Crowe: Winning culture "not sustainable" with JUCO players

alabamabrown14

I see the negatives and positives to going the juco route. I think it's important on a rebuilding job to get juco players as temporary band-aids. Or even when you are just really thin at a certain position. But once the roster starts filling out relying less and less on juco guys is probably ideal. You want guys growing within the program to be able to establish the culture you want.

We have just been super duper fortunate lately with Cam, Fairley, CAP, and Nick Marshall. I don't know if that speaks to recruiting or the development of the kids we are getting from HS though.

A big difference is these are not true JUCO recruits. They were 4* and 5* guys out of HS who chose to or had to go JUCO for a year or two. So there was no question about their talent. Some of the JUCOs we are looking at either didn't get a big-time offer or maybe just couldn't cut it at their first stop.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I've always looked to Crowe for the real scoup around the SEC.

And well you should...he probably has more years of coaching experience in the SEC than any active coach other than Saban.

And well you should...he probably has more years of coaching experience in the SEC than any active coach other than Saban.

Spurrier says hi

Spurrier says hi

Well I listen to him too....but since Pondscum has no coaching experience in the SEC, people should totally discount anything he has to say about the SEC.

JUCO transfer is just additional recruiting.

That said, if you keep having to do it for the same positions year after year, then something could be wrong with your HS prospect evaluation, HS recruiting, or your talent development.

Depending on how Jeremy/Sean does and how much faith Gus wants to put on Woody, we might be recruiting our third JUCO QB this half decade....

Archived