Men at Coastal Carolina - game thread

WarTiger

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game boys! We choked!

you were saying?

We did choke. Shouldn't have gotten to that point.

Losing big leads and ultimately losing is choking.

It's a win.... Extremely bad final 10 minutes. Luckily the first 30 were good enough to win. Out scored by 15 in the final 10 minutes. Our defense is going to need to imrpove to playing a whole game to make the dance this year, but atleast we have a chance for the first time in a long time! A lot to like about this team. Need some leaders to step up and for Bowers to sit when it's close at the end from now on and we'll be pretty darn good.

Side note: Sure wish the refs in college BBall weren't all dead set on affecting the game. I've come to the conclusion over the past few years that there is no such thing as a good college BBall referee. I had to quit watching 2 years ago after a good 10 games in a row were decided by refs (and usually incorrectly). I guess it's just the nature of BBall. Doubt it ever changes.

I watched most of the broadcast and I hope I never have to watch by that network again. Horrible video quality, horrible announcers, and always had to wait for it to buffer.

We did get too lackadaisical in the end and cliff ellis almost made us pay for it

I watched most of the broadcast and I hope I never have to watch by that network again. Horrible video quality, horrible announcers, and always had to wait for it to buffer.

We did get too lackadaisical in the end and cliff ellis almost made us pay for it

It was coastal carolinas broadcast I believe (their version of Rod for us). They were clearly pulling for CC the whole game, so Insure hope that was the case anyways.

Game boys! We choked!

you were saying?

Don't change the argument. You said "game", which means you believed we were going to lose. Own up.

Given our recent basketball history i will take any road win over a solid opponent no matter how we get there. Young team with lots of new parts still gelling and learning to play together.

Game boys! We choked!

you were saying?

No. Your implication was we were going to lose. We did NOT. Don't change the subject, own your statement, negative nancy.

We deserve to lose. The last probably 6 minutes pearl et al sucked

You have a habit of showing up only when things are going poorly and then yammering on about how we deserve to lose. If that's all you are going to do, why not find something else to do that makes you happy, rather than come in here and spread your constant doom and gloom. Most of us here don't want to hear it.

Game boys! We choked!

you were saying?

Winning is not choking. When you make mistakes, but still win you didn't coke-- almost let it slip through your fingers, yes.

Game boys! We choked!

you were saying?

Winning is not choking. When you make mistakes, but still win you didn't coke-- almost let it slip through your fingers, yes.

That is not verbatim to what I said but that is exactly what I meant.

Lucky to win that one. Played sloppy at the end and they got red hot. Good teaching moment for Pearl to show the team it ain't over till it's over! Still good win against a solid team.

This team is growing and maturing every game. Pearl will turn this into a learning moment, so glad we have a coach who knows the game and knows how to teach it. Thanks Jay Jacobs for doing what it takes to get Pearl, now do what it takes to keep him!!!

Boy...the football season has turned a lot of Tigers into wildcats....... ;)

A good win on the road in a hostile environment. I'll take it.

By the way WE DIDN'T CHOKE.......

Maybe coughed a few times while on the foul line late in the game however..... :)

You have a habit of showing up only when things are going poorly and then yammering on about how we deserve to lose. If that's all you are going to do, why not find something else to do that makes you happy, rather than come in here and spread your constant doom and gloom. Most of us here don't want to hear it.

No need to pull up my post the next day to comment on it. If you don't like what i have to say about it don't read it. I surely don't agree with everything you post but i don't sit here and call you out over it. Being negative and being apparent of the miscues are two different things. If you're ok with the fact that we blew a huge lead late in the game based on some bad decisions by both the players and coaching then fine, others are not. Am I glad that AU won? Yes I am. Do i enjoy watching them? Yes i do. Do I have the freedom to post what i feel like? Yes I do just as like i said above you have the freedom to ignore it if you do not agree

i asked this question on the recruiting thread and i'll ask it here. can anyone explain why we have recruited so many guards versus big men? I noticed the roster had four out of the five forwards as seniors and only one forward being signed in the early period. Didn't know if there was a good explanation or if we just haven't been able to sign any more than that.

No need to pull up my post the next day to comment on it. If you don't like what i have to say about it don't read it. That makes no sense. How will I know if I like or don't like what you have to say until I read it? I surely don't agree with everything you post but i don't sit here and call you out over it. Being negative and being apparent of the miscues are two different things. If you're ok with the fact that we blew a huge lead late in the game based on some bad decisions by both the players and coaching then fine, others are not. Am I glad that AU won? Yes I am. Do i enjoy watching them? Yes i do. Do I have the freedom to post what i feel like? Yes I do just as like i said above you have the freedom to ignore it if you do not agree. I also have the freedom to respond.

You are right, they are two different things. If you would show up occasionally when we actually play well the entire game and win, then discuss things we actually did well, AND things we could improve on, It would be different. But that's not what you do. You show up only when things are going poorly and then complain about it.

i asked this question on the recruiting thread and i'll ask it here. can anyone explain why we have recruited so many guards versus big men? I noticed the roster had four out of the five forwards as seniors and only one forward being signed in the early period. Didn't know if there was a good explanation or if we just haven't been able to sign any more than that.

I'd say the obvious answer is that it's harder to find really good big men. I know Pearl plays a 3 guard system so we would naturally want more guards then big guys anyway. But I'm sure Pearl is looking hard for a quality big man right now. And maybe he has more hope than we do that Reed will reappear.

Archived