Its not hard to figure out, folks.

JamesG

What the &@)!# do you want Gus to do?? He's a very good coach. He didn't get stupid all of a sudden. Let me spell it out for you. WE. DONT. HAVE. A. COMPETENT. QUARTERBACK. Gus/Lashlee are COMPLETELY HANDCUFFED as play callers. Particularly when JJ is in the game.

Jeremy Johnson isn't a great runner, so that takes the read option out of play. JJ also is completely incapable of throwing over the middle or down the field at all. AT ALL. To top it off he isn't a good decision maker. How many passing plays do you think Gus feels comfortable running with JJ?? 2? 3? 90 % of JJ's completions are straight sideways!!! Because of the limitations of the QB, Gus's playbook has been cut down to the size of a post it note!!!! Texas A&M was an anomaly. We can't win like that consistently. We can't run the same 2 running plays all game long and beat teams that way. We did it early today but UGA made adjustments and shut it down. Jeremy Pruitt isn't an idiot.

Sean White is a better passer than JJ but is a freshman and is EXTREMELY limited with the injured knee, and again, not a running QB. So I ask again, What the &$€# do you want Gus to do?? What plays do you want him to call from his 6-play playbook???

WE NEED A RUNNING QB. PERIOD. No one can argue this. Please God don't give me the Chris Todd argument. The only thing Gus is guilty of is not getting the right QB on campus. Why do you think we went after the JUCO QB who just committed?? And for those of you who mocked me for suggesting Jason Smith get a look at QB again, could he be any worse than what you saw out there today?? I'll hang up and listen.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the &@)!# do you want Gus to do?? He's a very good coach. He didn't get stupid all of a sudden. Let me spell it out for you. WE. DONT. HAVE. A. COMPETENT. QUARTERBACK. Gus/Lashlee are COMPLETELY HANDCUFFED as play callers. Particularly when JJ is in the game.

Jeremy Johnson isn't a great runner, so that takes the read option out of play. JJ also is completely incapable of throwing over the middle or down the field at all. AT ALL. To top it off he's isn't a good decision maker. How many passing plays do you think Gus feels comfortable running with JJ?? 2? 3? 90 % of JJ's completions are straight sideways!!! Gus's playbook has been cut down to the size of a post it note!!!! Texas A&M was an anomaly. We can't win like that consistently. We can't run the same 2 running plays all game long and beat teams that way. We did it early today but UGA made adjustments and shut it down. Jeremy Pruitt isn't an idiot.

Sean White is a better passer than JJ but is a freshman and is EXTREMELY limited with the injured knee, and again, not a running QB. So I ask again, What the &$€# do you want you want Gus to do?? What plays do you want him to call from his 6-play playbook???

WE NEED A RUNNING QB. PERIOD. No one can argue this. Please God don't give me the Chris Todd argument. The only thing Gus is guilty of is not getting the right QB on campus. Why do you think we went after the JUCO QB who just committed?? And for those of you who mocked me for suggesting Jason Smith get a look at QB again, could he be any worse than what you saw out there today?? I'll hang up and listen.

Wow. I can only just laugh. Cheers, bro.

Jeremy Johnson isn't a great runner, so that takes the read option out of play. JJ also is completely incapable of throwing over the middle or down the field at all. AT ALL. To top it off he's isn't a good decision maker. How many passing plays do you think Gus feels comfortable running with JJ?? 2? 3? 90 % of JJ's completions are straight sideways!!! Gus's playbook has been cut down to the size of a post it note!!!! Texas A&M was an anomaly. We can't win like that consistently. We can't run the same 2 running plays all game long and beat teams that way. We did it early today but UGA made adjustments and shut it down. Jeremy Pruitt isn't an idiot.

Sean White is a better passer than JJ but is a freshman and is EXTREMELY limited with the injured knee, and again, not a running QB. So I ask again, What the &$€# do you want you want Gus to do?? What plays do you want him to call from his 6-play playbook???

He could always adjust the playbook to the players he has. Just sayin :)

Gus also recruited both players. I agree,he needs a running QB for his offense to work. I wish he'd get back to it by switching Jason Smith's position. I don't think he will and I don't know what the hell he was thinking when he recruited two players he clearly doesn't know how to use.

Sean White is a better passer than JJ but is a freshman and is EXTREMELY limited with the injured knee, and again, not a running QB. So I ask again, What the &$¤# do you want you want Gus to do?? What plays do you want him to call from his 6-play playbook???

He could always adjust the playbook to the players he has. Just sayin :)/>

How do you adjust your playbook to a quarterback who doesn't throw OR run well??

I think we need to define running QB. 40 time? Is a spin move required?

With that being said I am pretty sure Johnson and White can both run enough to run the read option.

I think we need to define running QB. 40 time? Is a spin move required?

With that being said I am pretty sure Johnson and White can both run enough to run the read option.

I seriously doubt people around here want a true dual threat QB. I think most want any athlete back there, who can somewhat throw a spiral. This guy just said put Jason Smith back there.

Illegitimate argument. White had 3 games in a row of 250 plus yards...out of 4 games...1st time this has happened at AU since 1997...and he's a redshirt freshman. In those games the defense tanked. If he was healthy we probably beat Ole Miss and almost definitely win today. The issue isn't qb style, it's playcalling and decision making.

I'm a Gus fan, but it is time for mostly zone reads, and a Gus form of triple option football.

When the above fails, if JJ can't be taught to throw an 8 to 10 yard forward pass or throw the ball away and punt, then we have a

very over paid coaching staff.

Read what StatTiger posted. It pretty much sums up our O.

I'm a Gus fan, but it is time for mostly zone reads, and a Gus form of triple option football.

When the above fails, if JJ can't be taught to throw an 8 to 10 yard forward pass or throw the ball away and punt, then we have a

That was pretty depressing.

Oh another dual threat QB thread.

I was also under the impression Franklin was recruited as an ATH.

I didn't start this thread to start a dual threat argument. People need to get off Gus's back because he has very few options play calling wise right now.

Last year at this time Marshall was holding us back wait until Johnson takes over, remember that? It has run off the rails and NOONE on this staff seems to know what to do, the first mistake was giving Gus a huge buyout after the first year, it went down hill fast after that did it not.

Just a good QB will do...Sean is adequate but he is clearly hurt...JJ does not have the stones for big boy football

Maybe next week we will see some Jonathan Wallace, just in case. SW needs to be shut down honestly. He could barely move.

I love that we are now implying that a backup JUCO qb was recruited to replace the current qbs. This site gets funnier every day. Can we please turn this into another worthless, beating a dead horse pocket vs dual threat qb discussion? Oh wait...too late...

I love that we are now implying that a backup JUCO qb was recruited to replace the current qbs. This site gets funnier every day. Can we please turn this into another worthless, beating a dead horse pocket vs dual threat qb discussion? Oh wait...too late...

BUT CHRIS TODD

It was depressing but for those of us begging for answers, it sure sheds some light.

Illegitimate argument. White had 3 games in a row of 250 plus yards...out of 4 games...1st time this has happened at AU since 1997...and he's a redshirt freshman. In those games the defense tanked. If he was healthy we probably beat Ole Miss and almost definitely win today. The issue isn't qb style, it's playcalling and decision making.

If you want our program to look like a Chris Todd- led 8 win football team, be my guest. Gus's offense is at its explosive best with a running QB. No one can dispute this.

to the OP- no its not hard to figure out we know we need a good QB to work the O. But most teams do. this year is a bust. but as hard it is to say i do not think getting rid of Gus is the answer. One important thing we need as well is consistency in coaching. we have had a lot of turnover in this dept as well.

stick with gus but get rid of lashlee. and find a QB. But I dont think we have one 'as of now' for next year to turn it around for major change. no one on this team should go anywhere less than seniors should go to nfl so we would have a great return.

but my overall point is consistency. we need it year in year out. getting rid off a head coach would put us back more. I am so tired of losing to our biggest rivals on average 3/4 years. yes it is tiring. this year sucks. get rid of lashlee. need QB. white does have promise. i digress. IDK.

They handcuffed themselves by putting themselves in that position. I mean, its his 3rd season as HC here: who's fault is it that he doesn't have a QB?

Even when White was healthy they failed to change their offense to utilize what he CAN do. When they finally started opening up the pass with him, it became evident that our receiver play was supbar (see: Arkansas game which featured an embarrassing number of drops). So why go into this season with two passing QB's if we cant develop or recruit receivers worth a sh*t? Again, just terrible planning and execution of the talent at hand. Its his 3rd year here and we still dont have a TE on the roster to exploit all the crowding at the line of scrimmage which we see every week from the defense. This is rudimentary stuff.

Sean White is a better passer than JJ but is a freshman and is EXTREMELY limited with the injured knee, and again, not a running QB. So I ask again, What the &$¤# do you want you want Gus to do?? What plays do you want him to call from his 6-play playbook???

He could always adjust the playbook to the players he has. Just sayin :)/>

How do you adjust your playbook to a quarterback who doesn't throw OR run well??

He can run some zone reads. Heck,mGus puts him in while at the goal line for short yardage runs?

So it not the crap play-calling, oh ok.

yes that as well, i got tired of typing. but you know damn well we cant run 100% of plays. thats pathetic

Archived