Last 3 games

auburnatl

Is it just me or did it seem we could not put together an ENTIRE game for our last three efforts (maybe much of the season). Drives of incredible dominance and then .... we'd almost seem bored in both play calling and execution. I couldn't get a read on which offense we had out there (the defense was never in question).

Just an observation since that certainly contributed to our fading in the polls after UGA. Thoughts?

CTT was just wanting to win, not neccessarily add style points.

It could have cost us a chance for the NC ,but I highly doubt it.

Although, I do understand where you are coming from. I hate being the victim of an Alabama victory, especially a moral victory

well, against va tech, tubbs forced borges to sit on the ball. he said so in the press conference after the game. i think that's the worst coaching move tubby's made since the nallsminger hiring. i was so mad during the game. that was so unfair to the players. the seniors deserved to go out playing, not running the ball every down for the last 11 minutes and hamstringing the defense. that was awful, and i think in hindsight he knows it.

bama just played great defense for a half. we controlled them the entire second half. we coulda scored more, but there really was no point. i wish montae had played that ball on the last td... i wanted to go the whole regular season without giving up 100 points. the put us over, oh well.

against ut, the offense was on. they stacked the box, and jason torched them all night. the defense was the one that let down there. i still don't know what the hell really happened. we had some new alignments, but how in the world does one play create blown assignments over and over and over? i'll never fully understand the funk we were in there.

I know this may sound strange but I truly believe that CTT is still growing as a HFC. Guys & Gals, the man showed a lot of improvement this year in all aspects of being a HFC.

We have to remember this was his first championship run as a HFC and he made far more "good" decisions than "bad". This is evident by our 13-0 record and SEC title. As the season progressed, I'm sure some decisions became more difficult. Lord knows that he did not want to make that critical error that would cost an undefeated season. The pressure on our coaches and players must have been enormous by season’s end.

I believe he will become more relaxed with our recent success and we will eventually see his conservative nature fade away for the most part. It appeared that he gave more lead way to Borges than Petrino, which is a good start.

WDE

Good comments. It's just hard to believe that the coach that went for a fake punk in virtually our own end zone against uf several years back is now "conservative", a la "river boat gambler".

But I have to admit, its hard to whine about 13-0. WDE

Two Points:

Our victory (or soft) defense eeds work..... In all three games, we gave up big plays at the end of the competition...... 'Scared me....

We seem to do better when Coach T does not coach....... Don't get me wrong....He's a good guy but the OC and DC should be calling the plays....

I know this may sound strange but I truly believe that CTT is still growing as a HFC.

I hope that sitting on the sideline of the USC game, he saw first-hand what a killer instinct looks like. It is not often you have the talent on offense that using it is less risky than sitting on the ball, but both Auburn and USC had it this year. Carrol used it and impressed the heck out of the college football world; CTT did not use and had the last 3 blow out wins turn in to 4th quarter games, 2 of them coming down to an on-sides kick. If there is an advantage, at least from my perspective, that #1 USC has over #2 Auburn, I put that one as the strongest.

In a couple of years, he may have the talent again, we will see if he has learned...

don't count out next year.......this team has plenty of talent.....the biggest dropoff will be in leadership,but remember, just about the whole defense will be back......and someone always comes forward.....remember last year?.....we lost some key guys and just look at what happened......don't be surprised if AU is in hotlanta next season

I think that we had alot of pressure on us the last 3 games. We knew that we had to play perfect games because of the fact that OU and USC had been 1 and 2 all year. Our last 3 games we played 2 of the Top 5 defenses in the country. It is hard to imagine that beating Alabama on the road by 8 points would be thought of as a semi-weak performance. Bama's program being thought of as mediocre around the country hurt that. Plus when you think that you have to try and blow people out it makes it hard to go out and not play tentative at times. Giving up those late scores on defense didn't help. Should have beat Bama 21-6, if we don't fumble late in the game against VT we probably shut them out, and if we don't turn the ball over in the UT end zone right before the half then we go up maybe 28-7 at halftime. But honestly, I think that we could have blown all 3 out and still have been #3. That is the game that the media and computers wanted from the start and you see what they got. But hell in the words of good ole War Tim we are 13-0, SEC Champs, State Champs 4 outof 5, and True National Champs with us.

Is it just me or did it seem we could not put together an ENTIRE game for our last three efforts (maybe much of the season).  Drives of incredible dominance and then .... we'd almost seem bored in both play calling and execution.  I couldn't get a read on which offense we had out there (the defense was never in question).

Just an observation since that certainly contributed to our fading in the polls after UGA.  Thoughts?

137296[/snapback]

3-0!!!! :au::homer:

CTT was just wanting to win, not neccessarily add style points.

It could have cost us a chance for the NC ,but I highly doubt it.

Although, I do understand where you are coming from. I hate being the victim of an Alabama victory, especially a moral victory

137297[/snapback]

Oooh, I don't know about that, 85. If we could arrange it, I'd take an uat 'moral victory' every year in the Iron Bowl! I know it's not possible, though. Some years we'll just have to be satisfied with a clear victory. :au: WDE

Archived