Thinking about jumping ship

lewisbr

This may sound like a troll post or whatever you call it but I seriously feel like being a fan of another team. Idk...I don't watch any other sports and I don't necessarily want to not be an Auburn fan but I feel like I need another team to pull for. I've been an Auburn fan since 2003 and graduated from Auburn in 2009. I've seen/been to lots of great games but it's been tough being an Auburn fan. Does anyone else feel the same? If not, will you talk me down from the ledge?

This may sound like a troll post or whatever you call it but I seriously feel like being a fan of another team. Idk...I don't watch any other sports and I don't necessarily want to not be an Auburn fan but I feel like I need another team to pull for. I've been an Auburn fan since 2003 and graduated from Auburn in 2009. I've seen/been to lots of great games but it's been tough being an Auburn fan. Does anyone else feel the same? If not, will you talk me down from the ledge?

Your time as a fan includes some of our best years. Hard for me to sympathize. Bama's doing well-- maybe you should pull for them. Walmart can hook you up with the attire.

Are you a girl?

Your time as a fan includes some of our best years. Hard for me to sympathize. Bama's doing well-- maybe you should pull for them. Walmart can hook you up with the attire.

Definitely won't be an Alabama fan. Just can't do it. And you're right...I think we've had our best and worst years since I've been a fan. I just hate not being competitive at all when we aren't having an incredible season (04, 10, 13)

Are you a girl?

Nope

I've been a fan since the great Bo Jackson was toting the rock in the early 80's. It's been up and down, but man is it great when it's up. This stuff goes in cycles and it'll all be alright bro. That said, I wouldn't trade anything for my bond with my Auburn Tigers! WDE

Definitely won't be an Alabama fan. Just can't do it. And you're right...I think we've had our best and worst years since I've been a fan. I just hate not being competitive at all when we aren't having an incredible season (04, 10, 13)

Good preparation for life -- it can be a roller coaster.

Man, do we have a place for you...

But seriously though, feel free to jump. If AU isn't in your blood, hey nobody is stopping you. Just promise not to put on the orange and blue again one of these years when the stars align for another run, because I can't stand bandwagoners...

Should've witnessed '89 and '93, more great seasons.

Man, do we have a place for you...

But seriously though, feel free to jump. If AU isn't in your blood, hey nobody is stopping you. Just promise not to put on the orange and blue again one of these years when the stars align for another run, because I can't stand bandwagoners...

This!!! My little brother jumped ship when bammer started their run. Hate him for it.

I thought Auburn was a university. Yep. Says "Auburn University" on my diploma. Doesn't say anything "Auburn Football".

Auburn is a lot of things. First and foremost it is an institution of higher learning. It is an institution that produced men and women who have orbited the earth and moon (matter of fact STS-4 was an all Auburn crew with Ken Mattingly and Hank Hartsfield). It is an institution who's graduates are finding cures for diseases. It is a school who's graduates have led this country's finest men and women in defense of our nation. It is a small southern town with the best lemonade on the planet. It is rolling The Corner during our victories and holding our heads high in defeat no matter what venues those achievements and disappointments show themselves. Auburn is a family, a spirit comparable to no other. Auburn is a creed. It is a way of life.

I believe in Auburn, and love it. So does my seven year old son who is already learning to live by our creed. He knows many of the buildings on campus and at his young age already knows Auburn is far more than just a football team. It is Samford Hall, Foy Hall and the hotline. It's Niffers, the Supper Club (even if it will soon be a part of our history). It is Haley Center, even though we all hate it. It is Petrie Hall, the President's House, J&M, and Guthries.

You either are Auburn, or you aren't. War Eagle.

If you follow Auburn football, it can be a bumpy ride, if your goal is to only be a football fan. Or you can choose to be an Auburn fan, and realize that is much more and much better than just worrying about football. Auburn is more than one sport, Auburn is....

I thought Auburn was a university. Yep. Says "Auburn University" on my diploma. Doesn't say anything "Auburn Football".

Auburn is a lot of things. First and foremost it is an institution of higher learning. It is an institution that produced men and women who have orbited the earth and moon (matter of fact STS-4 was an all Auburn crew with Ken Mattingly and Hank Hartsfield). It is an institution who's graduates are finding cures for diseases. It is a school who's graduates have led this country's finest men and women in defense of our nation. It is a small southern town with the best lemonade on the planet. It is rolling The Corner during our victories and holding our heads high in defeat no matter what venues those achievements and disappointments show themselves. Auburn is a family, a spirit comparable to no other. Auburn is a creed. It is a way of life.

I believe in Auburn, and love it. So does my seven year old son who is already learning to live by our creed. He knows many of the buildings on campus and at his young age already knows Auburn is far more than just a football team. It is Samford Hall, Foy Hall and the hotline. It's Niffers, the Supper Club (even if it will soon be a part of our history). It is Haley Center, even though we all hate it. It is Petrie Hall, the President's House, J&M, and Guthries.

Great post! I believe I'll come down for now. Thanks for not being a jerk

Are you a girl?

Nope

Ok. Well, life in the SEC is full of ups and downs. No one stays on top. Bama's had a good run lately. It will end. They die inside each time they dont get the big title.

The gutter years do suck. My brother has a friend who is a "die hard" AU fan who suddenly became a big gator fan this year (and stayed an au fan) when we struggled and they thrived. He is dead to me now (i keed, I keed). His character meter did take a slight hit in my book, though. However, I chuckle when I see the gators tanking now, though I will love it if they spank the turds this weekend.

Glad I could help.

I get just as frustrated with the football team, but it really is just a game.

Are you a girl?

Nope

Ok. Well, life in the SEC is full of ups and downs. No one stays on top. Bama's had a good run lately. It will end. They die inside each time they dont get the big title.

The gutter years do suck. My brother has a friend who is a "die hard" AU fan who suddenly became a big gator fan this year (and stayed an au fan) when we struggled and they thrived. He is dead to me now (i keed, I keed). His character meter did take a slight hit in my book, though. However, I chuckle when I see the gators tanking now, though I will love it if they spank the turds this weekend.

I can't just choose another team. I'm invested over decades. The highs are great. The lows aren't as intense as they used to be. You can gain perspective, but your family's your family for life.

Glad I could help.

Guess I'm just going through changes as a fan. I used to follow recruiting and everything so close and probably got too involved. I talk to my other Auburn friends about how good we're going to be NEXT year. How Kiehl Frazier (yeah I know) is going to be the best thing at Auburn since Cam, Trovon Reed is going to tear it up, Chizik is going to bring back the old Auburn defense, etc. Lol kinda got old pretty quick. Those are just a few examples...just got my hopes down a lot to talk about how good we should be the next season and then those players/coaches don't work out. (I know it happens everywhere...just sayin)

Glad I could help.

Guess I'm just going through changes as a fan. I used to follow recruiting and everything so close and probably got too involved. I talk to my other Auburn friends about how good we're going to be NEXT year. How Kiehl Frazier (yeah I know) is going to be the best thing at Auburn since Cam, Trovon Reed is going to tear it up, Chizik is going to bring back the old Auburn defense, etc. Lol kinda got old pretty quick. Those are just a few examples...just got my hopes down a lot to talk about how good we should be the next season and then those players/coaches don't work out. (I know it happens everywhere...just sayin)

Sounds like you just need to be more of a realist. (not saying that to be an ahole)

Every team hypes themselves up every year(see Jerry Jones), this year was a bigger let down than usual... but it happens.

Auburn will bounce back :)

Glad I could help.

Perspective is essential. It's a game . Prioritize your fandom with other aspects of your life. Don't count on a team to make you feel good.

Are you a girl?

Nope

I can't just choose another team. I'm invested over decades. The highs are great. The lows aren't as intense as they used to be. You can gain perspective, but your family's your family for life.

Me either. I came to Auburn in 1985 and I was an Alabama fan. By early sophomore year, I was fully converted. If you can spend years on our campus and attend the games and not fall in love with AU there is something wrong with you. I fell in love with the school and attended the games and fell in love with the team that represented the school. I wanted to cheer them on with my friends. There is no feeling like cheering on the Auburn Tigers to victory in a big SEC matchup while surrounded by your friends in the student section of JHS.

My brother was a rabid Alabama fan and attended AU. He was finally baptized at the 1989 Iron Bowl to the dismay of one of our childhood friends who is a bammer, was attending turdville, and was at the game with him. It was a near religious experience for my brother. Still his #1 favorite game and we have seen many. I remember the dismay in his voice when he was telling me about his friend's new love for the gators, lol. Of course, our friend didn't attend AU, nttawwt.

Archived