Is Auburn going bowling?

auburn4ever

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we up at 6-6, Auburn will most likely play in the Birmingham bowl.

Basis for "most likely"?

Note: Merely repeating what others have said is not a basis. Nor are the dingleberries you pluck from your nether regions.

The NCAA is worried about even having enough bowl eligible teams to fill all the slots. There's even been some talk that some bowls might not be played. AU fans travel very. very well and as the bowls are about money, having a fan base that travels well and has money to spend when they get to their destination is a consideration. AU is going bowling but if it's B'ham, I'll eat my hat.

It beats not going to any bowl game. However, it doesn't speak well about Auburn though. We had so much promise coming into this season but look what happened with the bad coaching and bad play calling all year.

With offense, we shouldn't go to any bowl. I honestly doubt we win.

I think we win by 20......

So when do Bowl announcements go out. BTW we should definately go to a Bowl, win lose or draw those 15 extra practices are invalueable to this team.

So when do Bowl announcements go out. BTW we should definately go to a Bowl, win lose or draw those 15 extra practices are invalueable to this team.

Auburn will go somewhere. Bowl invitations go out on Sunday I believe.

We will definitely get and accept a bowl bid, that's not an issue.

Auburn won’t find out what bowl it will take part in until Sunday, when the postseason schedule will be set. One possibility is the in-state Birmingham Bowl. Another is the Independence Bowl in Shreveport, La. And the Tigers could also land in one of the SEC’s “Pool of Six” bowls, comprised of the Outback, TaxSlayer, Music City, Texas, Belk and Liberty. Of those, the Belk and Liberty have been rumored as potential landing spots for the Tigers.

…rumors but documented rumors

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/Tigers-vow-to-make-most-of-bowl-berth-41549303

ANYTHING but the B'ham Bowl....please Lord hear our prayers....ANYTHING but the B'ham Bowl

Agree.....but which ever bowl we get, we should have the capability of winning it since the teams are pretty much matched up by their performance this past season. The only thing that worried me is that we might end up playing a MAC or Sunbelt opponent.....that would be demeaning IMO...but maybe appropriate.

really how so?

all positions will be up for grabs in the spring along with coaching changes. 15 extra practices won't do crap. We just completed 4 months of practice and you saw the results.

Archived