The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have the most inept offensive coaches that caught lighning in a bottle, in Cam and Nick. Other than junior college transfers, they have not groomed a successful qb in the time he has been here. Sean is a gamer. It is a shame he has to play hurt because these clowns have no back up plan.

Can anyone remember the last loss in AU history that was as big as a letdown or disappointment as yesterday´s loss to GA?

I´ve been an AU fan since the 80´s and I can´t remember a loss that was as disappointing as this one- I can take a loss, but I can´t take the way our offense played- especially in the 2nd half, but really, the whole game.

The 2014 BCS Championship Game was hugely disappointing, but at least we showed up and played. 

51 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Can anyone remember the last loss in AU history that was as big as a letdown or disappointment as yesterday´s loss to GA?

I´ve been an AU fan since the 80´s and I can´t remember a loss that was as disappointing as this one- I can take a loss, but I can´t take the way our offense played- especially in the 2nd half, but really, the whole game.

The 2014 BCS Championship Game was hugely disappointing, but at least we showed up and played. 

2007 LSU game I think I literally felt my heart break. 

2014 Texas A&M was pretty bad for me.

This one rivaled those.

5 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

See AU/UGA 2006

1 hour ago, 1auburn1 said:

See AU/UGA 2006

Went back and ran through the video of that game on YT. I had forgotten about it. A lot of similarities there, except the defense didn´t show on that day. We were ranked #5 going in to that game. Painful to watch. 

2006 UGA was a very bad game but it was a game that you kinda saw coming. Auburn was an imperfect team and they were hanging on by a thread at times.

2014 A&M was at least a great game and competitive. This was really bad on multiple levels. Not only did we fail to accomplish even basic offensive things, we lost to a very mediocre UGA team for the 3rd year in a row, on a Saturday where so many of our obstacles to the playoff were swept away in upsets. We also clinched the West for bammer and guaranteed their place in the playoff for the 3rd straight year, regardless of the results of the Iron Bowl. All in all, a pretty bad day. Not a lot worse than that. 

On 11/12/2016 at 7:46 PM, Randman5000 said:

Ec2TVI1.gif

"Are you a big man? Huh? I'm talkin' to you!"
"Do you wake up in the mornin' and say, "I'm puttin on my big boy pants. Look, I'm wearin' a belt. I got big boy pants on."
"Is this how you conduct yourself... in a democracy?"

....."I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!"

7 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

"Are you a big man? Huh? I'm talkin' to you!"
"Do you wake up in the mornin' and say, "I'm puttin on my big boy pants. Look, I'm wearin' a belt. I got big boy pants on."
"Is this how you conduct yourself... in a democracy?"

....."I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!"

If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freakin eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend.

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I remember a game against Bama back in the sixties and QB Alex Bowden threw not one, not two, not three, but 7 interceptions.

Was Curly Hallman on out staff back then? ;)

On 11/13/2016 at 9:40 AM, Dan-0 said:

This reminds me a lot like the 2014 loss to Texas A&M. But still, this Georgia one, I think it was worse. 

17 hours ago, lca408 said:

2006 UGA was a very bad game but it was a game that you kinda saw coming. Auburn was an imperfect team and they were hanging on by a thread at times.

2014 A&M was at least a great game and competitive. This was really bad on multiple levels. Not only did we fail to accomplish even basic offensive things, we lost to a very mediocre UGA team for the 3rd year in a row, on a Saturday where so many of our obstacles to the playoff were swept away in upsets. We also clinched the West for bammer and guaranteed their place in the playoff for the 3rd straight year, regardless of the results of the Iron Bowl. All in all, a pretty bad day. Not a lot worse than that. 

The other losses that happened that day made it all the worse. Everything fell into place for us this past Saturday, minus us winning our own game. Very disappointed. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived