Is Auburn going bowling?

auburn4ever

Could only be 10 SEC teams making a bowl. The less the teams the less the chance AU goes to the B'ham bowl. Let's pray so. That would be embarrassing.

Yep, we need to root for Arkansas over Mizzou and Louisville over Kentucky next week.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please come to the belk bowl, please come to the belk bowl, PLEASE COME TO THE BELK BOWL @ Bank of America stadium in Charlotte NC!

Yes, please, please, please.

I'll go anywhere but Birmingham. I'd like someplace warm but that's not likely. Still, we can hope. About Birmingham, I said never again and I meant it.

Not hard to figure out who the old timers are in the AUF. :poke:

Not hard at all. The first Auburn game I saw in person, Tucker Fredrickson was throwing chrushing blocks while leading Jimmy Sidle around end on those fantastic end sweeps.

Why not play Memphis at the Liberty Bowl? The Belk Bowl would be a nice bowl to play in. Playing in Birmingham is like kissing your first cousin who is 5-3 and weighs 325 lbs.!

Can she rush the passer?

I agree with you Jared. Sign her up!

While the SEC slots each of their bowl commitments by final standings, they have the flexibility to change bowl assignments. What benefit would the Birmingham Bowl receive from having an in-state participant in its game? The Auburn fan base is well aware of the conditions surrounding Legion Field and there would be no incentive to stay/dine at any of the city's hotels and establishments. The bowl would be better served with out-of-town opponents. I'm holding out hope for a Liberty Bowl bid in Memphis with a match-up against a Big XII opponent (Texas Tech, perhaps)?

Hopefully bham has buses to run to the stadium. I'm not parking my car in the ghetto of bham. It's 11am too which is typical for this season.

Could only be 10 SEC teams making a bowl. The less the teams the less the chance AU goes to the B'ham bowl. Let's pray so. That would be embarrassing.

Yep, we need to root for Arkansas over Mizzou and Louisville over Kentucky next week.

Missouri and Kentucky winning will not change our bowl status. We are preferred as a fan base over both of those teams.

I agree with the sentiment about the birmingham bowl not being a good financial "fit" for the city. If Auburn plays in Birmingham, the city makes ZERO money. We have a bad taste in our mouth from the years of mistreatment by that town. Auburn fans won't spend money in the ham.

Gus better hope it's not the ham. Au fans and alumni are upset enough without having Elyton Village all over their shoes and floor mats. And if we were to loose he might not make the ball drop.

They are in the middle of redoing elyton. Still a very crappy place. But they have good insulation in the remodeled ones.

I could park the work truck over there and not worry.

I prefer The Belk Bowl if we can play either Duke or NC State. I saw one prediction in another Bowl having us matched against Wisconsin AGAIN! No, No, NO. I would rather play in Shreveport. I am sure we all have Zero interest in playing Wisconsin again. Hoping we do our best Saturday and maybe things will start looking up. I definitely do not want a game that starts at 11am...just NOT our cup of tea.

Gus better hope it's not the ham. Au fans and alumni are upset enough without having Elyton Village all over their shoes and floor mats. And if we were to loose he might not make the ball drop.

Well, maybe he won't "loose" and he'll get to see the ball drop and pop a cork and some other hip cool sayings dawg.

After the top six bowls the rest can choose as they wish. Then it becomes a money game so they prefer teams with high appeal and a fan base that not only travels but spends well. Despite a 6-6 record AU would pass some 7-5 and even 8-4 teams up. May not seem fair but it's college $$$ football. WDE

P.S. But being 7-5 and beating uat we will be a much bigger appeal maybe peach or at least Nashville and this will be where we are at by Saturday night

If Mizzou beats Arky, I would expect to get one of the "group of six" bowls, since all three of us would be 6-6. Generally we seem to be more attractive to the bowls than those two. I'm thinking maybe Penn St or Indiana in Jacksonville?

Archived