Jon Solomon: Why Can't Auburn Win Consistently?

RunInRed

Some how all that integrity and winning the right way doesn't make me feel better about my team sitting at the bottom of the SECW and possibly heading to freaking Legion Field for a craptastic bowl.

Yeah? So? Maybe you and people like you are part of the problem. Maybe too damned many people are too worried about how they "feel" right now and are too willing to do the wrong thing to feel better. Drug addicts and Alabama football. Not where I wanna be.

Actions speak louder than words where football is concerned. And like it or not, Auburn hasn't acted like a top shelf SEC team for the past two years. Jon Solomon can write all the crap he wants, but AUs struggles can't be blamed on uat. Auburn is responsible for the product they put on the field, Auburn is responsible for the play calling and the player development.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keesler: you're saying exactly what I'm thinking in better words than I possibly could.

If we can come out today (and next Labor Day weekend, for that matter) and not roll over like we did in The '11 and '12 games (and LSU this year), I'll feel better about Gus's ability to right the ship. If we do roll over in those two games, though...

Norcuron: What does it say about our current coaches, then, if they've spent all this time recruiting QBs with whom they cannot win? JJ, along with KF, was Gus's 'man,' after all.

Keesler: you're saying exactly what I'm thinking in better words than I possibly could.

If we can come out today (and next Labor Day weekend, for that matter) and not roll over like we did in The '11 and '12 games (and LSU this year), I'll feel better about Gus's ability to right the ship. If we do roll over in those two games, though...

Norcuron: What does it say about our current coaches, then, if they've spent all this time recruiting QBs with whom they cannot win? JJ, along with KF, was Gus's 'man,' after all.

we're not the only ones with that problem. Saban got lucky last year with Blake finally, after some 3 or 4 years, turning into a productive QB. Coker sort of fell into his lap and has been OK but really benefits from not having to do much other than not turn the ball over and hand off to Henry. The defense does the rest. His recruiting of quarterbacks hasn't been exactly working like he thought.

we're not the only ones with that problem. Saban got lucky last year with Blake finally, after some 3 or 4 years, turning into a productive QB. Coker sort of fell into his lap and has been OK but really benefits from not having to do much other than not turn the ball over and hand off to Henry. The defense does the rest. His recruiting of quarterbacks hasn't been exactly working like he thought.

Yeah, and they didn't have much trouble with McCarron, did they?

Look, Gus deserves two more years, but he'd better get to business this offseason. The workouts this winter to be 1981 kind of brutal.

Archived