Florida vs. Georgia

WarTiger

Surprised there isn't a thread on this game already. late 3rd quarter...Florida leads 20-3.. Florida just had a player ejected for targeting. Watching the replay several times, and I don't at all think it was targeting. What it was, was a blindsided block, IE: a hit on a defenseless player. It should have been flagged as a personal foul but I don't agree with it being called targeting.

Here's the rule reference on defenseless player:

Note 2: Defenseless player (Rule 2-27-14):

• A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass.

• A receiver attempting to catch a forward pass or in position to receive a

backward pass, or one who has completed a catch and has not had time

to protect himself or has not clearly become a ball carrier.

• A kicker in the act of or just after kicking a ball, or during the kick or the

return.

• A kick returner attempting to catch or recover a kick, or one who has

completed a catch or recovery and has not had time to protect himself or

has not clearly become a ball carrier..

• A player on the ground.

• A player obviously out of the play.

• A player who receives a blind-side block.

• A ball carrier already in the grasp of an opponent and whose forward

progress has been stopped.

• A quarterback any time after a change of possession.

florida just got an interception off a tipped pass in their own endzone. touchback for florida. One of Georgia's few opportunities to get it in the endzone and they turn it over. crap.

I'd really hate to be a Georgia fan right now

Well I'm loving it. Go Gators

As am I. The logical arguments are there to keep Richt, but I just don't know how much longer Georgia will be able to take the disappointment.

I'd really hate to be a Georgia fan right now

Well I'm loving it. Go Gators

As am I. The logical arguments are there to keep Richt, but I just don't know how much longer Georgia will be able to take the disappointment.

Sometimes it's not how many games you lose but who you lose them to. UGA losing to the gators probably counts as 3 losses for many UGa fans.

Live in Ga for 15 years and you will hate the dogs worst. And I've lived in Fl even longer...............woof woof woof

Well, I'll never live in Georgia for any reason and will always detest florida. My top 3 most hated: uat, florida state and florida. That will never change.

Go to a UGA/AU game in Athens and be in a wheelchair after an AU win and the a holes are going woof woof and trying to get you into a fight. True story a frickin wheelchair. Was in a wheelchair due to two hip replacements at the time.

I suspect that this game just ended Richt's tenure at UGA. The entire dawg nation is fed up with him. I'm just hoping they don't announce his departure before the season is over. UGA right now is the only hope for a 2nd Auburn SEC victory this year. But if Richt steps away or his departure is announced, the team will rally and that possible W disappears.

So Mcelwain losses his starting qb and is able to coach up his backup? Should have beaten LSU in death valley. They have a pretty good HC down there.

One year does not a good head coach make. Let's wait and see how this team is doing 2-3 years down the road before we make that kind of judgement.

So Mcelwain losses his starting qb and is able to coach up his backup? Should have beaten LSU in death valley. They have a pretty good HC down there.

While I agree that I do think he's a good and will continue to get better, who'd have thought we'd be in this position after the '13 success Gus had and all. Never can tell I suppose.

One year does not a good head coach make. Let's wait and see how this team is doing 2-3 years down the road before we make that kind of judgement.

See Colorado St before and after Mcelwain's era. True, SEC is a big big league but to overcome losing your starting qb and keep a competitive team is exceptional. Many would have folded up the tents, made excuses and called it a season.

Go to a UGA/AU game in Athens and be in a wheelchair after an AU win and the a holes are going woof woof and trying to get you into a fight. True story a frickin wheelchair. Was in a wheelchair due to two hip replacements at the time.

This. A thousand times this. The only really bad experience I've had at a road game was in Athens. After Auburn won, we returned to the car to find the rear windshield with the AU sticker on it shattered by the brick that was now in the backseat.

They really live up to the latter half of one of their chants: "Ain't nothing finer in the land, than a drunk, obnoxious Georiga fan"

Archived