John Franklin III

RunInRed

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is JF III the same QB that isn't even starting for his JUCO team? This is an honest question.

EMCC had a starter in 2014 who played very well and returned for 2015. JFIII was a backup QB at FSU in 2014 and this was his first and only year at EMCC. Yes he was the backup. No, it's not because he wasn't talented enough to be a starter. He just chose to go somewhere nearby since he only planned to be there a year before getting back to FBS level.

So his mindset wasn't "I'll compete and do everything I can to win the starting job, put up great numbers and get big time programs come knocking on my door to be their DT QB?"

I'm not saying you're wrong, it just surprises me he wouldn't try to compete and show FSU what they missed out on and what other big time programs to reap the rewards of.

I don't think he fit FSU's type of offense. He is a much better fit in our offense. The same reason Narcisse picked us over LSU.

^A lot of others have absolutely said that he's our starting QB for 2016 because he can run. Never mind the countless other skills required to be a good quarterback. Some folks are a little desperate and leaping to faulty conclusions as a result.

After the hype we got this year, you'd hope we'd learn to temper our expectations.

And when it happens again we'll blame the coaches and the media.

I'll never board the hype train again. I was not one who used the coaches and media as a scapegoat.

At 6'1" and 183lbs I worry about his durability throughout a season in the SEC.

How heavy was Nick Marshall?

Quite a difference

Quite a difference

Nick wasn't that big when he arrived. I don't think he weighed 200 when he got to campus.

Quite a difference

i could gain that much inn much less time. i would have a severe shortness of breath though.

Quite a difference

Nick wasn't that big when he arrived. I don't think he weighed 200 when he got to campus.

Nor Did Sean white who is measuring 6 feet and 200 pounds.

^A lot of others have absolutely said that he's our starting QB for 2016 because he can run. Never mind the countless other skills required to be a good quarterback. Some folks are a little desperate and leaping to faulty conclusions as a result.

This. People act like there are all kinds of Nick Marshalls out there. Only a few has the It factor and having speed doesn't mean you have the It factor.

I'll hold thoughts and opinions on the kid until he takes a snap for us and proves what he can do.

If he wins the job, we will know pretty much immediately how good he is going up against Clemson. Assuming they're going to be good again next year.

If this guy works out great. He's the type of quarterback that makes things go boom with this offense. Now that having been said, Sean may beat him and everyone else out. If that's the case, I'm cool with that. Let the games begin and may the best man win.

I'm all for him starting if he process to be the better quarterback. And I agree, a competitive nature is always good and can make the team better. I'm just tired of everyone anointing him as the savior of Auburn football by virtue of him being a runner.

Dont you think you are reading into peoples excitement the wrong way? I see people happy for him to come and give it a shot but i dont see anyone handing him the starting position without earning it.

I'm all for him starting if he process to be the better quarterback. And I agree, a competitive nature is always good and can make the team better. I'm just tired of everyone anointing him as the savior of Auburn football by virtue of him being a runner.

Dont you think you are reading into peoples excitement the wrong way? I see people happy for him to come and give it a shot but i dont see anyone handing him the starting position without earning it.

happy - about everything except him talking w/r'lashlee

happy - about everything except him talking w/r'lashlee

not to discredit SW

If this guy works out great. He's the type of quarterback that makes things go boom with this offense. Now that having been said, Sean may beat him and everyone else out. If that's the case, I'm cool with that. Let the games begin and may the best man win.

This is all I want is true competition. I want Sean White to have competition going into spring and if he wins it, then great.

This is all I want is true competition. I want Sean White to have competition going into spring and if he wins it, then great.

:hellyeah: me too brother, me too.

Agreed. I am not a fan of the running quarterback / zone read offense. We were lucky that Cam and NM never got seriously injured but with this kind of offense, the team is one injury away from being back to square one.

So glad to find this forum and WDE!

glad you are liking it

Is JF III the same QB that isn't even starting for his JUCO team? This is an honest question.

EMCC had a starter in 2014 who played very well and returned for 2015. JFIII was a backup QB at FSU in 2014 and this was his first and only year at EMCC. Yes he was the backup. No, it's not because he wasn't talented enough to be a starter. He just chose to go somewhere nearby since he only planned to be there a year before getting back to FBS level.

So his mindset wasn't "I'll compete and do everything I can to win the starting job, put up great numbers and get big time programs come knocking on my door to be their DT QB?"

I'm not saying you're we in it just surprises me he wouldn't try to compete and show FSU what they missed out on and what other big time programs to reap the rewards of.

Who said he didn't compete? They knew he'd only be there a year so they let the other guy keep playing.

Interesting they didn't have that same mindset when Cam and Nick were obvious one-and-dones and on top of that, Nick came in as a DB transfer.

I'm not saying you're we in it just surprises me he wouldn't try to compete and show FSU what they missed out on and what other big time programs to reap the rewards of.

Who said he didn't compete? They knew he'd only be there a year so they let the other guy keep playing.

Interesting they didn't have that same mindset when Cam and Nick were obvious one-and-dones and on top of that, Nick came in as a DB transfer.

I don't think they had an established guy already there when Cam and Nick did their Juco stints.

Interesting they didn't have that same mindset when Cam and Nick were obvious one-and-done and on top of that, Nick came in as a DB transfer.

Just say you don't want him to come compete as qb and be done with it man lol. All of this indirectness. What is more interesting is the fact that the coaching staff feels the need to bring in a 2nd string QB from the JUCO ranks to compete for the starting job.

Interesting they didn't have that same mindset when Cam and Nick were obvious one-and-done and on top of that, Nick came in as a DB transfer.

Just say you don't want him to come compete as qb and be done with it man lol. All of this indirectness. What is more interesting is the fact that the coaching staff feels the need to bring in a 2nd string QB from the JUCO ranks to compete for the starting job.

I think what they are looking for is someone who offers the possibility of being the kind of quarterback that can run all aspects of this offense. They are taking a chance on him, not guaranteeing him anything. The HS quarterbacks that are coming in this year and next are DT guys so I'm guessing they are thinking maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle again and then have these other guys ready to go in a couple of years. He could end up at receiver with Sean throwing to him. Just looking at all options here.

Archived