Another mass shooting at a college campus

tgr4lfe

And on the other side people started attacking and blaming "gun free zones" right off the bat and didn't even realize that this didn't occur in a gun free zone lol. People interviewed on news stations, political blogs and websites.

We can speculate that gun control wouldn't have stopped this, but we know for a fact that conceal carry definitely did not stop this.

Yeah, it was easy to assume that an Oregon college campus would be that way, but it wasn't the case.

Of course concealed carry only works if people actually carry.

Interestingly, Oregon's state laws pretty much preclude gun free zones. Who'd have thunk it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CNN reporting...

Before going into spinal surgery, Anastasia Boylan told her father and brother the gunman entered her classroom firing. The professor in the classroom was shot point blank. Others were hit, she told her family.

Everyone in the classroom dropped to the ground.

The gunman, while reloading his handgun, ordered the students to stand up if they were Christians, Boylan told her family.

"And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because you're a Christian, you're going to see God in just about one second,'" Boylan's father, Stacy, told CNN, relaying her account.

"And then he shot and killed them."

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

And on the other side people started attacking and blaming "gun free zones" right off the bat and didn't even realize that this didn't occur in a gun free zone lol. People interviewed on news stations, political blogs and websites.

We can speculate that gun control wouldn't have stopped this, but we know for a fact that conceal carry definitely did not stop this.

Yeah, it was easy to assume that an Oregon college campus would be that way, but it wasn't the case.

Of course concealed carry only works if people actually carry.

Well if you are going to go on the news and claim this and that, and then write news blogs and claim this and that.... then you should get it right. Since they are claiming themselves as professionals. People fail literature papers and exams for making easy assumptions at Auburn all the time (as well as other courses).

Couple students on campus were interviewed that were carrying at the time also.

Point is as much as people will claim this is a gun control argument, just as many will jump in claiming it is a gun free zone argument.

CNN reporting...

Before going into spinal surgery, Anastasia Boylan told her father and brother the gunman entered her classroom firing. The professor in the classroom was shot point blank. Others were hit, she told her family.

Everyone in the classroom dropped to the ground.

The gunman, while reloading his handgun, ordered the students to stand up if they were Christians, Boylan told her family.

"And they would stand up and he said, 'Good, because you're a Christian, you're going to see God in just about one second,'" Boylan's father, Stacy, told CNN, relaying her account.

"And then he shot and killed them."

http://www.cnn.com/2...ting/index.html

Wouldn't surprise me to be honest. Like I said if the social media thing is right then he was doing a beta uprising thing, and Christians with judgement and sense of superiority (doesn't like organized religion) would play right into that. Hell, they even tell the guy in the posts on that board to be selective and not open fire on everyone randomly.

I will have zero issue admitting I'm wrong if I am, but I really doubt this was just a Christians did nothing to me I disagree with their beliefs I'm going to go kill them today shooting.

I don't necessarily get that sense either. I'm unsure of what his full motives are and if that meant specifically targeting Christians or that they were just one group among several he had it out for as some symbol of the "alphas."

Shooter described himself as "conservative, Republican." Says he "doesn't like organized religion." Had an e-mail address called "ironcross45@gmail.com."

Still early to tell, but that screams white separatist.

Mixed signals though. Saw "left-hand path" on his dating profile. That screams Satanist/cultist.

The guy was simply bat**** insane.

Here's the profile:

screen-shot-2015-10-01-at-9-18-25-pm.jpg

Doubt it is Satanism. My understanding is that they consider themselves religious. From this I will stick with the Beta Uprising. Organized religion fits perfectly into it due to the judgements and superiority that some can exhibit.

Care to elaborate on this one?

He said "i" 28 times in a 12 minute talk....He was his usual condescending self. His answer to every problem...more incompetent gov't control of everyone so we can prevent .0000001% criminally insane from committing a heinous act.

Sounds like the shooter was as black as Obama. Mixed race & all. But does this make him " white " , like George Zimmerman was a " white-Hispanic "?

Sounds like the shooter was as black as Obama. Mixed race & all. But does this make him " white " , like George Zimmerman was a " white-Hispanic "?

What is the point of this observation?

He said "i" 28 times in a 12 minute talk....He was his usual condescending self. His answer to every problem...more incompetent gov't control of everyone so we can prevent .0000001% criminally insane from committing a heinous act.

That same narcissistic traits that we saw with Bill Clinton, John Kerry ..." Me, I, ",etc... That's how these people think. Everything they do is geared to promote themselves and put them above anything else. Something is great because they are involved.

That's probably one reason why Obama didn't want to go to Paris after the Charlie Hebdo shootings. He would've been just another face in the crowd. He's got other things to do which are more important, obviously.

In great contrast, I think of how George W. Bush gave a eulogy for Ronald Reagan. Not once did George use the word " I ". It was all about President Reagan. As it should be.

That same narcissistic traits that we saw with Bill Clinton, John Kerry ..." Me, I, ",etc... That's how these people think. Everything they do is geared to promote themselves and put them above anything else. Something is great because they are involved.

That's probably one reason why Obama didn't want to go to Paris after the Charlie Hebdo shootings. He would've been just another face in the crowd. He's got other things to do which are more important, obviously.

In great contrast, I think of how George W. Bush gave a eulogy for Ronald Reagan. Not once did George use the word " I ". It was all about President Reagan. As it should be.

Oh, I see. Nice segue.

Some facts:

Per the FBI

• 1% of US murders are classified as "mass murders" (involving 4 victims or more).
  • Fifteen percent (ie., 15%) of the 1% are mass killings like Newtown or what happened yesterday.
  • So, .0001 of all murders are murders in the US are like Roseburg
  • The 85% of the 1%, happen mostly within families (breakups, family arguments, etc.).
  • Guns account for 75% of the mass killing deaths.
  • In the gun related mass killings; 18% used a rifle of some kind... 73% used a handgun. The balance a shotgun.
  • The other 25% of mass killings used knifes, baseball bats, other blunt force trama, fire, etc.
  • The peoples republic of Kalifornia is responsible to the highest number of mass killings...they have the most stringent gun control laws of any state...extending to the classically mis-identified assault weapon and magazine ban.

The US homicide rate has nothing to do with mass killings. The cities driving the US murder rate are as follows in no particular order (again, thanks to the FBI with murder rates over 18 per 100,000):

Stockton, CA

Detroit, MI...#1 by a landslide with over 55 murders per 100k

St. Louis, MO

Kansas City, MO

Newark, NJ

New York City, NY

Baltimore, MA

Chicago, IL

Buffalo, NY

Memphis, TN

Oakland, CA

New Orleans ... a very close #2 to Detroit @53

What do these places have in common and when is His Worship going to come out and have a serious discussion about dealing with these causes?

I've been thinking about this all day. I'd like to hear some civil input on this. I'm not hinting at gun control ala Britain or Canada. I'm just trying to understand this.

My question:

What is it about the United States that this country has so many of these incidents? What about this culture makes gun violence so prevalent?

I've been thinking about this all day. I'd like to hear some civil input on this. I'm not hinting at gun control ala Britain or Canada. I'm just trying to understand this.

My question:

What is it about the United States that this country has so many of these incidents? What about this culture makes gun violence so prevalent?

I think that kids are now raised with an entitlement mentality. Their parents teach them that they are the most important being that ever existed. When these kids go into the real world that doesn't care a speck about their needs then the kids spin out of control. Guns make them feel powerful. They decide that they don't want to live anymore and they try to go out in a blaze of glory.

I realize that is a simplistic answer, and if parents in other countries have also abandoned their responsibilities and don't raise their kids to be productive adults, then my theory is crap. It is my belief that China and Japan and India have a MUCH stronger family unit, and would thus have far less deviant behavior like mass shootings. I don't know about European countries.

My question:

It's a multi-facet set of circumstances but the basic tenant in my opinion is the fracturing of our moral judgement and standards. No law will stop evil or sick minded people from doing harm but a transformation of society would reduce it drastically. I don't think there's one or two answers to that question to be totally honest, but the root cause of these shootings.......evil intent mixed with some type of retribution towards society in general.

I think that you both are right as to some of the cause. But my question is the same as Grumps...then are parents in our society doing a much poorer job of instilling civil values into our children than parents in Canada, England, Germany, etc?

My question:

See the stats above. This is not a big mystery. Admitting the real problem is a threat to the democrat party.

I think that you both are right as to some of the cause. But my question is the same as Grumps...then are parents in our society doing a much poorer job of instilling civil values into our children than parents in Canada, England, Germany, etc?

#1 it is very hard to compare our society with anyone else in the world. We are unlike anything, anywhere. We the most diverse group of people on the planet. With that comes a set of challenges a lot of countries do not face.

#2 we are losing our moral "edge". Fractured families and the me, me, me attitudes have all but singled out our own desires....and have created carelessness as a result.

I say "we" but I hope you know what I mean in general. This country isn't into "family" any more. .

Shooter described himself as "conservative, Republican." Says he "doesn't like organized religion." Had an e-mail address called "ironcross45@gmail.com."

Still early to tell, but that screams white separatist.

Mixed signals though. Saw "left-hand path" on his dating profile. That screams Satanist/cultist.

The guy was simply bat**** insane.

Here's the profile:

screen-shot-2015-10-01-at-9-18-25-pm.jpg

Doubt it is Satanism. My understanding is that they consider themselves religious. From this I will stick with the Beta Uprising. Organized religion fits perfectly into it due to the judgements and superiority that some can exhibit.

Care to elaborate on this one?

Not sure what there is to elaborate on. I posted the 4chan screen capture earlier, which he and others discuss a beta uprising and uses the beta uprising avatar. Beta uprising are those that feel they have been unfairly treated by society (normies, chads, and stacys) and take vengeance and glory or some BS like that on them the through violence.

Satanism is considered an organized religion. He doesn't like organized religion.

Like it or not, admit it or not, there are many Christians that can be incredibly judgmental and display a sense of superiority based on them being Christian and will be the dominate religion in the US. The individuals supporting him in the 4chan actually provide feedback like don't just kill randomly to send a message. He obviously considered the fellow posters as he stated they were alright and warned them not to go to school in the Northwest the next day.

The guy wanted to leave a mark, be known, and make the news.

This is if the shooter is the 4chan poster. Possible he could be just a reader and carried it out, or just coincidence.

Archived