The Official Meltdown Thread

thaitopher

im never really one to listen to the whole "he said she said he said this would happen"

But I've got a family members who lives next door to a big time ex auburn player and they're good friends. (The family member is also a huge booster, ticket season holders for like 3 generations, etc)

His speculation from what he's heard and seen is that JJ starts Clemson.

I don't know if I can believe jj will beat out Sean unless something really pops inside his head. But it was a mini meltdown moment for me, thought I'd share it with the thread

I can understand the meltdown moment, BUT....

I would love for JJ to start this year and play like everyone expected him to play like last year.

well that would definitely be the best possible scenario

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im never really one to listen to the whole "he said she said he said this would happen"

But I've got a family members who lives next door to a big time ex auburn player and they're good friends. (The family member is also a huge booster, ticket season holders for like 3 generations, etc)

I don't know if I can believe jj will beat out Sean unless something really pops inside his head. But it was a mini meltdown moment for me, thought I'd share it with the thread

I can understand the meltdown moment, BUT....

I would love for JJ to start this year and play like everyone expected him to play like last year.

well that would definitely be the best possible scenario

I don't think even the coaches know who will start the Clemson game. It's too early. I think JJ has the opportunity to start the game but so do White, Queen and JF3.

If true, the game will be over in the first quarter . It will be reminiscent of the LSU game last year.

If true, the game will be over in the first quarter . It will be reminiscent of the LSU game last year.

I don't think so.

I don't think so.

giphy.gif

I don't think so.

I don't either. If JJ starts, it probably means that he got a grip on whatever was his mental problem and we now have our best QB on the field.

I don't think so.

I don't either. If JJ starts, it probably means that he got a grip on whatever was his mental problem and we now have our best QB on the field.

People get polarized on QB's very quickly it seems. Personally, I don't care who starts at QB as long as they are the best player at that position that we have on the roster, and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what Gus is looking for before naming a starter.

Our fanbase is in a sad state lately. Melting continues. Drip...drip...

That's what losing to UGA and bammer 2 years in a row and the Bham bowl will do.

Only sad because they put all their eggs in one basket. Auburn is doing some good things outside of football and basketball is about to finally move upward (I believe).

Only sad because they put all their eggs in one basket. Auburn is doing some good things outside of football and basketball is about to finally move upward (I believe).

Well our men sports suck at the moment. Basketball will improve for sure

I can't help but put my eggs in the Big 3 men's sports basket.... and those eggs are rather stinky right now.

I don't think so.

If you mean able to read a defense under pressure then maybe. I'm told by someone who would know that JJ is a distant distant 3rd right now. Going to be either SW o JF3. JF3 passing is pretty bad but JF3 is showing he has the drive to beat out SW and is trying to improve everyday. SW? I don't know if the same drive is there. Going to be an interesting fall camp. SW will be the #1 QB going into fall camp.

If JJ get the start. The Gus Bus at AU will be over. IMO.

I don't think so.

If you mean able to read a defense under pressure then maybe. I'm told by someone who would know that JJ is a distant distant 3rd right now. Going to be either SW o JF3. JF3 passing is pretty bad but JF3 is showing he has the drive to beat out SW and is trying to improve everyday. SW? I don't know if the same drive is there. Going to be an interesting fall camp. SW will be the #1 QB going into fall camp.

Totally agree

I don't think so.

Totally agree

We have reached an all time low. Even the meltdown thread is susceptible to being hijacked by the SW JF3 debate. :). Spreading like gangrene it is.

I don't think so.

Agreed. If he starts, the game will be reminiscent of the 1980 UT game. It will be ugly and will cost Gus his job.

Well our men sports suck at the moment. Basketball will improve for sure

+100

Did enjoy watching the Women's softball team play with more heart than I have seen from the football team in a while. Women are doing well but baseball, basketball, and football aren't. The next two sports I personally would care about for men would be Wrestling and Soccer which we don't have.

I don't think so.

everything I've heard, Internet wise, agrees with your statement about the starting QB.

But Jeremy did have that wow factor in every game he played in that wasn't in 2015. If he somehow goes back to that stage, he could be a good QB, at the least His highlights from the games he started in place of NM are pretty amazing, even considering the competition.

I would not imagine JJ starting unless the coaches really do believe he overcame whatever was wrong with him last season.

I don't think so.

I was basically (in a very classy, professional way) told the same thing, by you know who.

I don't think so.

I was basically (in a very classy, professional way) told the same thing, by you know who.

You mean "He who must not be named" ?

Archived