://insider.foxne...force-necessary

MY conservative friends on facebook are all jerking off over this link. this is interesting but if we were all required to do the following wouldn't teachers have much less need to be strapped in class? ."Gun-toting teachers must have and maintain a handgun license; pass a psychological evaluation; and undergo firearms and emergency response training."

http://insider.foxne...force-necessary

MY conservative friends on facebook are all jerking off over this link. this is interesting but if we were all required to do the following wouldn't teachers have much less need to be strapped in class? ."Gun-toting teachers must have and maintain a handgun license; pass a psychological evaluation; and undergo firearms and emergency response training."

Who knows? :dunno:

But we sure as hell don't want to fund any research to find out. <_<

Look, just getting back to my earlier question...I don't care about ideology here. I support gun ownership. I own guns myself. But looking at this graphic, I simply ask one question: What do we need to do to make our stats match or beat these countries. I don't want excuses, I want ideas.

11930746_671165486317614_1036681546252576810_o.png

The biggest difference in the US is the use of guns, mostly hand guns to commit murders in inner city areas. If we get rid of that killing, the US starts to look like Canada and Northern European countries.

The biggest other difference with Canada is that a gun owner must have a license to legally buy and keep firearms and must renew the license every 5 years.

So the real question is how do we fix inner cities? The gun homicide rate is three times worse in the District of Columbia than the rest of the US and 20 times worse than all of Canada. The District of Columbia is completely controlled by the Federal government.

Our government has been unable to control the movement of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants in this country. They can't control illegal firearms either.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/

More empty snarking. Nothing about my view of the world is 'twisted '. You have nothing of substance to offer which supports your position here.

Look, just getting back to my earlier question...I don't care about ideology here. I support gun ownership. I own guns myself. But looking at this graphic, I simply ask one question: What do we need to do to make our stats match or beat these countries. I don't want excuses, I want ideas.

The biggest difference in the US is the use of guns, mostly hand guns to commit murders in inner city areas. If we get rid of that killing, the US starts to look like Canada and Northern European countries.

The biggest other difference with Canada is that a gun owner must have a license to legally buy and keep firearms and must renew the license every 5 years.

So the real question is how do we fix inner cities? The gun homicide rate is three times worse in the District of Columbia than the rest of the US and 20 times worse than all of Canada. The District of Columbia is completely controlled by the Federal government.

Our government has been unable to control the movement of illegal drugs and illegal immigrants in this country. They can't control illegal firearms either.

That doesn't address the issue of mass shootings.

More empty snarking. Nothing about my view of the world is 'twisted '. You have nothing of substance to offer which supports your position here.

Yeah. Since when do people with twisted world views admit to it. :rolleyes:

Neither will an executive order or another unenforceable gun law.

11930746_671165486317614_1036681546252576810_o.png

Democrats don't want to fix inner cities no more than Republicans want to fix poor southerners.

Well, how about let's starting with simply recognizing we have a problem?

We have a people problem, not a gun problem. This nation has close to 89 million guns in it. Try "fixing" that.

abortion, absent fathers, and Muslims and homos are the problem. How did you miss that. Not guns

We have a people problem, not a gun problem. This nation has close to 89 million guns in it. Try "fixing" that.

You've become quite the nihilist haven't you?

You've become quite the nihilist haven't you?

On the contrary. I believe my gun protects me as a traditional right given to me by the COTUS. If you can't recognize the real problem that's on you. ;)

Dunno if it has been pointed about about titantigers picture.

But it is misleading, picking and choosing countries to compare USA with.

In murders we are WAAAAYYYYYY down the list. Even in attacks with firearms we are not a top 10.

Also, cool FYI if ya take out a few select cities for firearms attacks USA drops to near the bottom :lol:

Archived