Another mass shooting at a college campus

tgr4lfe

Not good! What is wrong with people?!? More and more the "gun free zones" will have to be analyzed, imo. I worked campus safety/security, so I have/had a perspective, but now, I don't know. Maybe it is time to look at opening these GFZs to legal carry permit holders??

DEVELOPING -- Local authorities and media are reporting at least seven people are dead -- with reports of up to 15 -- in a shooting Thursday at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Ore. SWAT teams reportedly are moving building-to-building, but the Douglas County sheriff is telling Fox News that there no longer is an active threat.

Related Image

Umpqua-Community-College-gmaps.jpg?ve=1&tl=1Expand / Contract

Roseburg is about 180 miles south of Portland. (Google Maps)

Here's what we know as of 3:32 p.m.:

• Authorities told Fox News they responded to a report of a shooting Thursday at around 10:38 a.m. local time.
  • A Douglas County Board Assistant said preliminary reports indicated at least 15 people are dead, according to Reuters.
  • Oregon State Police Lt. Bill Fugate told KATU-TV at least seven are dead and 20 are injured.
  • Authorities confirmed multiple casualties to The Associated Press and the local fire district also tweeted that there were "multiple casualties" but did not elaborate.
  • A Douglas County Sheriff's Dept. spokesperson said multiple assets were on site and EMS was on the scene.
  • The ATF said on Twitter that it had special agents on the scene.
  • Students and faculty members are being bused to the Douglas County Fairgrounds and can be picked up there.
  • Mercy Medical Center said in a Facebook posting that it had received nine patients from the shooting and three more were on the way.

The Mercy Medical Center posting urged readers to "Please continue to pray."

A photographer for the Roseburg News-Review newspaper said he saw people being loaded into multiple ambulances and taken to the local hospital.

"They've currently had four buses absolutely packed to the gills, full of students and teachers who have come out of the campus driveway," Marilyn Kittelman told Fox News. Kittelman is the mother of a student at the school and a former Douglas County Commissioner.

She added: "I also got to talk to one young lady who was in a classroom, and she literally ran from the campus. We talked to her at the end of the road, which is probably three-quarters of a mile long. She was crying, and said she wasn't waiting around to be rescued. She was leaving."

Students are running everywhere. Holy God.

— Kayla Marie (@KP_KaylaMarie)
October 1, 2015

Roseburg is a city of about 22,000 people located about 70 miles south of Eugene and about 180 miles south of Portland.

Umpqua Community College has about 3,000 students. Its website was down Thursday, and a phone message left at the school wasn't immediately returned.

"Today's shooting in Roseburg is a heartbreaking tragedy, and my thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families," Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-OR, said in a statement. "I want to extend my deepest gratitude to Roseburg's first responders for their work in responding to the event. Once we know more about what happened today, I plan to work with my colleagues in Congress to find ways to prevent tragedies such as these."

Oregon Sen. Jeff Merkley also released a statement on the shooting.

"I am absolutely heartbroken by today's news," Merkley said. "I have been in touch with local officials to express my deepest condolences and offer my assistance in any way possible and I will continue to monitor this tragedy and its response.

"The hearts and thoughts of all Oregonians are with the victims, their families and the entire UCC and Roseburg communities."

The rural town of Roseburg lies west of the Cascade Mountains. The timber industry has struggled there, and authorities in recent years have tried to promote the area as a tourist destination for wine growing and outdoor activities.

"It's extremely concerning and sad," said Endi Hartigan, spokeswoman for the Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/01/oregon-cops-respond-to-report-shooter-at-community-college/?intcmp=hpbt1

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect more calls for gun control and less for the ending of GFZ.

Apparently the shooter was online last night and contemplating doing something like this. Reports are that the cops knew about the guy, and yet this still happened.

According to the AP, he was asking students to stand up and state their religion then shooting them. Some chatter online says he was targeting Christians but that is unconfirmed.

According to the AP, he was asking students to stand up and state their religion then shooting them. Some chatter online says he was targeting Christians but that is unconfirmed.

I'm sure the msm would tell us if that were the case

<_<

Though I recall the Columbine shooters did something similar to one victim.

Not good! What is wrong with people?!? More and more the "gun free zones" will have to be analyzed, imo. I worked campus safety/security, so I have/had a perspective, but now, I don't know. Maybe it is time to look at opening these GFZs to legal carry permit holders??

Was not a gun free zone.

Students who have proper paperwork are allowed to carry guns on campus. Oregon is one of seven states where lawmakers have said people with concealed weapons permits must be allowed to bring concealed weapons onto campus.

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2015/10/where_is_roseburg_oregon_what.html

Only seen Kortney Moore report that and no other student so far.

If the social media thing is right then he warned people on a message board that seems to have started for fans of anime and carries over into pop culture. Motives would be considered a "Beta Uprising", meaning attack the alpha's or those that consider themselves superior to you. Warns people (regardless of religion) to not go to school and gets all kind of advice on who to kill and how to kill them.

https://imgur.com/tDxuCsA?desktop=1

Story about that image here:

http://www.msn.com/e...edia/ar-AAf16zH

It could also be good ole retaliation also, as Alex Skarlotos was taking class there at some point according to one of the main tv news stations (can't remember which I had it on at the time).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3256633/Shooter-Oregon-community-college-kills-15-people-campus.html

Anything else known about the shooter? Sounds like an ISIS attack.

The Brit press as usual has details quicker.

The gunman who opened fire on students at Umpqua Community College has been identified as 26-year-old Chris Harper-Mercer according to law enforcement sources.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3256633/Shooter-Oregon-community-college-kills-15-people-campus.html

Apparently the shooter was online last night and contemplating doing something like this. Reports are that the cops knew about the guy, and yet this still happened.

According to reports I heard he (or someone) just said no one should go to school in the Northwest. That covers a lot of territory.

Shooter described himself as "conservative, Republican." Says he "doesn't like organized religion." Had an e-mail address called "ironcross45@gmail.com."

Still early to tell, but that screams white separatist.

Shooter described himself as "conservative, Republican." Says he "doesn't like organized religion." Had an e-mail address called "ironcross45@gmail.com."

Mixed signals though. Saw "left-hand path" on his dating profile. That screams Satanist/cultist.

The guy was simply bat**** insane.

Here's the profile:

screen-shot-2015-10-01-at-9-18-25-pm.jpg

Mixed signals though. Saw "left-hand path" on his dating profile. That screams Satanist/cultist.

No doubt!

He posted on 4chan he was going to do it, told other 4chan browsers not to go to school if they lived in the northwest.

At the same time, there's idiots from around the world claiming that they are going to do crap like this on that site every day, so people don't take it seriously.

He looks mixed in his pics, no flag waving pics have surfaced.

So this is gonna be an anti-gun newspiece.

Then again, quite a few mentions of him shooting Christians in the head, but wounding or leaving alone atheists... So this is gonna be an anti-gun newspiece.

Then again, quite a few mentions of him shooting Christians in the head, but wounding or leaving alone atheists... So this is gonna be an anti-gun newspiece.

You are right on. Obama wasted no time giving a ridiculous speech about gun control. He should have added something about what is going on in the ME but he is silent on that topic.

You are right on. Obama wasted no time giving a ridiculous speech about gun control. He should have added something about what is going on in the ME but he is silent on that topic.

From the clip I watched, he called for a "dialogue" on stricter gun regulations

Watch the whole thing if you get a chance. He clearly admitted it is now a political issue. He was very impassioned. A dialogue with him on this topic would be difficult if not impossible. IMHO gun control would not have stopped today's incident.

Here's the profile:

screen-shot-2015-10-01-at-9-18-25-pm.jpg

Doubt it is Satanism. My understanding is that they consider themselves religious. From this I will stick with the Beta Uprising. Organized religion fits perfectly into it due to the judgements and superiority that some can exhibit.

If you get the chance watch the whole speech. I'm not sure anyone could have a dialogue with him right now. He spent a lot of time passionately pooh poohing gun control advocates.

And on the other side people started attacking and blaming "gun free zones" right off the bat and didn't even realize that this didn't occur in a gun free zone lol. People interviewed on news stations, political blogs and websites.

We can speculate that gun control wouldn't have stopped this, but we know for a fact that conceal carry definitely did not stop this.

And on the other side people started attacking and blaming "gun free zones" right off the bat and didn't even realize that this didn't occur in a gun free zone lol. People interviewed on news stations, political blogs and websites.

We can speculate that gun control wouldn't have stopped this, but we know for a fact that conceal carry definitely did not stop this.

Yeah, it was easy to assume that an Oregon college campus would be that way, but it wasn't the case.

Of course concealed carry only works if people actually carry.

Archived